SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

kv331 wrote:
MacGyver wrote:
And why the hassle then? iLok is so ugly, would appreciate if you invest your time in more important stuff instead :neutral:
Because we are partnering with another company who uses iLok :)
Well...you should partner with a company who doesn't use iLok :!:

Ebola,Aids,Bubonic and iLok are all plagues that we are better staying away from...

It's not a positive move to be partnering with a plague lover.....

Just watch the stink that gets kicked up about this one :wink:
No auto tune...

iLok: While I don't have any problems with the current iLok license manager software on my PC, and I haven't heard of any users with major problems recently, this is a very divisive issue for those who were burned by Pace drivers in the past.

There are many who will not buy certain audio software brands because of this blemish. As long as you continue to offer your customers a choice, you are probably OK, just be aware that it could affect your market within a certain segment.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I won't buy anything that requires another hardware dongle. I have the VSL one, and that is that.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The new default skins are looking much better and smoother, thanks, and the preset font is a big improvement too!
I just noticed a small issue, the "LCD screen" that displays the preset name etc has a green background even in the blue and orange default skins. Hopefully that will get updated at some point. Thanks again, great to see SM continuing to improve.

Bombadil wrote:I won't buy anything that requires another hardware dongle. I have the VSL one, and that is that.
iLok does not require a hardware dongle. The software license manager gets the job done. If your plugins allow two activations, then you can use them on both a desktop and a laptop without any hassles.

But the advantage to using the optional dongle for some folks that move between several computers is that you can take your plugins wherever you work, without having to de-authorize and re-authorize each one. Plug and play.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

digitalboytn wrote: It's not a positive move to be partnering with a plague lover.....

Just watch the stink that gets kicked up about this one :wink:
We are talking about "subscription licensing", not perpetual. Our perpetual license will be key file based.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: We are talking about "subscription licensing", not perpetual. Our perpetual license will be key file based.
Please keep it that way....

So much of the time,these " announcements" are the thin edge of a very thick wedge :wink:
No auto tune...

if there is ilok, I'm not upgrading, simple as that.
If SM3.0 relies on iLok, I won"t buy it.

edit: ah, just read it's only for subscription models. But just to give an idea how much I despise iLok, I have deinstalled all the plugins that I've bought and even those I got for free that rely on iLok.

Relax folks. They are just giving the unfortunate who bought in to ILOK the option to buy synthmaster. I don't think it will Install paceware.

Wouldn't mind having SM 3.0 and One on iLok. Just sayin'.

zzz00m wrote:iLok: While I don't have any problems with the current iLok license manager software on my PC, and I haven't heard of any users with major problems recently, this is a very divisive issue for those who were burned by Pace drivers in the past.

There are many who will not buy certain audio software brands because of this blemish. As long as you continue to offer your customers a choice, you are probably OK, just be aware that it could affect your market within a certain segment.
There were huge issues recently with iLok as their security certificate expired and they kept it to themselves, even notifying developers only a week in advance. The results - full studios disabled, sessions cancelled, lots of pissed off clients and producers.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
zzz00m wrote:iLok: While I don't have any problems with the current iLok license manager software on my PC, and I haven't heard of any users with major problems recently, this is a very divisive issue for those who were burned by Pace drivers in the past.

There were huge issues recently with iLok as their security certificate expired and they kept it to themselves, even notifying developers only a week in advance. The results - full studios disabled, sessions cancelled, lots of pissed off clients and producers.
For people who hadn't updated their ilok in awhile is my understanding.
I know I had zero issues with my iloks.

http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/e ... or-message

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... nformation

https://stevenslatedrums.zendesk.com/hc ... nouncement

released march 30th and the issue happened in August, so yes user error for not updating.....
rsp
sound sculptist

lolilol1975 wrote:if there is ilok, I'm not upgrading, simple as that.
If SM3.0 relies on iLok, I won"t buy it.

edit: ah, just read it's only for subscription models. But just to give an idea how much I despise iLok, I have deinstalled all the plugins that I've bought and even those I got for free that rely on iLok.
I've also given up on iLok, and all the software I use now is free of that thing. I'm bored of losing licences after formatting because of a Windows problem and not being able to recover them.

It's great that they are offering both license models :tu:

kv331 wrote:
atya wrote:
1. would it be possible to slightly change the color of the knob of any parameter that is being modulated (as an addition to the 'mod arcs' around the knobs)?
That gives a much quicker overview of modulated parameters than having to look them up in the mod matrix.

Ken
Hi Ken,

Sure, that's easy to do! will add it in v2.9
Great, thanks in advance!

Don't know how far you've got in the meantime but how about another set (100%, 120%, 140%) of contrasty skins with a more neutral background and less saturated colors? As much as my ears Iove Synthmaster my ageing eyes don't care too much about the dominant hues (yellow orange/dark green/blue) and the lack of contrast in some areas, especially apparent in the 'Silverado' theme.
Other than that I'm pretty happy with SM 2.8 and look forward to the next update.

atya wrote:
would it be possible to slightly change the color of the knob of any parameter that is being modulated (as an addition to the 'mod arcs' around the knobs)?
That gives a much quicker overview of modulated parameters than having to look them up in the mod matrix.

Ken
Hi Ken,

Here it is:
SM29.jpg
I also improved the workflow a little bit, so now when you click on any controls on any mod matrix slot, the source (ADSR, LFO, etc) for that slot is shown automatically (in the above picture that's ADSR3)

There are other UI improvements as well: When you move the mouse over a dropdown control, left/right arrows are shown and the user can change the value of the dropdown by clicking on the arrows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “Instruments”