New xils lab synth coming...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

XILS lab newsletter,
"Another new rare analog emulation in the pipeline !

During the last months we analysed the circuitry, measured tons of curves and signals and even repaired an old venerable and legendary analog monster, while creating new algorithms, continuously and patiently adapting and enhancing them and comparing the result to the real thing.

As you can hear in the following A/B examples, the results fulfil Xils-lab quality policy highest expectation (only a few voices of the sleeping monster were fully repaired, and to be fully working on stage, the unit would need dozens of additional work hours, so one can also see why a virtual version ... could be useful, or essential) :

Compare1_ST
Compare2_ST
Compare3_SQ
Compare4_SQ
Compare5_SQ
Compare6_SQ
Only rough samples, not real presets of course at this stage of development, but more comparisons, details and audio clips will come soon !

So, for those who have not guessed the synth at once : Keep tuned and wait for the summer end."

A new Xils synth is always something to look forward too :)

I just had very short listen at the audio examples. Sounds like a vintage string synth without the usual chorus/delay effects..? I might be completely wrong though as my mind and ears are mostly into 8-bit chip music (trackers) kind of sounds lately :oops:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

DFoisie wrote:XAnother new rare analog emulation in the pipeline !
Who would have thought. :D Each to his like, but doesn't "rare" also implicate that there hasn't been too much interest in the original synth? So, basically, as a developer, you will aim at a small target audience that way. I mean, the guy's gotta know, but, to me, that seems a bit counterproductive. Considering that people are very much into popular classic synths, not the rare ones.

Why dont they just release a product instead of making sure ppl spam forums for months first :roll:

chk071 wrote:
Who would have thought. :D Each to his like, but doesn't "rare" also implicate that there hasn't been too much interest in the original synth?
Or it was perhaps too expensive or not mainstream enough for its time.. Doesn't have to mean that it was utter crap :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

AnX wrote:Why dont they just release a product instead of making sure ppl spam forums for months first :roll:
Well, that's marketing. Everyone does it like that these days. Tease -> produce interest -> throw the people some nibbles -> let people talk their b***s off, and spread the word -> finally release the product.
Last edited by chk071 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nielzie wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Who would have thought. :D Each to his like, but doesn't "rare" also implicate that there hasn't been too much interest in the original synth?
Or it was perhaps too expensive or not mainstream enough for its time.. Doesn't have to mean that it was utter crap :D
You're right. But who will remember, or will still be interested in it after all that time then anyway?

If Xavier is behind it who cares what synth it is because it'll be good.

chk071 wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
chk071 wrote:
You're right. But who will remember, or will still be interested in it after all that time then anyway?
I think most people would still be interested in, for example, a high quality CS80 emulation, despite the fact that they are rare.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Doc Brown wrote:If Xavier is behind it who cares what synth it is because it'll be good.
+1
A well-behaved signature.

Okay, so does anybody know what the synth is?

AnX wrote:Why dont they just release a product instead of making sure ppl spam forums for months first :roll:
You should ask they development people at Behringer about that :D

deastman wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
chk071 wrote:
I think most people would still be interested in, for example, a high quality CS80 emulation, despite the fact that they are rare.
The history of XILS Lab tells me it won't be such a popular synth. :P

wagtunes wrote:Okay, so does anybody know what the synth is?
I'm going to stick my neck out, and have a wild guess at Polymoog. Listening to those A/Bs.. anyone agree with me... analog drift, but perfect octaves? (the Polymoog is a "divide down" architecture, plus it has Sawtooth, Square and "mixed").
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

I pray they are gonna do a SyrinXils

A synth that has begged to be emulated for ages :pray:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/synton_syrinx.php

Return to “Instruments”