Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

goleat wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
There's always room for improvement. Being able to swoop the slope a bit steeper would certainly aid in some nice sound sculpting possibilities.
Yes, but the "detail" of the equalizer is relatively minor. For this, there are equalizers outside the box.

I prefer the developer to concentrate on bug fixes, and then improve or add better Avenger filters.

A clear example is the comb filter that sounds very soft compared to other synthesizers (Spire, Serum, Massive, Arcsyn, etc.).

It would also be good to add a dry/wet knob to the granular motor.
In most other soft synths, I might agree - but one of VPS Avenger's strong points is the massively complex internal routing and modulation abilities. Having a built-in EQ that can be modulated (including the proposed improved slopes) makes patch creation pretty damn cool. I look at VPS Avenger as a Reason Combinator on steroids.

I mean, unless we only are allowed 1 feature request that deprecates all others, then I think the improved EQ slope is still a nice idea - along with many of the others I've read.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

especially when making drones etc and you transpose there is a lot of rumble, sadly i cannot filter is nicely out...
msvs wrote:the EQ can vary in steepness, just turn on the width dial??

against this :D

AGAIN

Bug fixing etc. is more important!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

As a workaround, if you want a steeper HPF, you could just use more bands:
Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 9.53.39 PM.png
One possibility is to set multiple bands to high pass at the same freq, keeping the width low enough to avoid a resonant peak. The screenshot shows all four bands set the same.

You can always tee up another EQ if you need it. It's not like you're gonna run out of FX slots. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Update 1.2.1 is crashing Ableton live 9.7.4 on scan. Only VST2 x64 is installed. Anybody else seeing this?

Works fine in Studio One x64. I've tried Live in administrator mode as well, no difference.

Yes out of curiosity my last factory content update was the R2 and that was 4.84 gigs compared to the R4 which is 4.7 gigs why is this and also when I I try updating a new update installer from the plugin in my DAW to the desk top it hardly ever shows up why is that?

guys, that with the EQ: If you want to do a HP or a LP automation, please use the FILTER FX (!) in an empty FX slot and choose a 12 or 24db slope. You also could use 2 filters in row with same settings for a 48db. When in Shape or Wavetable mode you could also use the FFT module and its LP and HP dials for infinite slope steepness
I am very sorry, but the EQ will not be updated, I can tell you this already. I see absolutely no need for this.

EnochLight wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Bug in 1.2.0/1.2.1 (though I can't remember if this was an issue on the previous version).. when auditioning patches after searching tags, you can't browse the search results with your computer keyboard up/down arrows to load them anymore. Very irritating! :(
For those who are bothered by this, just thought I'd share - Rene Keilwerth just emailed me and said they'll be fixing this (though it's described as a "feature request"). :phones: :party: :lol:
Indeed and would love more shortcuts.
ctr+S save
ctrl (+shift)+Z undo redo
DEL (delete selection)
ctrl+c,v copy paste item
just the basics, would make the synth much more userfriendly
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

delete
Last edited by godly on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49

this evening 1.2.2
with (hopefully) all urgent fixes

msvs wrote:this evening 1.2.2
with (hopefully) all urgent fixes
Thx for the nice work guys!
Don't abandon this ship yet, by working on a second big synth ;) :P hahahahahah

msvs wrote:Here is a new VPS Avenger skin... this time bright and futuristic, done by a fellow KVR member

This skin is still the layout only. Has to be build in first, some minor things may change.

This will be one of the free skins we plan to include on release. You can select your favourite skin then in the plugin.

Any news from this skin yet?

godly wrote:
msvs wrote:Here is a new VPS Avenger skin... this time bright and futuristic, done by a fellow KVR member

This skin is still the layout only. Has to be build in first, some minor things may change.

This will be one of the free skins we plan to include on release. You can select your favourite skin then in the plugin.

I would love a dark version of this skin. I like the futuristic design aesthetic, but it's way too bright for dim studios, IMHO. :o
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
godly wrote:

I would love a dark version of this skin. I like the futuristic design aesthetic, but it's way too bright for dim studios, IMHO. :o
agreed, i still prefer the default skin though, the sayatunes skins are always top noth but the one included i dont like much, i like e.g. Dune 2 skin, it is a bit with colour and you get no eye fatigue asap.
also the omnisphere one, maybe the light dark blue and usage of grey etc. would be a good combo.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

why doing a new synth? Avenger is a great basis for everything. We would prefer doing new synthesis forms for Avenger
no this one is a bit of work to implement since it requires some major changes. Will come, but dont know when

msvs wrote:
why doing a new synth? Avenger is a great basis for everything. We would prefer doing new synthesis forms for Avenger
no this one is a bit of work to implement since it requires some major changes. Will come, but dont know when
AGREED! no new synth, i want Avenger to be the superior one!
thats why i love omnisphere, i use omnisphere for a great library + some synthesis.
Alchemy is (was?!) my go to for deeper granular synthesis combining with layers -> now AVENGER?
etc.

e.g. i still use GRANITE a lot for granular stuff, cause it is fast for crazy shit! but for more controlled granular stuff AVENGER seems my go to now!

Return to “Instruments”