OPX Pro II - simply best analog emulation instrument plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a great sounding synth for sure but I like the core sound of OB-XD more. I don't use this much anymore as the gui is extremely annoying and counterintuitive. The presets are better than most synths out there also. I just wish Peter would of fixed the gui with the x64 release.

can't agree to that, ob-xd sounds like any other digital plugin to me. It doesn't sound authentic.. Nice usable freebie though for a more metallic sound when desired.

TheoM wrote:can't agree to that, ob-xd sounds like any other digital plugin to me. It doesn't sound authentic.. Nice usable freebie though for a more metallic sound when desired.
Notice I said "I like" the sound of OB-XD more which is a subjective statement

Doesn't sound authentic? :roll:

Doc Brown wrote:
TheoM wrote:can't agree to that, ob-xd sounds like any other digital plugin to me. It doesn't sound authentic.. Nice usable freebie though for a more metallic sound when desired.

and my answer was also subjective, or at least meant as such. let me alter one bit, to say, "it doesn't sound authentic, in my opinion". In other words it doesn't sound like a real oberheim analog to me. I am playing with it since i saw your first message,and i just don't agree sorry. What's the big deal? We can all use what we like.

Doc Brown wrote:

:roll: my dick is bigger than yours... blah blah blah.

listen to a comparison to arturia's sem V by sergio frias.
yeah, obxd sounds like any other "digital" plugin...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=387568&start=2265
listen to opx without effects. theres your authenticity.

OBXD - no effects 3 voice unison
https://youtu.be/glE9BjL1ABg
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Doc Brown wrote:It's a great sounding synth for sure but I like the core sound of OB-XD more. I don't use this much anymore as the gui is extremely annoying and counterintuitive. The presets are better than most synths out there also. I just wish Peter would of fixed the gui with the x64 release.
It has been quite a while since I listened to either... but I remember liking the core sound of OB-XD better as well.

OPX Pro 2 is fine sounding, but not up to the standard of more recent analog emulations such as Monark. IMO, what it has are a capable sound quality and excellent presets and that sways opinion on the synth more than the actual sound quality as an emulation.

Of course it is even longer since I owned an OB......

This actually was my first commercial synth when it was first released and i like but i have only 1 complaint is that
it doesn't work in FL Studio 10, 11, or 12 for me, it has no sound but works in cubase 4 essentials so a no go for me.
"Art is the fundamental language of expression, it piers into our souls and moves us, Music is Art...it surrounds us." - Joel Bisson

layzer wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

:roll: my dick is bigger than yours... blah blah blah.

Careful: no politics here!

TheoM wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

and my answer was also subjective, or at least meant as such. let me alter one bit, to say, "it doesn't sound authentic, in my opinion". In other words it doesn't sound like a real oberheim analog to me. I am playing with it since i saw your first message,and i just don't agree sorry. What's the big deal? We can all use what we like.
I never quite got the fuss about OB-XD either. Much too CPU demanding for what it does. Kind of lacks the "oomph" in the bottom end compared to other synths, and emulations either. I can't comment on how well it emulates the real thing, but, there are other emulations which sound better to my ears. It's nice for free, but, even then, again, it takes too much CPU for what it does IMO.

chk071 wrote:it takes too much CPU for what it does IMO.
you are the only person i know of that bitches about OBXD using too much CPU.
in this video i posted above:
one can clearly see OBXD consuming between 5-6% CPU on my 3ghz Core2 duo in savihost using 3 voice unison.
yeah, thats toooo much cpu.

Well, it takes more CPU than OP-X while not really sounding all that better or even closer to the OBX...

EvilDragon wrote:while not really sounding all that better or even closer to the OBX...
which is why its become a cult classic with a huge user base. i can always count on you to chime in with your OBX comparison to try to vilify OBXD as usual. :roll:

I think the OBXD has 0df filters, that's why it uses more CPU.

layzer wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:while not really sounding all that better or even closer to the OBX...
which is why its become a cult classic with a huge user base. i can always count on you to chime in with your OBX comparison to try to vilify OBXD as usual. :roll:
Well, sorry but it just didn't jive with me, I tried to give it a shot, I really did. If I want an authentic-sounding OBX emulation, I would always pick OP-X, and if I wanted an even more accurate and authentic OBX filter sound, there's Uhbie in Diva, which does chomp even more CPU, but it sounds so much better than either OP-X or OBXD.

"Cult classic with a huge user base", to me that sounds like Synth1, not OBXD :)

...speaking off obxd,here is my remake of AxelF ,i used obxd for all lead/pad/stab sounds:

https://soundcloud.com/sergiofrias/axel ... s_raw_demo
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Return to “Instruments”