Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

608 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:56 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Stop the Bullshit talk and accept the fact that the Mac version produces quite heavy cpu spikes, and therefore is not usable as a multi instance workstation vst. This is maybe dependent on the patch. For example the wave table oscillator.

I also doubt that it is so different on Windows.

Posting here how good it performs on your unique pc and assuming people like me have no clue won't help anybody of the users.
sircuit
KVRist

261 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:08 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

jacqueslacouth wrote:Quick question (couldn't find the answer on the site), if I purchase Avenger, do I need to uninstal the Demo version first or is it just an authorisation?

cheers

Jock

After purchase you will receive the instructions on how to use your register.vps-avenger.com account to download the complete factory pack, keyfile and installer. No need to uninstall demo, just install the new version over then import from desktop factory and key file license.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
Razzia
KVRist

94 posts since 21 May, 2016

Postby Razzia; Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:43 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

edit - never mind
Ryan99
KVRian

503 posts since 29 Nov, 2011

Postby Ryan99; Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:26 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Stop the Bullshit talk and accept the fact that the Mac version produces quite heavy cpu spikes, and therefore is not usable as a multi instance workstation vst. This is maybe dependent on the patch. For example the wave table oscillator.

I also doubt that it is so different on Windows.

Posting here how good it performs on your unique pc and assuming people like me have no clue won't help anybody of the users.

I don't think that using offensive language will help anybody here, certainly not you....
Razzia
KVRist

94 posts since 21 May, 2016

Postby Razzia; Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:38 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Am I missing something - is it possible to modify the retrigger/non-retrigger state of pitch, amp and filter envelopes while in legato? That's pretty essential for certain sound design.

Edit: Actually, since you can change the trigger properties of mod envelopes, it might be able to work around this in most instances.
ansolas
KVRist

144 posts since 16 Feb, 2010, from Germany

Postby ansolas; Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:14 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

EnochLight wrote:
ansolas wrote:Anyone else get CPU Spikes when tweaking the orcs partials like shown here, please.

I have macOS 10.12.2 and I have tested it under Logic X and Maschine, both latest version :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riWPxJf6 ... e=youtu.be

just curious

I'm on Windows 10 and Studio one 3.3.x. The most it seems to spike is about 10-15% max.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpfAxfhe8s

under windows 10 I don't have any spikes at all, it is just macOS.
It's is that serious there that even Playback stops :)
Maschine Studio
OS X / macOS / Win10
–– -
http://ansolas.com/about
Coockie1176ln
KVRian

1119 posts since 29 Jun, 2015

Postby Coockie1176ln; Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:27 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

On my computer avengers visual feedback is quite random and inaccurate represented.
Anyone more having this issue on visual feedback?

(video illustrating what i mean)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ3KpDg ... e=youtu.be
Magnut
KVRer

20 posts since 14 Mar, 2017

Postby Magnut; Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:45 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Coockie1176ln wrote:On my computer avengers visual feedback is quite random and inaccurate represented.

Yes and as I wrote in my first post this inaccuracy occurs in processing too. I really hope this is just a bug and not the developers way of optimizing the cpu consumption.
Coockie1176ln
KVRian

Postby Coockie1176ln; Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:56 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Magnut wrote:
Coockie1176ln wrote:On my computer avengers visual feedback is quite random and inaccurate represented.

Yes and as I wrote in my first post this inaccuracy occurs in processing too. I really hope this is just a bug and not the developers way of optimizing the cpu consumption.

Couldnt agree more. Will send this video to them later.
msvs
KVRian

950 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby msvs; Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

may have something to do with the timings.
Assuming you have a short filter envelope (dacay with curve), the peak of this curve may have just 5ms or 6 ms in duration. On a 30hz screen, thats not enough that there is a full frame happening in this small time window. If I have calculated correctly, you only have 1 frame after every 33 ms (1000ms = 1s (30Frames))
Make the decay slow and linear, and you will see, that it will be correct then.
If you would use a 120hz TFT the "problem" should be very much less there.
Talk to Rene tomorrow to see, if there is anything which can be done about that.
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

608 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:14 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Coockie1176ln
KVRian

Postby Coockie1176ln; Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

msvs wrote:may have something to do with the timings.
Assuming you have a short filter envelope (dacay with curve), the peak of this curve may have just 5ms or 6 ms in duration. On a 30hz screen, thats not enough that there is a full frame happening in this small time window. If I have calculated correctly, you only have 1 frame after every 33 ms (1000ms = 1s (30Frames))
Make the decay slow and linear, and you will see, that it will be correct then.
If you would use a 120hz TFT the "problem" should be very much less there.
Talk to Rene tomorrow to see, if there is anything which can be done about that.

144 hz gaming monitor 2411t from benq im running on.
But i think i run at 60 hz only because i dont run on the dvi. the dvi not working. But that
should still represent pretty accurate and not display different value with lfo. Should represent something more human, my ears hear it go to 100 percent but the screen says nah. I emailed rene today but yeah talk to him and see if it can be done something.
msvs
KVRian

950 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby msvs; Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:16 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

of course it goes to 100%. You ears can hear even the smallest milliseconds. But your TFT cant display this!
Like I said, 1 frame each 33ms. Thats the grid. On 60hz its 16ms. Still not fine enough to display an envelope which is shorter than that. Physics
Last edited by msvs on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ansolas
KVRist

144 posts since 16 Feb, 2010, from Germany

Postby ansolas; Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:18 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

just use you ears to tweak the sound not the visuals :)
Maschine Studio
OS X / macOS / Win10
–– -
http://ansolas.com/about
Coockie1176ln
KVRian

Postby Coockie1176ln; Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:23 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

msvs wrote:of course it goes to 100%. You ears can hear even the smallest milliseconds. But your TFT cant display this!
Like I said, 1 frame each 33ms. Thats the grid. On 60hz its 16ms. Still not fine enough to display an envelope which is shorter than that. Physics

How about the lfo displays different on each new cycle?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments