Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

"GlitchyBitchy"
:D
I ask me if Avenger still is a gpu/cpu glitch bitch.
Have to test it again someday.
Looks like some great updates on a regulary base.
Nice.

Seems like I'll be loving it! I guess the space for the doubled parameters density, grain size and rnd. pos will be used in a way that makes better use of the space on the final GUI?
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

magickalmutagen wrote:
darksynth wrote:are you guys familiar with the designer @ plugmon.org ?
he has done awesome skins for u-he synths, complete workflow re-design not just basic cosmetic changes, truly impressive designs, maybe we can commission him for a skin design? what do you think? please check out his work. I am saying this because thanks to Awesomeness of Vengeance it is skinnable , so wanted to recommend this great designer.
It sounds like a great idea, but with Vengeance-Sound having recently paid for a SatyaTunes skin, I'm not sure how likely they'd want to commision another skin right now. I've also seen the Plugmon skins and think they'd do a fantastic job if given the incentive to. Definitley worth keeping these guys in mind. I'd love to see their take on Avenger's look as the two skins included as of right now, are good, just not great.
I might be the odd man out, but I don't care for the Avenger SatyaTunes skin at all. And it's not that I don't like his work - the sT_Harbor_Blue skin for Dune 2 is a work of art. I just don't like his Avenger skin - I actually prefer the default. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

so lovely! again i hope this will have all geanular abilities (random glide!!!) like alchemy and maybe surpass it. the engine is the most inportant thing!!!

would love to try some drones out.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

from usability perspective, it might be better if move the Modulation Matrix to the Left Column of the UI, to be come more prominently visible, so that all the source/destinations can be viewed at-a-glance, instead of the current cramped one

its already planned that the mod matrix gets a button to expand/shrink in one of the next updates

is Avenger multi-timbral ? is it possible to divide the keyboard into two zones with different patches?

you can divide each OSC on its individual zone on the keyboard
there are also 16 sub outputs

msvs wrote:its already planned that the mod matrix gets a button to expand/shrink in one of the next updates
As suggested by darksynth, you might want to consider something like in this Photoshop edit:

As seen in the image, the matrix has been moved to the left-hand side of the interface. The benefits over an expandable matrix are:
  • Matrix is always large, no need to toggle to expand. Expanding the matrix would mean having to cover (make inoperable) another part of the UI, making that part unusable (similar to the filters behind the shaper's temporary expanded view). The less tab switching / UI toggling the better.
  • LFOs are now visible when editing the matrix.
  • It is less likely the user will need to switch tabs than when the matrix is placed on the right (with the LFOs grouped with it): the left tabs (besides Files) are mostly used when loading/saving presets so the Matrix tab could remain open almost always, as for the majority of the time the user would be tweaking the sound, rather than loading new samples via Files.
  • (Subjectively) looks better with the matrix inline with the OSC section.
The negatives are:
  • When little modulation routing is used, more of the UI is not utilised, though the user could simply have the Files tab open instead for example.
  • Others?
Last edited by magickalmutagen on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

Any support mail or something?? Unreal to use Avenger in Reaper 5 on macOS (10.12.5). Reaper crashed everytime after I re-open Avenger on channel (AU/VST).
But it's work perfect on PC + Reaper 5 , macOS + Ableton 9

Since I was in Photoshop, I wanted to try my hand at a minimal performance/preset-player mode mockup. This is what I came up with:

Aside from the boiled down UI with the macros and wheels on the right, toggling between the mode and the default layout would be done via clicking the small "P" in the top left. Not sure how useful people would find it, but if nothing else, it'd free up a lot more of the screen without changing the UI scaling (which kinda makes the text unreadable for me). At least one issue with this design is that the magnifying glass next to "CAT" in the Content tab would not be usable as it extends into the FX area normally. I think this type of mode has been asked for before, at least now it might inspire something to come of it as one can see what it could be like.

Hi guys!
I'm working on an expansion for VPS Avenger, coming this summer. The EXP brings you a palette of well designed patches for genres like Trance, Progressive and Ambient. Of course you can use it for other music styles, too.
Currently the library includes 72 patches, of which 10 are very elaborate sequences. When finished, it will include about over 100 patches, 16 drumkits and many arps. Maybe there will be some sounds with granular synthesis, if the pack is not released to soon. :)
In the meantime i would like to introduce you 3 patches and upload a sound demo soon.

Kind regards,
Marcel

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/MjTOufJ1/file.html

magickalmutagen wrote:
As suggested by darksynth, you might want to consider something like in this Photoshop edit:

I prefer the modulation matrix to be displayed on the main screen (slightly larger than shown in the image) for better parameter handling.
Last edited by goleat on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D P

goleat wrote:Image

I prefer the modulation matrix to be displayed on the main screen (slightly larger than shown in the image) for better parameter handling.
Agreed. A larger mod matrix in the main screen is much easier to work with. It's too important to make small.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Instruments”