SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Great :)
Fernando (FMR)

It's been quite a while since I've used this synth, I forgot how flexible the arp was, and though I am still not crazy about the GUI, the bigger versions help a huge amount. I'll have to make sure I use this a lot more than I have so far.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Yay!
Have fun! :party:

braj wrote:My suspicion is it is a skins/resizing issue.
Where did you install the data files
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
braj wrote:My suspicion is it is a skins/resizing issue.
Where did you install the data files
Don't bother. It's solved now. It was an old version lying around that was causing the troubles
Fernando (FMR)

:party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

So will Synthmaster 2.9 have the same features as Synthmaster One (+ more)?

Hanz Meyzer wrote:So will Synthmaster 2.9 have the same features as Synthmaster One (+ more)?
I wouldn't think so - they're two different products aimed at different users (although there's clearly some crossover).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Hanz Meyzer wrote:So will Synthmaster 2.9 have the same features as Synthmaster One (+ more)?
I believe that will be called SynthMaster 3. :party:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

EnochLight wrote:
I wouldn't think so - they're two different products aimed at different users (although there's clearly some crossover).
Yep, you are correct. SM1 is a single screen single layer wavetable synth. SM2/3 is a lot much more than that. SM3 will also read SM1 presets when it is released next year.
Works at KV331 Audio

Guys,

I managed to upload Windows Alpha2 version for SynthMaster 2.9 at: http://betas.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx (OSX version coming up tomorrow night)

What's new?

1. NEW: Added wavetable synthesis support
2. NEW: Added drag-n-drop wavetable import support
3. NEW: Increased number of osc voices to 16

Try dragging and dropping wavetable/waveform files (WAV files) onto the wavetable display. It supports dragging folders as well.

Also, when you right click on the wavetable display you can change the display from 2D to 3D (3D waveform is by default)

BTW, if anybody is visiting ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event), dont forget to check out our booth at the SoundLab. Cheers!
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:Guys,

I managed to upload Windows Alpha2 version for SynthMaster 2.9 at: http://betas.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx (OSX version coming up tomorrow night)
Hi Bülent, thank you so much for that amazing update!!! I really love the new wavetable synthesis Engine, I had some great time loading my Serum and Falcon Wavetables with great stability :clap:
The main problem in v2.9 alpha2 is that every time i load the following presets from the factory library my DAW(s) is crashing (I'm on Win10 Home 64bit, Reaper v5.60rc2, Bitwig v1.3.16 & Renoise v3.1) the list goes on and on with the presets, i just didn't have much more time to go through all of them... What I've noticed is that all those presets using Additive synthesis engine, so maybe you can take a closer look at that... At the moment I've removed all factory and personal presets and I avoid to use Additive Engine, so i can work with no crashes in the new version :?

Here is the list of those crashing presets i was talking (tested in 2 different Win10 64bit Machines with same results)
AR Up The Octaves
ARP DanceSeq UK
BA Bass Stabs 3
BA Contemporary Puncher BT
BA Morphoser UK
BA Thick Electroknocker BT
BR Memory Brass TP
BS DriveIt RL
BS Hummer Bass
BS LoFi on the Mod RL
BS Special Electro RL
CH AddedChord RL
CH Chicago Tribute 01 BT
CH Chicago Tribute 02 BT
CH Future Techno RL
CH Space Drone RL
CH StabThis RL
CHD Brachial MLM
CHD Famous MLM
DR 80s Kit SFZ MK
DR Amen Break

kv331 wrote:Guys,

What's new?

Try dragging and dropping wavetable/waveform files (WAV files) onto the wavetable display. It supports dragging folders as well.

Also, when you right click on the wavetable display you can change the display from 2D to 3D (3D waveform is by default)

BTW, if anybody is visiting ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event), dont forget to check out our booth at the SoundLab. Cheers!
Hello, thanks for the update. Is there any list for the bug fixes expected in 2.9?

Thanks,
Mario

Just tried the new version and I'm loving the wavetables. One question though. The 2nd osc doesn't seem to work in wavetable mode. Is this a bug or just how it works. I can understand it might be too CPU intensive, but I thought I'd check to make sure it isn't a bug.

Guys I fixed the additive osc crash will look into osc2 wavetable issue but it should work in theory :)

Osx alpha2 coming up tonite
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”