Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I have installed VPS Scope, but I get an error message saying that the plugin is a gift to Vengeance-customers only. Could you guys also make it work with Avenger, since the synth is also a product from your catalog? Thanks!

+1!

Wow... that´s quite fast against my about 6.5 seconds in Bitwig and FLS... while I´ve seen in Reaper it takes just the half of the time...
What DAW do you use???[/quote]

I tested in Renoise 3.1.1, macOS 10.12.6, nVidia 1050ti 2GB. Could be also related to intense directory scanning, the plugin needs to buildup the extension catalogue, and this could be related to the speed of the hdd on which the library is placed (SSD vs HDD?). Though it seems to me that this process could be optimized, too, e.g. using some cache mechanism?

But since the initial delay seems to be very huge on intel graphics, maybe this is mainly related to a slow design graphics buildup.

emanuelsj wrote:I have installed VPS Scope, but I get an error message saying that the plugin is a gift to Vengeance-customers only. Could you guys also make it work with Avenger, since the synth is also a product from your catalog? Thanks!
sorry impossible at the moment, since Scope is using the dongle which is used by all other products except avenger

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Wow... that´s quite fast against my about 6.5 seconds in Bitwig and FLS... while I´ve seen in Reaper it takes just the half of the time...
What DAW do you use???
I tested in Renoise 3.1.1, macOS 10.12.6, nVidia 1050ti 2GB. Could be also related to intense directory scanning, the plugin needs to buildup the extension catalogue, and this could be related to the speed of the hdd on which the library is placed (SSD vs HDD?). Though it seems to me that this process could be optimized, too, e.g. using some cache mechanism?

But since the initial delay seems to be very huge on intel graphics, maybe this is mainly related to a slow design graphics buildup.
Avenger loads the first time in about 2s in FL Studio, less than that after.
Cubase 8 Elements, Reaper and Sonar X3, all of them under 2s.
Win 10 64bits, Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8Ghz, Samsung SSD, nVidia GT710 2Gb.

Scope looks like a nice fancy tool for a music producer setup. I hope you will find a way to make it available to all people supporting VPS. Thanks in advance!
msvs wrote:
emanuelsj wrote:I have installed VPS Scope, but I get an error message saying that the plugin is a gift to Vengeance-customers only. Could you guys also make it work with Avenger, since the synth is also a product from your catalog? Thanks!
sorry impossible at the moment, since Scope is using the dongle which is used by all other products except avenger

zArt wrote: Avenger loads the first time in about 2s in FL Studio, less than that after.
Cubase 8 Elements, Reaper and Sonar X3, all of them under 2s.
Win 10 64bits, Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8Ghz, Samsung SSD, nVidia GT710 2Gb.
My tests were with Win 10 64bit, Intel i5 3570 @3.4-3.8GHz, Samsung SSD (Evo 850) and Intel HD 4600...

Just controlled here: FL Studio takes more than 6 seconds to load Avenger initially and everytime opening the GUi about 5 seconds...
Would be interesting to know, what makes the difference to your system... the CPU or GPU...

Warehouseparty wrote:
jstorerjet wrote:just thought you should know i loaded AU into logic and was blasted with idk what variety of noise. At any rate my speakers and ears are not pleased.
Thx for letting us know, that was quiet helpfull!

Just thought I let you know something: I was driving down the street and my car just stopped without warning. I am not pleased.
did i offend you by pointing out this synth is still a complete buggy shitbox?

jstorerjet wrote:did i offend you by pointing out this synth is still a complete buggy shitbox?
Not at all. Since you're post didn't contain any helpful information, but bitching only, I thought you might notice this, when receiving an even meaningful answer. Unfortunately your second post prooved me wrong...you didn't notice it. :wink:

@Trancid: It's your missing dedicated GPU. Avenger needs a lot of GPU to render it's scaleable GUI. Therefore your CPU (which is not exactly up to date - 3rd generation, Intel just announced 8th generation) is even weaker with Avenger due to Intel Graphics, which runs on the CPU as well. Hope this makes sense to you.
Last edited by Warehouseparty on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

For the V-SAW is there a hidden mode to change the unison to have a different voice spread. I know we can detune more with the vibrato set to independent but would be nice to have a different mode for the voice spread. Thank you :)

About the V-SAW nevermind I just looked at manuel video and found that I could set the mix in different places and use the pan to make it wide and add more voices in the chord section sound great now

jstorerjet wrote:just thought you should know i loaded AU into logic and was blasted with idk what variety of noise. At any rate my speakers and ears are not pleased.
Maybe?:

- fixed the WAVESHAPER FX crash (aka the Noiseburst bug)

What version are you using?

Warehouseparty wrote: @Trancid: It's your missing dedicated GPU. Avenger needs a lot of GPU to render it's scaleable GUI. Therefore your CPU (which is not exactly up to date - 3rd generation, Intel just announced 8th generation) is even weaker with Avenger due to Intel Graphics, which runs on the CPU as well. Hope this makes sense to you.
This I would reallt like to believe, because it would be an easy fix...

But why does Ableton load with the same setup Avengers GUI within a second...
it shouldn´t make a difference for the GPU if the GUI loads in FLS or Reaper or Bitwig or Ableton...

While writing I got an idea...
While Ableton and Reaper are on the not so impressive GUI side, are FLS and Bitwig much more heavyweighted side...
Is it possible, that the GUI´s of FLS and Bitwig already take a lot of resources from the "GPU" that a heavyweighted GUI like Avenger takes more time to load than on a simple GUI like Live´s???

If so and I would like to buy a new graphics card, what budget one would you recommend since I am no gamer at all...

My GT710 cost a few months ago 50€, i'm no gamer either but i build my on systems.
It has passive cooling and has 2Gb of memory, so any graphic card with those specs is good enough.

I don´t know about Bitwig but FL Studio 12 is definitely 'heavier' than FL Studio 11.

zArt wrote:My GT710 cost a few months ago 50€, i'm no gamer either but i build my on systems.
It has passive cooling and has 2Gb of memory, so any graphic card with those specs is good enough.
I think, I´ll try out a GT1030 ... it supports 4k as well if someday I feel the need :-)
I don´t know about Bitwig but FL Studio 12 is definitely 'heavier' than FL Studio 11.
Both have vector graphics ... I´ll think, that´s what causing trouble with my dated graphics system and Avenger...
Tomorrow I´ll know better :-)

Return to “Instruments”