Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

SynthMaster v2.9 Beta2

atya
KVRist

155 posts since 17 Sep, 2014, from LPGC

Postby atya; Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:13 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

One more ...

If I click on any of the modulator tabs a menu with the individual mods (e.g. LFO 1..4) opens - would be nice to be able to close that menu by clicking on any of the other mod tabs.
So, say I want to use SLFO 4 and click on the SLFO tab and the menu opens but suddenly I rather want a VLFO instead - I first have to close the SLFO menu manually by either clicking on one of the choices or somewhere else on the screen. What about automatically closing any open mod menus if I click on any other tab. Hope that makes sense ...
kv331
KVRAF

5147 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:25 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

atya wrote:One more ...

If I click on any of the modulator tabs a menu with the individual mods (e.g. LFO 1..4) opens - would be nice to be able to close that menu by clicking on any of the other mod tabs.
So, say I want to use SLFO 4 and click on the SLFO tab and the menu opens but suddenly I rather want a VLFO instead - I first have to close the SLFO menu manually by either clicking on one of the choices or somewhere else on the screen. What about automatically closing any open mod menus if I click on any other tab. Hope that makes sense ...

Yes but that popup menu is controlled by the "operating system" :) anyhow, will look into how to improve the workflow. I might also add an option to go back to the previous style (all tabs displayed with < > arrows)
Works for SynthMaster
Voted "Best VST/AU Synth" by MusicRadar readers
lolilol1975
KVRist

497 posts since 6 Dec, 2015

Postby lolilol1975; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

kv331 wrote:hi guys,

I prepared a video to show off the new features in v2.9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzvlilCcyw

Fantastic !
Pretty awesome work, Bülent, congrats ! :clap: :clap: :clap:
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:05 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

lolilol1975 wrote:Fantastic !

Thank you :hug:

BTW, we started receiving crash reports, that is gonna improve our bug-fix time dramatically :party:
Works for SynthMaster
DocShay
KVRist

97 posts since 26 Feb, 2013

Postby DocShay; Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:48 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

kv331 wrote:
lolilol1975 wrote:Fantastic !

Thank you :hug:

BTW, we started receiving crash reports, that is gonna improve our bug-fix time dramatically :party:
Also I would like to add that I'm using Windows 10 x64 when I experience the crashes. It happens whether I clean install or not, like it will crash right after I install while Reaper is loading and detecting any new plugins. I can usually load it after deleting the config file in the documents folder but if I delete an instance of the plugin and reload it will crash and keep crashing until I delete the config file again.
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:19 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

DocShay wrote:
I would like to add that I'm using Windows 10 x64 when I experience the crashes. It happens whether I clean install or not, like it will crash right after I install while Reaper is loading and detecting any new plugins. I can usually load it after deleting the config file in the documents folder but if I delete an instance of the plugin and reload it will crash and keep crashing until I delete the config file again.

Well obviously something is different in your machine's config. I am working on bug fixes and hopefuly those might fix your crash as well. Our next build will be on Friday.
Works for SynthMaster
braj
KVRAF

7953 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:23 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

DocShay wrote:Also I would like to add that I'm using Windows 10 x64 when I experience the crashes. It happens whether I clean install or not, like it will crash right after I install while Reaper is loading and detecting any new plugins. I can usually load it after deleting the config file in the documents folder but if I delete an instance of the plugin and reload it will crash and keep crashing until I delete the config file again.

Triple check and make sure Synthmaster is gone completely from your machine before installing the beta, I had similar crashes with the released versions and tracked it down to SM files in my Documents folder.

Bulent, can you point out all the locations where Synthmaster may drop files? That might help in troubleshooting. I'd also consider this behavior a bug.
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:41 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

braj wrote:
Bulent, can you point out all the locations where Synthmaster may drop files? That might help in troubleshooting. I'd also consider this behavior a bug.

My Documents/Synthmaster -> this is the user specific folder for SynthMaster. Config, license key, presets, waveforms, samples etc go here.

Data Folder: This is the folder where all static data files/factory presets/skins etc go. It's usually c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster

VST Folder: This is the folder for vst dll files (windows). It's usually c:\program files\vstplugins\kv331 audio

There are also temp files under

win: c:\users\public\public documents\synthmastertemp29
mac: /users/shared/synthmastertemp29
Works for SynthMaster
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

576 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:29 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

lolilol1975 wrote:
kv331 wrote:hi guys,

I prepared a video to show off the new features in v2.9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzvlilCcyw

Fantastic !

Too nice!
braj
KVRAF

Postby braj; Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:56 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

Awesome! Is it premature to ask when this will be out of beta?
AJYoung
KVRist

189 posts since 19 Aug, 2014

Postby AJYoung; Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:00 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

So, found a not-so-fun bug. Using the Tranquil Blue skin, clicking on the "Presets" Tab will crash the DAW. Tested in Windows 10, 64-bit VST in the 64-bit versions of both FL Studio and Reaper. All the variants of the Default skin seem to work fine.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets
Greenstorm33
KVRist

208 posts since 27 Apr, 2012

Postby Greenstorm33; Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:40 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

AJYoung wrote:So, found a not-so-fun bug. Using the Tranquil Blue skin, clicking on the "Presets" Tab will crash the DAW. Tested in Windows 10, 64-bit VST in the 64-bit versions of both FL Studio and Reaper. All the variants of the Default skin seem to work fine.

Same here (FL 12.5 x64 Win10). It doesn't ask me if I want to report the crash either.
JunSev
KVRist

74 posts since 13 Sep, 2017

Postby JunSev; Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:43 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

AJYoung wrote:So, found a not-so-fun bug. Using the Tranquil Blue skin, clicking on the "Presets" Tab will crash the DAW. Tested in Windows 10, 64-bit VST in the 64-bit versions of both FL Studio and Reaper. All the variants of the Default skin seem to work fine.

I'm currently experiencing the same thing on FL with the Tranquil skin.
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:21 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

Yeah i fixed that one already. New build coming tomorrow
Works for SynthMaster
braj
KVRAF

Postby braj; Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:50 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

Greenstorm33 wrote:

Same here (FL 12.5 x64 Win10). It doesn't ask me if I want to report the crash either.

Crash reporting is Mac-only right now.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments