Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Hey all, you may know me as the creator of Mangle, a granular synth which was my first software instrument (KVR thread). I've been working on a new synth for about 2 years now, which started as an FM synth but developed into something more flexible - a polyphonic modular synth. It's called Tangle cos you'll get tangled in all the wires :) Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1grTkb9Dq0

You can grab the demo here (it's fully featured, but you can't save presets). Now this is ready, I plan to work exclusively on it and Mangle for quite some time, to really polish them to a fine shine :)

Ask any questions and I'll try to answer!

whoa, just dropping buy to say you are killing young man, killing it!

Crashes in Bitwig & Reaper when double clicked on osc out,that doesn't happen in Live

whoa, just dropping buy to say you are killing young man, killing it!
Many thanks!

I just got totally hooked on audio programming and UI stuff - this is what happens when your work and your play are the same thing... It's pretty much taken over all my time so I don't make much music any more, but doing the soundtrack for the video has kind of inspired me to start actually using the tools I make for serious music again, as they were originally intended!
Crashes in Bitwig & Reaper when double clicked on osc out,that doesn't happen in Live
On Windows or Mac? I'll go do some tests...

Win10,64bit

Looks and sounds wonderful! Sold

Very cool. Interested to see what peeps can built with it (who have a little more time & patience than me).
Had a quick play with the demo, crashed 3 times in 5min (Mac/Bitwig).

Damn. No matter how much testing you do, things always go wrong in the wild! It's really stable on my system. May I ask what version of OS X you're on?

Can I suggest that your next synth is a waveshaping/sequencing plugin called Wrangle :)

(of course now I realise I've unleashed a whole thread exploring this angle ;))

aMUSEd wrote:Can I suggest that your next synth is a waveshaping/sequencing plugin called Wrangle :)

Haha. Good one :)

aMUSEd wrote:Can I suggest that your next synth is a waveshaping/sequencing plugin called Wrangle :)
Haha, yes I realised after I decided on the name that I'm now locked into a naming scheme that may be hard to sustain :) But that's a pretty good idea!!

insane... great idea and top execution

widdershins wrote:Damn. No matter how much testing you do, things always go wrong in the wild! It's really stable on my system. May I ask what version of OS X you're on?

Instant buy, loving your work Tom :tu:
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Windows version needs some additional system components installed?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Instruments”