VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I want to develop this slightly.

I don't believe in Notes any more.

Only Tones with a Pitch value.

The concept of static Notes that, say, Beethoven wrote for specific instruments in a score, is a dead paradigm.

What is a "specific instrument" anymore? :?

Today, Tone has to move as effortlessly as Pitch.

And ordinary synths struggle to do this satisfactorily.

Or as my secret musical self might say:

"If it don't move, then it don't groove" :hihi:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Last edited by darksynth on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darksynth wrote:
mike_the_ranger wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:There is just too much going on with this program,to the point where not having the option to view different portions with different pages,is ridiculous.
I cannot work effectively and efficiently this way,so this is a total deal breaker for me.Besides which,an all-in-one workstation synth is fantastic,if one is just starting out and does not have much else to work with(but since I have a plethora of other synth VST's & such)...the Avenger VST is just overkill for me anyway
I have to say I agree to a certain degree. I thought I am the only one, but to me it feels like using avenger for bread & butter sounds is overkill. For example if I just want a supersaw, 90% of its controls are unused and unnecessary. i'd rather use a more lightweighted plugin with a non-cluttered ui for that kind of sounds. So it is meant to make crazy modulated funky stuff with it.

Feature Request: a New Skin with a Tabbed Layout

one tab for Osc + LFO + ENV
one tab for Sequencer
one tab for Mod Matrix
one tab for Preset Browser
one tab for Settings

one tab for Overview/Summary

It's almost end of the summer ,what's up with the update?

kevvvvv wrote:I want to develop this slightly.

I don't believe in Notes any more.

Only Tones with a Pitch value.

The concept of static Notes that, say, Beethoven wrote for specific instruments in a score, is a dead paradigm.

What is a "specific instrument" anymore? :?
You want your work performed? You damn well better notate the shit out of it. And flow comes from the musician and their interpretation of what you wrote down right? Being the composer and musician at the same time means some part of that is gonna suffer, because you only have so much time to give and no man alive can do it all alone. I mean notation aint there to oppress you man, shit's helpful as f*ck.

Lets dance wrote:It's almost end of the summer ,what's up with the update?
Huh? Summer began June 21. It's not even 1/3 done, LOL!!! That said, it would be great to get an update from msvs. There was supposed to be teaser videos some time ago.. :dog: :roll:

:lol: :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I prefer the developer to take all summer (including autumn) to get the granular synthesis mode in good condition, instead of delaying 5 years as U-he to "prolong" the development of Zebra 3. :oops:

goleat wrote:
I prefer the developer to take all summer (including autumn) to get the granular synthesis mode in good condition, instead of delaying 5 years as U-he to "prolong" the development of Zebra 3. :oops:
Yep
I know what u r meaning.
Please no bugs. :ud:

delete

Armigibbon
You want your work performed? You damn well better notate the shit out of it. And flow comes from the musician and their interpretation of what you wrote down right? Being the composer and musician at the same time means some part of that is gonna suffer, because you only have so much time to give and no man alive can do it all alone. I mean notation aint there to oppress you man, shit's helpful as f*ck.
Sorry, I mustn't have expressed myself very well. My bad.

I read as good as the next muso, since forever.

But having scores played back by musicians who can read dots is becoming less important than it was.

Because dots don't explain the sound.

Dots only tell pitch.

The performer/director works out the rest.

If I gave you a score for an Avenger track, you'd still never really know how it's meant to sound - unless I included the presets, the automation tracks, the quirky arp settings, the delay feedback on an important snare, the wobble, etc, and an mp3.

Music notation can only say "play these notes on a saw tooth sound".

It doesn't explain how to use a production suite like, say, Avenger and Studio One to achieve the whole sound.

I'm bored with dots and cheap synths :wink:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:Armigibbon

If I gave you a score for an Avenger track, you'd still never really know how it's meant to sound - unless I included the presets, the automation tracks, the quirky arp settings, the delay feedback on an important snare, the wobble, etc, and an mp3.

Music notation can only say "play these notes on a saw tooth sound".

It doesn't explain how to use a production suite like, say, Avenger and Studio One to achieve the whole sound.

I'm bored with dots and cheap synths :wink:
I'm surprised that there is not yet any notation for automations, LFO's, etc, in the current musical notation (or am I wrong?)

Obviously some will tell me that the standard MIDI and other tools are really to fill that space that classical musical notation is still reluctant to include.

But compositing methods are rapidly advancing (manipulation of synthesizers, samples, automations from the last 40 years) and sooner or later a change will have to be made.

Sorry if I misrepresented the thread.

How long is this current sale for? and has it been cheaper than 20% off? Black Friday? Thanks.

ist around 1 week left
and no, we never have bigger %% than 20%

Aww... I really want it but its too much for me this month lol! You guys really really need to add a subscription a la serum and sylenth. $10 a month and you own it after its paid off. Please please please!!!

I'd really like a rent-to-own subscription model as well... We can hope!

Return to “Instruments”