New xils lab synth coming...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are still a bunch of polyphonic and/or paraphonic analog synths that had no emulations yet (or no proper one):

- SCI Prophet 600
- SCI Prophet T8
- Roland Jupiter-4
- Yamaha CS-70M
- Yamaha CS-60
- Yamaha CS-50
- Oberheim OB-8
- Oberheim OB-Xa
- Oberheim OB-SX
- Oberheim Matrix 6 (+ Matrix 1000)
- Marion Prosynth (by Tom Oberheim)
- ARP Quadra
- ARP Omni v1 and v2
- ARP Quartet
- Moog Memorymoog
- Moog Polymoog
- Korg Poly-61
- Korg PS-3100
- Korg PS-3200
- Korg PS-3300
- Rhodes Chroma
- Rhodes Chroma Polaris
- Hammond Novachord
- Siel Opera 6
- Siel DK70
- Siel DK80
- Siel DK700
- Siel DK600
- Siel Cruise
- Siel Orchestra
- Siel Orchestra 2
- Crumar Bit 99
- Crumar Bit 01
- Crumar Performer
- Crumar Orchestrator
- Crumar Multiman-S
- Akai AX80
- Akai AX73
- Akai AX60
- Akai VX90
- Akai VX600
- Elka EK-22

...and several more that i might forgot about

FWIW i do not really see Memorymoon as a really proper Memorymoog emulation...
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: - Oberheim OB-8
- Oberheim OB-Xa
Aren't the OB-8 and OB-Xa pretty close to the OB-X? (which was emulated by the OP-X vst)

Same goes for Polymoog and Memorymoog. They might be pretty close sounding to the already pretty well emulated Minimoog (by several vst's)?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:
- Oberheim OB-Xa
Aren't the OB-8 and OB-Xa pretty close to the OB-X? (which was emulated by the OP-X vst)
OB-X used discrete SEM style filters while OB-8 and OB-Xa used CEM chips and there are also a few other differnces. Also the Oscs etc. in OB-8/Xa were based on CEM chips (CEM3340 for the VCOs).
OB-Xa for each voice even seemed to have two CEM filter chips for the 12dB and 24dB filter modes. This means for 8 voices it contained 16 CEM3320 chips (8 in the OB-8 while it seemed to have both 12dB and 24dB filter modes too).
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
- Oberheim OB-Xa

Same goes for Polymoog and Memorymoog. They might be pretty close sounding to the already pretty well emulated Minimoog?
2Dat/DiscoDSP Obxd emulates the OB-X, Sonicprojects OP-X Pro II does the OB-Xa. Not sure what differences are in the OB-8 but it belongs in the same family from Oberheim.
OP_X and OP-X Pro II is based on OB-X, not OB-Xa/OB-8 while it adds some advanced features.

There is NO emulation yet that emulates the CEM chips in OB-8/OB-Xa while the Prophet 5 used comparable or even similar chips even if the final circuits could still sound diffeernt.
Ingo Weidner

Back in the day, I couldn't tell the difference between on OB and another. They all sounded the same.

Good luck splitting hairs on this one. I doubt anybody but fanatical obsessed purists will care.

Ingonator wrote:There are still a bunch of polyphonic and/or paraphonic analog synths that had no emulations yet (or no proper one):

...and several more that i might forgot about
Impressive list. Could be added :

Octave Plateau Voyetra 8
Casio Ht3000/6000
the second Marion System synthesizer

etc etc.

Otoh, the synth might have been mentioned already in this thread. (And actually, it has iirc)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

egbert101 wrote: A few other emulations missing:
I wanted to give choices that might fit to the new Xils Lab synth or give options for future projects...
Ingo Weidner

Casio HT3000 and Korg Poly 61 have the most hideous editing. Set values that suck big fat balls.

ie Res 1-7..

Ive had both, and my kids still use the HT sometimes :hihi:

Either way, most of those listed are way too common :wink:

<delete>

Lotuzia wrote:Impressive list. Could be added :

Octave Plateau Voyetra 8
Maybe you have inside information?

<delete>

egbert101 wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
egbert101 wrote: A few other emulations missing:
I wanted to give choices that might fit to the new Xils Lab synth or give options for future projects...
I think I'll start a new thread then. :hihi:
If i list all synths that had no proper emulation yet or that had an emulation that was discotinued or never fully finished (e.g. SQ-8L) this would be a very long one i guess...
Ingo Weidner

To walk on a forgotten path, my wish would be the emulation of a complex organ, like the Yamaha D-85 or something in that type...

It would be awesome!

And very original !

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”