OPX Pro II - simply best analog emulation instrument plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Same here. After getting OPX Pro II had no interest in an competitors.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Great synth for sure, but man I wish they'd simplify some of the more advanced controls. All the "if light = on, then this button = other thing OR this knob = unlisted thing" commands, they are very hard to keep straight!! Hopefully a future update will smooth this stuff out.

Otherwise, great synth.

-M

mholloway wrote:Great synth for sure, but man I wish they'd simplify some of the more advanced controls. All the "if light = on, then this button = other thing OR this knob = unlisted thing" commands, they are very hard to keep straight!! Hopefully a future update will smooth this stuff out.

Otherwise, great synth.

-M
Well Pro II is the second expanded revision of the original OP-X which is a straightforward OB-X emulation. What you probably want is to see the original and more simple OP-X ported to 64bit like OP-X Pro II was. It shouldn't be too hard since they're using the exact same synth engine under the hood.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

mholloway wrote:Great synth for sure, but man I wish they'd simplify some of the more advanced controls. All the "if light = on, then this button = other thing OR this knob = unlisted thing" commands, they are very hard to keep straight!! Hopefully a future update will smooth this stuff out.

Otherwise, great synth.

-M
Well Pro II is the second expanded revision of the original OP-X which is a straightforward OB-X emulation. What you probably want is to see the original and more simple OP-X ported to 64bit like OP-X Pro II was. It shouldn't be too hard since they're using the exact same synth engine under the hood. Probably nothing more than a rebuilt GUI with less buttons and less options.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I had the Reaktor ensemble for years but somehow forgotten it.
Now I have upgraded toe the new OPX Pro II.
Boy what an awesome synth that is.
I really love it.

quantum7 wrote:Love OP-X Pro II!!!! Tried the Arturia SEM and was not impressed whatsoever.
Well the SEM emulates SEM modules. Wich are very different vs latest OB polyphonic monsters.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

tapper mike wrote:Same here. After getting OPX Pro II had no interest in an competitors.
+1

Why go out for a hamburger, when you can have steak at home

johnrule wrote:
waltercruz wrote:How does the Arturia Oberheims (Matrix-12 and SEM-V) compares against OPX-Pro II?
lol I was just doing that because of this thread.

The SEM is really good imo. Some of the presets immediately reminded me of my OPX Pro II. I think the SEM sounds just a little bit better in terms of the VA (almost like how U-he's oscs make your jaw drop at times), but not by much.

The real value to me in OPX is all of the quality presets you get. And, in a recording (unless you were listening really hard for it) I would say OPX can stand up to SEM just fine. So, OPX sounds (almost) as fantastic as SEM, but you get more value in all those presets. It's all good, and worth the $$. Get everything ;-)

I wasn't crazy about the Matrix 12 tbh. That synth seems to be more about showing off the modulation (which seems to be formidable) than great song presets like OPX. I was so disenchanted with the M12 that I don't even recall how the oscs sounded. Don't let me put you off though. I may have missed something. I like more musical presets than bleeping, droning, screaming, sequence/trance stuff.

You know, I tried to talk about this way back when, but the fanbois don't want to hear it.

The M12 was awesome as an analog synth because there were no other poly analog synths that had that kind of modulation or that crazy multimode filter. But it was never a straightforward analog beast like the MemoryMoog because of those very same filters and the somewhat sloshy software envelopes.

Here's the thing though, as wild as that modulation is for an actual analog synth, it's pretty tame for a modern plugin. In fact, it's kind of a so what. There are any number of synths that have serial filters that are multimode and can do a very good job of emulating the basic sound that you get from the M12 filters. Vacuum Pro and Synthmaster to name a couple. Retrologue 2 has similar (if not identical, I haven't checked) modes, most importantly, the AP+LP6 mode.

I do use it from time to time, but I hate programming it. The interface does not map to a computer like it maps to real hardware.

Return to “Instruments”