Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
jstorerjet
KVRist

33 posts since 5 Oct, 2009

Postby jstorerjet; Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:33 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

msvs wrote:
in fairness it is getting kind of ridiculous how big the developer time line is swinging back and forth. From days to weeks to who knows if ever.....for how close it looks I'm guessing he found a show stopping bug or 5 that are making life difficult. I don't really see the point of showing teaser videos if one has zero idea as to release

posts like this spoil the party for me of being here a bit. Its done when its done. Granular is finished since a long time but we have minor things to fix and we (Rene) was on holiday 2 weeks long. Furthermore we added more features (midi export) for this update.

So before someone asks again when it comes out, I say a bigger timeframe: sometime between 2017 to 2027
better? :)

No, not better, it just shows you don't know how to properly estimate development time. Software development isn't particularly a party, this I know. Snarky answers don't help anything either. If you only want rainbows and sunshine maybe you should start your own forum so you can ban any naysayers?
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

13065 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:35 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Herb tea helps.
jstorerjet
KVRist

33 posts since 5 Oct, 2009

Postby jstorerjet; Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Herbs make the world go round. Maybe add an 'order herbs' button to Avenger.
100tifiko
KVRer

7 posts since 28 Jun, 2017

Postby 100tifiko; Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:26 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

"btw is planned our our next bigger synthesis module. More soon"

I hope you are talking about making wavetables using two shapes that would great thank you for answering our questions :party:
Bathrobe
KVRist

287 posts since 10 Oct, 2011

Postby Bathrobe; Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:03 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

please don´t mind the weird voices.
I bet he does not even have the full version.
You can´t comfort everyone. You don´t give any information people are pissed.
You give them some infos and some are gonna be pissed too.

I´m glad for any info. Avenger is awesome and i would like to thank you for being here.
izonin
KVRian

1064 posts since 27 Oct, 2009

Postby izonin; Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:50 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

msvs is a talented sound designer. There's also a certain dose of arrogance in his posts. I'm only allowing myself to say this 'cause I've been on this forum for a couple of years longer than him.

Being humble will get you more sales. Urs is the master in this respect. ;)
woodsdenis
KVRian

1351 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby woodsdenis; Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:30 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

izonin wrote:msvs is a talented sound designer. There's also a certain dose of arrogance in his posts. I'm only allowing myself to say this 'cause I've been on this forum for a couple of years longer than him.

Being humble will get you more sales. Urs is the master in this respect. ;)

Sorry totally disagree, Manuel has been informative polite despite other posters basically feeling entitled to say anything they want to him. Agreed the Urs is the master but has been known to up the ante when necessary. :D The synth will be ready when it is ready , simple . We are not talking Slate like delays here ffs.
Mac Pro
10.12.4 Digi 96 io
Cubase 9, Ableton Live 9.7, Bitwig 1.3
Trancit
KVRian

1194 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Postby Trancit; Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

woodsdenis wrote:Sorry totally disagree, Manuel has been informative polite despite other posters basically feeling entitled to say anything they want to him. Agreed the Urs is the master but has been known to up the ante when necessary. :D The synth will be ready when it is ready , simple . We are not talking Slate like delays here ffs.

+1 and by the way I personaly like to hear the truth forthright ... and big respect for an outstanding product, which speaks for itself... in features, price and support :tu:
DrGonzo
KVRAF

1876 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from A Swede Living in Budapest

Postby DrGonzo; Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:55 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Not specifically talking about Avenger, but this is hole that the developers themselves dug and jumped into. If you talk about upcoming features, you are doing marketing for something that is not part of the product. If you get annoyed by getting impatient people asking when - maybe you shouldn't have talked about it in the first place.

Akai recently released their new MPC Live. It's a cool piece of hardware, but on the box it's written it supports Bluetooth and Wifi - which it does not. It will probably come in a future update - but if you advertise or talk about features that doesn't exist for the end user - it's not rocket science to figure out that you will be bombarded with the question when.

Again - not speaking about Avenger here - but it's worth remembering that one should never buy anything for something that might come. Only buy for what is. The rest is just marketing to keep interest up for the product.

/C
Plughugger Sound Design
LITTLE FAT GREEK for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Korg DSM1 - Roland S750 - Ensoniq ASR10/EPSm
DPhil
KVRer

28 posts since 7 Dec, 2016

Postby DPhil; Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:13 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

DrGonzo wrote:Not specifically talking about Avenger, but this is hole that the developers themselves dug and jumped into. If you talk about upcoming features, you are doing marketing for something that is not part of the product. If you get annoyed by getting impatient people asking when - maybe you shouldn't have talked about it in the first place.

Akai recently released their new MPC Live. It's a cool piece of hardware, but on the box it's written it supports Bluetooth and Wifi - which it does not. It will probably come in a future update - but if you advertise or talk about features that doesn't exist for the end user - it's not rocket science to figure out that you will be bombarded with the question when.

Again - not speaking about Avenger here - but it's worth remembering that one should never buy anything for something that might come. Only buy for what is. The rest is just marketing to keep interest up for the product.

/C

+1 Don't show or talk about features if you don't want people to ask for more infos or release dates.

I recently read a thread about their sampler on Gearslutz. It was the same situation, teasing till there's no tomorrow but getting annoyed about questions at the same time (btw it then was released more than a year later :lol: ). Seems to be their marketing policy.
Caine123
KVRAF

4287 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:20 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

geezzz...

manuel never said at the beginning granular synthesis etc.
he instead just added and adds more and more. and when he said it comes it was added!!!!

I hate that people get more features and just want more and even talk bad! wtf!?

im so grateful manuel listens and considers here nearly every idea. this even doesnt do 95% other companies!!!!

my support they have and hope they wont stop because some ranting ppl here never get satisfied!

manuel, thx! go on buddy! i will suck up the new features and dont stop this awesome support.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit
mitchiemasha
KVRist

69 posts since 14 Aug, 2011, from teesside

Postby mitchiemasha; Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:25 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Yes Manuel. Tease us as much as you like, take as long as it takes. Thank you.
hvyen
KVRer

19 posts since 15 Sep, 2008, from Germany

Postby hvyen; Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

Oh my...! Let the man work in peace. Why always complain when you get such a fine feature in the next update. If you can not wait, buy a few expansion in the meantime. Yes, they are worth their money!
Teaser videos are everywhere, in the film business, in the game industry etc. It's fun to watch it all and I do not complain that eg a videogame appears 2 years later after watching the trailer the first time. As I said, every update is a little gift for every Avenger user, so let us be happy with what we have at this time.
Every company lives by marketing. Without this we would have neither great plugins of vengeance nor any updates with granular synthesis.
DrGonzo
KVRAF

1876 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from A Swede Living in Budapest

Postby DrGonzo; Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:39 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

hvyen wrote:Oh my...! Let the man work in peace. Why always complain when you get such a fine feature in the next update. If you can not wait, buy a few expansion in the meantime. Yes, they are worth their money!
Teaser videos are everywhere, in the film business, in the game industry etc. It's fun to watch it all and I do not complain that eg a videogame appears 2 years later after watching the trailer the first time. As I said, every update is a little gift for every Avenger user, so let us be happy with what we have at this time.
Every company lives by marketing. Without this we would have neither great plugins of vengeance nor any updates with granular synthesis.

I agree with all of what you said. I also love teasers - from everything from new music gear to movies to games. Love it. I'm just saying that if you say "something cool is coming soon" you should be prepared to get the question when. If that bothers you as a developer - again speaking generally - you should probably not do teasers, because that question is pretty much inevitable. Especially if that something is coming in a form of a free update.

/C
Plughugger Sound Design
LITTLE FAT GREEK for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Korg DSM1 - Roland S750 - Ensoniq ASR10/EPSm
goleat
KVRist

161 posts since 24 Jan, 2011

Postby goleat; Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:56 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - is now LIVE!

DrGonzo wrote:
hvyen wrote:Oh my...! Let the man work in peace. Why always complain when you get such a fine feature in the next update. If you can not wait, buy a few expansion in the meantime. Yes, they are worth their money!

I agree with all of what you said. I also love teasers - from everything from new music gear to movies to games. Love it. I'm just saying that if you say "something cool is coming soon" you should be prepared to get the question when. If that bothers you as a developer - again speaking generally - you should probably not do teasers, because that question is pretty much inevitable. Especially if that something is coming in a form of a free update.

/C

Manuel did not mind being asked about the release date of this new update, but he was annoyed by the unfriendly comments of users complaining and pressing for a release date.

Now, in something I give you the reason, I remember very well that a little more than two weeks ago, Manuel said that the update was to be released in a couple of weeks (2 weeks) and still not released.

This may be what triggered some negative feedback from Avenger users.

For my part, I have no problem (even if it takes a couple of months to release the new version). But all I want is that this thread does not turn into a 5 year marketig like Urs is doing with Zebra3. :oops:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments