Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
jasonwoodman
KVRer

24 posts since 10 Mar, 2015, from UK

Postby jasonwoodman; Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Assuming you get a 4K monitor that's big enough, the higher resolution is like adding a second monitor, thus increasing your screen real estate (meaning you can fit more things on screen). This is still true with smaller 4K monitors, but too small and the additional real estate is useless.

Ahh thought that was the case.

I use two monitors and can't really see the 4k being any more beneficial over it.
But, we all work differently ;)
Warehouseparty
KVRist

91 posts since 10 Dec, 2016, from Germany

Postby Warehouseparty; Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:42 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

msvs wrote:for example
Nexus (on PC) on the backside

this is just a normal zoom, you should set it to 200% for maximum sharpness

Thx for mentioning! Have not been aware of this option.

Actually I decided I will stick with 4k and 100% - everything is really tiny, but I can't stand blurry GUIs next to 4k sharpness. Not only Nexus but all the other VSTs as well. Went for 100% on Avenger too. If everything is tiny your eyes get used to it.

Mainly I'm going for the 4k because of office applications (Office, SAP and stuff - changing 24" HD to 28" 4k: the amount of space is just fabolous!). For music production only I would stick with HD I guess.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen
msvs
KVRian

939 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby msvs; Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

What's the attraction for a 4k monitor? I mean I get it if you're doing graphics in like Maya, but I don't understand what use it has in an audio based studio.

Just curious, in case I'm missing out on something :)

are you joking? :)
Space!!!! you have room for your mixer, your arrangement window, tons of tracks, open VSTs etc
on a FullHD you are constantly moving things away from the sight.

Went for 100% on Avenger too

you should try 120% or even 130% (I work on 120%)
Avenger stays sharp since its vector based
Warehouseparty
KVRist

91 posts since 10 Dec, 2016, from Germany

Postby Warehouseparty; Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:08 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

msvs wrote:you should try 120% or even 130% (I work on 120%)
Avenger stays sharp since its vector based

You are right - but since all the other plugins won't and my eyes don't like to switch from big GUIs (Avenger) to smaller ones (mainly all of my other plugins) and I use 100% for Windows as well, I stick with the 100%. Fortunately my eyes are working quite well. :)
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen
100tifiko
KVRist

56 posts since 28 Jun, 2017

Postby 100tifiko; Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

You know what would be awesome to route the chorder to the effect section separate from osc1. Or to change the waveform from the chorder using the xcite or the format creating a thick layer for a huge harmonic supersaw :) :phones:
100tifiko
KVRist

56 posts since 28 Jun, 2017

Postby 100tifiko; Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

this would save you from using another osc and adding different distortion for harmonics or using the xcite or format helping you save CPU usage in a way
Mirko R.
KVRist

109 posts since 8 Oct, 2016, from Hagen | Germany

Postby Mirko R.; Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:37 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

In this video I will show you some of the presets of my very first expansion for the monster synth "VPS Avenger" called:

--- TROPICAL HOUSE ---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwlsXVDhAHw

Greetz
Mirko R.
hvyen
KVRist

44 posts since 15 Sep, 2008, from Germany

Postby hvyen; Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:58 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Hi Mirko!
Well done! The demo is already great. I will check out the video tonight.
Greets,
Marcel
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

13474 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:08 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Something a little dark and abstract:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB2KpuOdxO4
mynet
KVRer

13 posts since 4 Oct, 2012

Postby mynet; Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:10 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Most expansions don't have "professional" sound design. It sounds like any other B class synth out there?
When this is the number 1 synth out there imo!
It's like level 5 of 10. Where is all the pro designers??

Bitcrush on 30-50% of the sounds? When is this 8bit harsh "digital" treble going away? I'm after the opposite, smooth and clean analog crispy highs! That's the hard stuff to design. That is one big things that differs between analog and digital. The other thing is the more present and forward mids. And the low end bass/subs is very difficult, haven't heard any preset with that deep fatness, like from the analog world.

From my own "new" experience with sound-design (Long time producer) I've managed to do some really clean digital/analog sounds!

I don't hear the passion/love/work in these sounds? Most of these sounds I can make in "20min". Especially if you use samples, then it's not even Avenger who makes the sound. I wanna be like, how the F_ _ K did he do that sweet sound???

I hope I can upload some examples soon to see what others think, maybe I'm wrong haha.

Sorry for my harsh critic! To say something positive you have a good ear for melodies, use those melodies for your own productions ;)

Ps. If you see yourself as a professional patch-designer, pls upgrade your monitors so you can hear every detail correct cause this synth has the potential to sound really great!

Sound Engineer/Producer, 35y, Sweden
chk071
KVRAF

13811 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:18 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

So where can i buy all your popular, successful, and professionally designed sounds, Mr. Sound Engineer/Producer from Sweden?

In the meantime, i'd recommend some research to find out who msvs and SampleConstruct are, might get you a better picture about the "unprofessional" sound design happening here.
Good synths don't have a sweet spot. They ARE the sweet spot.
hvyen
KVRist

Postby hvyen; Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:21 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Hi Simon!
I can well imagine that this xp will be a masterpiece! I‘m already looking forward to it.
Cheers!
Marcel
starflakeprj
KVRian

585 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Postby starflakeprj; Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

mynet wrote:Most expansions don't have "professional" sound design. It sounds like any other B class synth out there?

Bitcrush on 30-50% of the sounds? When is this 8bit harsh "digital" treble going away? I'm after the opposite, smooth and clean analog crispy highs! That's the hard stuff to design. That is one big things that differs between analog and digital. The other thing is the more present and forward mids. And the low end bass/subs is very difficult, haven't heard any preset with that deep fatness, like from the analog world.

From my own "new" experience with sound-design (Long time producer) I've managed to do some really clean digital/analog sounds!

I don't hear the passion/love/work in these sounds? Most of these sounds I can make in "20min". Especially if you use samples, then it's not even Avenger who makes the sound. I wanna be like, how the F_ _ K did he do that sweet sound???

I hope I can upload some examples soon to see what others think, maybe I'm wrong haha.

Sorry for my harsh critic! To say something positive you have a good ear for melodies, use those melodies for your own productions ;)

Ps. If you see yourself as a professional patch-designer, pls upgrade your monitors so you can hear every detail correct cause this synth has the potential to sound really great!

You don't have to upload any examples, just paste a link to your showcase.

But we already know you are not a professional sound engineer, nor a professional producer. If you were, you would have been more respectful, sorry.
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.0GHz | 64GB DDR3 | 3 x Nvidia GTX 780 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Roland QUAD-CAPTURE | M-Audio Code61
Studio One 3.5 | Reason 10 | Bitwig Studio 2.2 | Reaper 5.6 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 12.5 | 450+ VSTs | 130+ Rack Extensions
hvyen
KVRist

Postby hvyen; Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:55 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

mynet wrote:Most expansions don't have "professional" sound design. It sounds like any other B class synth out there?

Do you mean that seriously?
bmanic
KVRAF

7832 posts since 3 Feb, 2003, from Finland, Espoo

Postby bmanic; Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:12 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Talk is cheap. Show us your sounds that you made with Avenger.

Also.. you completely dismissed that all of this is very subjective. What you just described as "desirable" had me rolling my eyes. Why on earth would you get a synth like Avenger only to try to recreate "analog" counterparts? That's just plain stupid and a complete waste of a very flexible synth, in my opinion.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but it may be a good time to give you little mirror so you can see that not the whole world thinks like you (at 35 years old you should have gotten out of that thought phase by now).

/actual professional sound designer, Finland. :hihi:
"I'm not trying to be anyone's savior. I'm just trying to think about the future and not be sad." - Elon Musk, TED talk April 2017
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments