Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Ah - fantastic work! Looks like the arp click on notes has been fixed. Sweet, sweet sounds without clicks - thank you!

Also, don't know if this will work for everyone who has had trouble with Avenger getting blacklisted by Cubase and then crashing upon reactivation on the Plug-In Manager - but after it crashes out, what worked for me was restarting the computer and then restarting Cubase.

When I looked in the original error log, something about a BEX64 error prior to Cubase 9.0.3 crashing.

Now for decisions, decisions - Granular XP or BigTone? Anyhow care to weigh in?

both... as long as we have the -20% :D

i would go for bigtone, my faforite avenger soundset, but depends on the style. The granular demotrack, doesn't sound different to the mass of the other expansions.
also some soundsets in future without dance, trance edm would be cool, for example the nexus freaky maschines or progressive techhouse expansions are very very nice, i realy miss them, since i sold nexus to get rid of the elicenser

sacer
The granular demotrack, doesn't sound different to the mass of the other expansions.
I thought so too.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

i didnt play with the granular xp much yet but im kinda disappointed, i expected more granular madness but it was more a granular edm xp...
but some good presets to tweak and learn the granular stuff so it's ok but the presets are not my taste.
i am looking forward to simon stockhausen's granular xp, im sure he does one!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

the most value of the Granular XP is in my eye NOT the presets alone, its the 512 specialized samples for granular, which you get. Explore them inside the granular engine in your own taste. There is also much non-EDM stuff like drones, athmospheres etc there. But EDM is whats wanted mostly from our customers, because of that the presets and the demo is mainly EDM focussed.

msvs wrote:the most value of the Granular XP is in my eye NOT the presets alone, its the 512 specialized samples for granular, which you get. Explore them inside the granular engine in your own taste. There is also much non-EDM stuff like drones, athmospheres etc there. But EDM is whats wanted mostly from our customers, because of that the presets and the demo is mainly EDM focussed.
For me is exactly the opposite: samples are just samples, anyone with a dozen of sample packs on their hard drive has similar stuff. But changing the sample in the preset with a new sample most of the time is instantly usable. I personally always dissect your presets as I find same value in the thinking behind preset design as the preset sound itself.

PS: You must rename athmospheres to atmospheres :)

Thanks all! So I took the advice to get both, and I've gotta say, glad I did. Really liking the sounds and samples - lush!

msvs wrote:But EDM is whats wanted mostly from our customers, because of that the presets and the demo is mainly EDM focussed.
I'm sure you guys have discussed this a lot, but isn't there the possibility of a self-fulfilling prophecy here? It seems that there are lots of people here who are after a lot more than EDM. Avenger is an astoundingly capable synth, but probably gets written off by many just because all they here from demos is... EDM.

And yes, Granular is a perfect case in point. I can well imagine many taking a 2nd look at Avenger now it has granular, but clicking on the granular expansion demo and figuring nothing has changed.

Anyway, just a thought. Keep on with the EDM of course but also expanding beyond that could be win-win I'd have thought.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

With proper granular synthesis (which I'm sure Avenger has from what I've seen and heard), you can do pretty much anything you want if you use the right samples/sounds, no need to stick to the 'EDM' presets. Lot of people often forget that granular synthesis depends sooooo much on the samples used. It requires time, patience & experiment. It's rarely an instant reward. You have to try many sounds combined with many settings to hit something. So dive into it and work!

msvs wrote:the most value of the Granular XP is in my eye NOT the presets alone, its the 512 specialized samples for granular, which you get. Explore them inside the granular engine in your own taste. There is also much non-EDM stuff like drones, athmospheres etc there. But EDM is whats wanted mostly from our customers, because of that the presets and the demo is mainly EDM focussed.
Seeing as how I bought VPS Avenger for it's fantastic stock presets as a starting point, it's the exact opposite for me. I require my synths to come with fantastic presets out of the box, as I'm a preset-tweaker, not a patch builder. I thought the few that the update came with were ok, but I did end up buying the XP Granular expansion on sale, though - so congrats to scoring another customer on that. :D ;)

I will explore the 512 specialized samples at some point, though. Being able to switch them out with the current loaded patch settings is pretty bad ass (and a feature I've come to expect from working in Reason).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I totally feel ya ..

Anyways, use this link:
http://register.vps-avenger.com/register
Rob van Hees

vanhaze wrote:I totally feel ya ..

Anyways, use this link:
http://register.vps-avenger.com/register
Might I recommend quoting who you are responding to? It might help them find your response... :)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Caine123 wrote: i am looking forward to simon stockhausen's granular xp, im sure he does one!
Yes I will make a second library for Avenger including many granular based patches plus all the other stuff, the magic for me with these hybrid instruments is the possibility to layer all these different synthesis forms, or splitting them across the keyboard or both, key-switches would also be cool but we have Falcon for that.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Caine123 wrote: i am looking forward to simon stockhausen's granular xp, im sure he does one!
Yes I will make a second library for Avenger including many granular based patches plus all the other stuff, the magic for me with these hybrid instruments is the possibility to layer all these different synthesis forms, or splitting them across the keyboard or both, key-switches would also be cool but we have Falcon for that.
looking forward, msised your sale :P :D but when the new soundpack comes i hope there will be a combo price ;).

also looking forward for to your opinion about this and alchemy granular, as you are a pro in this ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”