Common, everyday arguing about drum machines and everything that could be considered as a DM.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I could start it with "which is the best drum machine" :D

I also assigned every "layer" in Drumatic 4 to C1 so now I can use one instance of Drumatic to one drum sound. Holy crap this thing is good. Next I could do the same in Attack, to surprise myself about how Attack is maybe even better :D

Shame Xils uses that stupid copyprotection to prevent me from buying their drum machine.

Urs where's your drum machine? :x

Anyone has Softube modular thingy? Didn't that involve some drum modules too? How do they sound?
Last edited by Lejurai on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lejurai wrote:I could start it with "which is the best virtual drum machine" :D

I also assigned every "layer" in Drumatic 4 to C1 so now I can use one instance of Drumatic to one drum sound. Holy crap this thing is good. Next I could do the same in Attack, to surprise myself about how Attack is maybe even better :D

Shame Xils uses that stupid copyprotection to prevent me from buying their drum machine.

Anyone has Softube modular thingy? Didn't that involve some drum modules too? How do they sound?
Arturia has Spark. I've looked at VDM and it seems to have a pretty extensive assortment of different vintage emulations.

Lejurai wrote:I could start it with "which is the best virtual drum machine" :D

You can use soft ilok for Xils StiX though (Barely different from NI C/r protection actually, as I see it)(+ you can install it on two different computers if you choose soft ilok)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Aryaroman wrote:Arturia has Spark. I've looked at VDM and it seems to have a pretty extensive assortment of different vintage emulations.
Isn't that more like.. Sample player? Afaik you can't synthesize for example a kick from zero.
Lotuzia wrote:You can use soft ilok for Xils StiX though (Barely different from NI C/r protection actually, as I see it)(+ you can install it on two different computers if you choose soft ilok)
iLok transfer fees? Pace? No thank you. Xils could make their own control center though.

I wouldn't want to engage in another hot debate on *copy protection*, but the one plug ins I cant install anymore were made by companies ( not so small, like Tascam & Gigasampler) who .... made their own control center. I prefer by far to rely on a company that deals with a very big users base, and serves a lot of different companies. Just ime though ....
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I've been using Spark a little since I got V4, it has synthesis too.

There's an annoying bug in the MIDI mapping though. Once you switch it to the GM mapping, the kick is mapped to CC#35 instead of #36. So I have to go in and remap it whenever there's an update. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice if they fixed it. It's been around a while as I discovered the fix from doing a search after it happened to me.
Image Image Image Image

Check Microtonic and their free preset/pattern generator Paternarium - it's probably the best drum synth for experimental, idm drum sounds.

anomandaris1 wrote:Check Microtonic and their free preset/pattern generator Paternarium - it's probably the best drum synth for experimental, idm drum sounds.
Drumspillage and tremor top the list of experimental idm drum sounds. :)

masterhiggins wrote:
anomandaris1 wrote:Check Microtonic and their free preset/pattern generator Paternarium - it's probably the best drum synth for experimental, idm drum sounds.
Microtonic is good. Though I don't find much it could do, what I couldn't do in Attack.

And Tremor.. Damn. Wish it'd go on sale soon. I've played with the demo now for a few days and it's really one of a kind drum machine <3

masterhiggins wrote:
Drumspillage's demo clips sound great, but it's Mac only.
Can Tremor make similar fm sounds?

FM in Tremor relies on lfo1 which goes to audio range (was it 1024hz?). Bit poo IMO but guess it has it usages. Audio damage Axon has more FM but it hasn't got any envelopes for those (at least I haven't found any), so you have to draw them as an automation.

Though getting something in rhythm with Axon is a bit difficult :P It also doesn't help that everytime you hit the play button in your DAW, Axon starts playing the sequence from different point than last time when you hit play xD So involves lots of bouncing and dragging the loop back n forth to get it in the right place. Still I love Axon as an unique perc/bling/tic -machine ^^

Lotuzia wrote:I prefer by far to rely on a company that deals with a very big users base, and serves a lot of different companies.
True.. True.. But iLok? C'mooon..

Option for serial for long time customers would be cool with any synth :D

xoxos Bong. Best Bang for the buck. :D

Have not used anything else since it has been released. Plus his percussion synths as well. And Starcym of course.

And I have not heard anything else that convinced me to ditch Bong and I tried most Drumsynths at some time.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

I've been having a blast with the maxforlive plugin Time and Timbre from Skinnerbox. It's got great integration with Push and just got a major update for Push2.
https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/time-t ... kinnerbox/

I like Drummax by IL too.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob Papen Punch
Play it by ear

Return to “Instruments”