Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
User avatar
matteogk
KVRist
 
178 posts since 23 Feb, 2011, from Norway

Postby matteogk; Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:23 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Sorry, but... no spikes, no issues at all here... (win7, i7, 32 gb ram, RME PCIe card)
Am I lucky, or are there too many systems/configurations/drivers for all of us?
This synth works like a breeze here, and sounds magnificent, and it's an endless joy to program it too.
Razzia
KVRist
 
76 posts since 21 May, 2016

Postby Razzia; Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:52 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

matteogk wrote:Sorry, but... no spikes, no issues at all here... (win7, i7, 32 gb ram, RME PCIe card)
Am I lucky, or are there too many systems/configurations/drivers for all of us?
This synth works like a breeze here, and sounds magnificent, and it's an endless joy to program it too.

Seems like currently it gets along best with Win 7 and Win 10. I've got a dedicated production machine on Win 10 with similar specs to yours. Avenger runs smooth with only minor occasional glitches (as I pointed out before - usually related to duplicating or copy and pasting an instance in Live). I do feel it's lost a smidge of stability for me in some recent updates, but it's still 98% reliable.
Magnut
KVRer
 
2 posts since 14 Mar, 2017

Postby Magnut; Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:08 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

I'm very glad I tested Avenger first. Some questions: 1) Does anyone else have a massive higher cpu & gpu consumption when opening 2 or more editor windows? Turning knobs in one instance sometimes leads also to radical framedrops in the other editor windows. 2) There seem to be some inaccuracies. When playing the init preset of 2 or more instances simultaneously phasing occurs even if the phase is set to a specific value and not to random. I expect it to sound the same every time. 3) Not a question directly to the plugin but regarding the expansions. Why does for example the FUNKY HOUSE expansion costs as much as the PSY one but only has half of the content?

Small bug: init preset has the volume fader of OSC 2-4 at 0% and in general there is no value in the readout when moving them (same for the drum volume fader and amplifiers). Why does the drums volume fader measure in dB but the OSC in percent?

Another bug: clicking outside the editor window does not close an opened context menu.
User avatar
jacqueslacouth
KVRian
 
579 posts since 17 Nov, 2004

Postby jacqueslacouth; Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:09 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Quick question (couldn't find the answer on the site), if I purchase Avenger, do I need to uninstal the Demo version first or is it just an authorisation?

cheers

Jock
Hanz Meyzer
KVRist
 
438 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:56 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Stop the Bullshit talk and accept the fact that the Mac version produces quite heavy cpu spikes, and therefore is not usable as a multi instance workstation vst. This is maybe dependent on the patch. For example the wave table oscillator.

I also doubt that it is so different on Windows.

Posting here how good it performs on your unique pc and assuming people like me have no clue won't help anybody of the users.
Hanz Meyzer™ - Burning Synthwave / 80s Retro Pop on Soundcloud and on Bandcamp
sircuit
KVRist
 
125 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:08 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

jacqueslacouth wrote:Quick question (couldn't find the answer on the site), if I purchase Avenger, do I need to uninstal the Demo version first or is it just an authorisation?

cheers

Jock


After purchase you will receive the instructions on how to use your register.vps-avenger.com account to download the complete factory pack, keyfile and installer. No need to uninstall demo, just install the new version over then import from desktop factory and key file license.
MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS _ ♫Logic Pro X
Razzia
KVRist
 
76 posts since 21 May, 2016

Postby Razzia; Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:43 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

edit - never mind
Ryan99
KVRist
 
326 posts since 29 Nov, 2011

Postby Ryan99; Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:26 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Stop the Bullshit talk and accept the fact that the Mac version produces quite heavy cpu spikes, and therefore is not usable as a multi instance workstation vst. This is maybe dependent on the patch. For example the wave table oscillator.

I also doubt that it is so different on Windows.

Posting here how good it performs on your unique pc and assuming people like me have no clue won't help anybody of the users.


I don't think that using offensive language will help anybody here, certainly not you....
Razzia
KVRist
 
76 posts since 21 May, 2016

Postby Razzia; Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:38 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Am I missing something - is it possible to modify the retrigger/non-retrigger state of pitch, amp and filter envelopes while in legato? That's pretty essential for certain sound design.

Edit: Actually, since you can change the trigger properties of mod envelopes, it might be able to work around this in most instances.
User avatar
ansolas
KVRist
 
111 posts since 16 Feb, 2010, from Germany

Postby ansolas; Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:14 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

EnochLight wrote:
ansolas wrote:Anyone else get CPU Spikes when tweaking the orcs partials like shown here, please.

I have macOS 10.12.2 and I have tested it under Logic X and Maschine, both latest version :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riWPxJf6 ... e=youtu.be

just curious


I'm on Windows 10 and Studio one 3.3.x. The most it seems to spike is about 10-15% max.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpfAxfhe8s

under windows 10 I don't have any spikes at all, it is just macOS.
It's is that serious there that even Playback stops :)
Maschine Studio
OS X / macOS / Win10
Coockie1176ln
KVRian
 
1027 posts since 29 Jun, 2015

Postby Coockie1176ln; Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:27 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

On my computer avengers visual feedback is quite random and inaccurate represented.
Anyone more having this issue on visual feedback?

(video illustrating what i mean)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3KpDg ... e=youtu.be
Magnut
KVRer
 
2 posts since 14 Mar, 2017

Postby Magnut; Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:45 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Coockie1176ln wrote:On my computer avengers visual feedback is quite random and inaccurate represented.
Anyone more having this issue on visual feedback?

Yes and as I wrote in my first post this inaccuracy occurs in processing too. I really hope this is just a bug and not the developers way of optimizing the cpu consumption.
Coockie1176ln
KVRian
 
1027 posts since 29 Jun, 2015

Postby Coockie1176ln; Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:56 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Magnut wrote:
Coockie1176ln wrote:On my computer avengers visual feedback is quite random and inaccurate represented.
Anyone more having this issue on visual feedback?

Yes and as I wrote in my first post this inaccuracy occurs in processing too. I really hope this is just a bug and not the developers way of optimizing the cpu consumption.

Couldnt agree more. Will send this video to them later.
User avatar
msvs
KVRian
 
638 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby msvs; Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

may have something to do with the timings.
Assuming you have a short filter envelope (dacay with curve), the peak of this curve may have just 5ms or 6 ms in duration. On a 30hz screen, thats not enough that there is a full frame happening in this small time window. If I have calculated correctly, you only have 1 frame after every 33 ms (1000ms = 1s (30Frames))
Make the decay slow and linear, and you will see, that it will be correct then.
If you would use a 120hz TFT the "problem" should be very much less there.
Talk to Rene tomorrow to see, if there is anything which can be done about that.
Hanz Meyzer
KVRist
 
438 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:14 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Hanz Meyzer™ - Burning Synthwave / 80s Retro Pop on Soundcloud and on Bandcamp
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments