Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I am trying to import multiple samples into avenger (similar to mapping multi samples in Ableton Sampler) and have them correctly mapped

i.e. if I have a Bass folder with

Bass_C0
Bass_F0

The only way I discovered so far is to drop Bass_C0 in Osc 1 and drop Bass F0 in Osc 2.

Then go to the Zones section and select manually the correct range for each osc,
i.e. for Bass_C0 to play from C0 to E0
and for Bass_F0 to play from F0_ to E0

Is there a better way to do this? What if I have a folder with samples from C0 all up to C1. How can I get all the 12 samples mapped?

Thanks!
you can import complex Multisamples directly into 1 OSC
obviously you did not yet read page 19 in the manual :)

I went through it before but apparently I was missing something. Thanks! :D

$70 for a preset bank? Yeah I won't be going down that road.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:$70 for a preset bank? Yeah I won't be going down that road.
Yep, as fantastic as Avenger is, as someone with collectors OCD (like many users, I'm sure), I do feel that I am being played indeed like a 'user'. Even with the sales, when I look back at the amount spent on official presets I shudder. I wouldn't be quite so bitter if there were a more diverse selection of presets covering a wider genre range.

I can't blame the developers for pricing as they see fit. But, as an obsessive, god this pricing policy stinging.

Maybe I should take up a cheaper addiction, like yachting, or crack...
Last edited by PapaG on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Really no cinematic expansion?? You guys are really milking this s%@# no offense Marcell but I think we all were waiting for Kevin’s work

I am not Marcel, and Kevin is not ready with the xp yet. So its done when its done. No Offense

msvs wrote:I am not Marcel, and Kevin is not ready with the xp yet. So its done when its done. No Offense
I wasn’t talking to you

msvs, your dedication to generic and average EDM is frightening, but the synth is too good, it'll survive even EDM attacks.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lgisgldxrxr5 ... Dnloa?dl=0

This is the demo to the expansion above posted here not to long ago to anyone who missed it

PapaG wrote:someone with collectors OCD (like many users, I'm sure), I do feel that I am being played indeed like a 'user'.
I wouldn't bet on "many users". Or if is true, that's sad for our society. For starters, if one doesn't make trance music, 3-4 packs are out (I am not saying they are useless, I am saying it is useless to buy a pack that you won't use in at least one released song to worth the investment). I'd rather know very well the sounds I own rather than buy new ones I "may" use in the future.

Then we have 8/16-bit. Again, pretty useless in today's music market, unless you make something really specific and need those sounds. In which case you will purchase them when you really need them.

EDM2, Tropical, EDMFX: bigroom is dead since 2 years ago, tropical very short-lived. Who made EDM when it was "en vogue" already has the bread & butter sounds. Who purchases them now? Maybe Indian/Chinese producers. Asian market is pretty much lagging behind EU/US.

So really, it is so easy not to buy whn you know your sh!t.

sircuit - I wouldn't dare to pretend to know, but in terms of dance music that IS current right now, what does Avenger lack, expansion-wise?

The price of expansions will keep coming up I guess. It's priced the same as ReFx, but contains more stuff like the drums, samples etc. But I must confess... I think the time might be here to revisit the pricing. It's steep compared to other synths. The Unfinished's recent Omni 2 bank was a similar price for 400 patches, and his programming is really outstanding. FWIW, I've really liked the sound of Simon's patches, but they are also on the steep-side money-wise and I find myself waiting for a sale or something.

Hey, in the end, we all just vote with our wallets. It's 100% up to the companies what they sell for, and I can only presume they're selling well enough.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:sircuit - I wouldn't dare to pretend to know, but in terms of dance music that IS current right now, what does Avenger lack, expansion-wise?
I’d say that right now the needs for pop/dance/mainstream music of these days are very much covered - I found the latest additions in both Avenger and Nexus’ yard to be deeply redundant (each one's last year releases cover already everyting). I mean really, if last year you could make a song from Future 1, this year you'd need Future 1 and some parts from Trap 1 or whatever. So if someone purchased in 2016 a trio of Moombah or Trap plus a Future Bass and a deep house, today's music it's still all there but one just have to combine all 3. But maybe this is all the XP's are for (mainly up-to-date sound organisers) and I view them as a source of (fresh) sounds thus failing to see them for what they were intended.

Anyway, if I have to name something that’s lacking, that would be for example tech house (not quite mainstream yet but we’re soon there). Tech house has a bigger base of producers than Trance and yet, except a Tech sample pack at Vengeance, there are no xp’s for this genre. Maybe these producers only shop for drum loops (imho a perfect groove is the most difficult part in this genre).

As for the price, I have no complaints. Best way to stop making music is to get unlimited stuff for free and spend all your time downloading and previewing stuff.

sircuit wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote: As for the price, I have no complaints..
Apart from Nexus, which is from the same stable, I can't honestly think of another synth where the presets cost this much.

But like I'm sure will be said, no-one is forcing me.

Just look what happened to Phalanx users. When as the last update for that or other FX plugins. These guys are preset pushers. Manuel you could be a real asset here teaching people your skills instead doing this bait and switch

Return to “Instruments”