Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
dune_rave
KVRian

1095 posts since 22 Jun, 2006, from Hungary

Postby dune_rave; Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Downloaded the update, because I read it on KVRaUDIO, (downloaded from the avenger plugin), then installed it, and afther this Avenger opened in an empty gui in Reaper. I tried this in FLStudio, also an empty window. (my environment : win10 64bit, Reaper 64bit v5.70; FLStudio 12.5.1)
I think I will downgrade.... but who knows how can this be done?

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:It has been updated to 1.3.4 according to https://www.kvraudio.com/news/vengeance ... -3-4-40194
I cannot find an info elsewhere, the download link on https://register.vps-avenger.com/ brings me to a HTTP/300EDIT: Was a caching thing on my side. I can download it.
Warehouseparty
KVRist

114 posts since 10 Dec, 2016, from Germany

Postby Warehouseparty; Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:34 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

dune_rave wrote:Downloaded the update, because I read it on KVRaUDIO, (downloaded from the avenger plugin), then installed it, and afther this Avenger opened in an empty gui in Reaper. I tried this in FLStudio, also an empty window. (my environment : win10 64bit, Reaper 64bit v5.70; FLStudio 12.5.1)
I think I will downgrade.... but who knows how can this be done?

You need the old installer. I guess you just replace the dll /install the old version.

BTW: Running smooth here: WIN10 / FL 12.5
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen
dune_rave
KVRian

1095 posts since 22 Jun, 2006, from Hungary

Postby dune_rave; Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:29 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

I have found the installer of 1.33, installed, then Avenger was OK again. Dunno why is this problem with 1.34, maybe I should download the actual factory content ...
lectropunk
KVRist

335 posts since 26 Sep, 2011, from new ross wexford ireland

Postby lectropunk; Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:41 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Hi guys I can't update avenger to the latest version for some reason can I uninstall then install the latest version ??
STi_NJ
KVRist

39 posts since 8 Nov, 2007

Postby STi_NJ; Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:53 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

I'm surprised at how many guys are bashing the presets. Why are people so bent on the latest sound and sounding like everyone else. Come up with something different. That means using old sounds/new sounds, whatever. If you must follow the leaders and make exactly what's hot now, the synth is more than capable of producing whatever sound it is that you want.
PapaG
KVRer

19 posts since 5 Feb, 2017

Postby PapaG; Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:49 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

STi_NJ wrote:I'm surprised at how many guys are bashing the presets. Why are people so bent on the latest sound and sounding like everyone else. Come up with something different. That means using old sounds/new sounds, whatever. If you must follow the leaders and make exactly what's hot now, the synth is more than capable of producing whatever sound it is that you want.

Clearly if you don't care for presets then the criticism is not relevant to you. But that's hardly a logical reason to argue against the criticism.
Wavegem
KVRist

112 posts since 19 Dec, 2016

Postby Wavegem; Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:52 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Let’s do this one more time! Avenger 220$ , 10 expansions, 700$. In no time they are gonna release another 10 expansions. Pretty soon this synth is gonna cost as much as a car just like nexus. If I was to spend multi thousand dollars it would not be on a software synth that sounds sub par. 70 dollars for presets is insane! The presets are ok, just ok and not worth the money. Although that is my opinion, I doubt anyone here is gonna defend 70 dollars for a 8 bit or 16 bit expansion. That was 140 for both expansions nobody will ever use. Make something useful instead of the same crap wrapped up in different box

I remember seeing here that they justified the high cost because it’s expensive to live. It makes you think they created this synth just to sell you presets
Last edited by Wavegem on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wavegem
KVRist

Postby Wavegem; Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:56 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Double
fVk.kVr
Banned

Postby fVk.kVr; Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:01 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

They are not forcing your hand to buy. The price is decided by the maker, not by a random person on the net. There's complaining, then there's bitching, then there's trolling.
Amram
KVRist

439 posts since 12 Jan, 2013, from Foolish Shepherd

Postby Amram; Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:06 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

There is people that can afford themself to buy those exp.
Meantime we can make our owns exp and the sky is the limit.
Wavegem
KVRist

Postby Wavegem; Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:09 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Amram wrote:There is people that can afford themself to buy those exp.
Meantime we can make our owns exp and the sky is the limit.

Agreed
frizzbee
KVRist

176 posts since 11 Jan, 2015

Postby frizzbee; Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:17 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

since it's an open architecture, just wait for someone "recreating" the expansions and sell them for half the price :lol: :lol: :lol:
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

2170 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:20 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Wavegem wrote:Let’s do this one more time! Avenger 220$ , 10 expansions, 700$. In no time they are gonna release another 10 expansions. Pretty soon this synth is gonna cost as much as a car just like nexus.

...but of course its entirely unlike Nexus in that a) you can program it and b) they freely allow 3rd party expansions and make it really easy to do so - it's actively encouraged. Hey, there's even a free one if you scroll up a bit on this thread :wink:

Kudos to VPS I say. Yes, I personally think they haven't got the pricing right for the official expansions (also applies to some 3rd party banks to be honest), but it really doesn't matter.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD
sircuit
KVRist

392 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:35 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

Wavegem wrote:Pretty soon this synth is gonna cost as much as a car just like nexus.

It may be. But there are also people that earn this level of money from their music productions. It's perfectly normal for some products to be not for everyone. (I personally do not own all the XPs mainly because they are not suitable for my own needs but then my purchases are always correlated to my income - or at least with income prediction - not some "collect all" OCD type)

Wavegem wrote:Although that is my opinion, I doubt anyone here is gonna defend 70 dollars for a 8 bit or 16 bit expansion.

think again or jump 3-ish pages back. if you can't use the n-bits, you basically lack creativity. The Gods have spoken.

Warehouseparty wrote:Honestly - nobody needs 8 bit? This is only due to a lack of creativity. Remember Justin Timberlake/50 Cent - ayo technology? Nobody used that sound at that time. But it worked perfectly. You just need to do it.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
STi_NJ
KVRist

39 posts since 8 Nov, 2007

Postby STi_NJ; Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:35 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.0 update with new cross FM mode

PapaG wrote:
STi_NJ wrote:I'm surprised at how many guys are bashing the presets. Why are people so bent on the latest sound and sounding like everyone else. Come up with something different. That means using old sounds/new sounds, whatever. If you must follow the leaders and make exactly what's hot now, the synth is more than capable of producing whatever sound it is that you want.

Clearly if you don't care for presets then the criticism is not relevant to you. But that's hardly a logical reason to argue against the criticism.

I'm not saying I don't use presets - I do. What I was meaning to get at is it's not really reasonable for people to slam certain genres of packs just because they might not make that style of music. Sure, someone can say 8-bit isn't all the rage right now, but it doesn't mean that there aren't paying customers out there who do make it. There clearly are. As someone else said - they'll keep cranking these expansions out. It's just a matter of time before there's something for everyone.

All that being said, I personally find the packs to be fairly expensive for me, but it just means I'll have to seriously consider which one's I'll buy.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments