Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote:I am on vacation so excuse my briefness, Avenger or Nxus are not meant here. Arps are not meant. Its all about construction Kits and loops. I dont want to repeat this all 10 Pages, so this is the last post, I will make about this. :tu:
I hope that, post-vacation, you can turn your attention to this fully with others from your company. It's an inadequate response imo, that doesn't address many of our concerns over the past page or two. As it is, both Avenger and Nexus have taken quite a nosedive in my view, and it seems many others.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Quick question i routed the mod env to the filter I click on the triangle and i see both mov env and mod wheel but when I try to select the mov env it doesnt change to the mov env it only stays on the mod wheel amount. Thanks

noiseboyuk wrote:
msvs wrote:I am on vacation so excuse my briefness, Avenger or Nxus are not meant here. Arps are not meant. Its all about construction Kits and loops. I dont want to repeat this all 10 Pages, so this is the last post, I will make about this. :tu:
I hope that, post-vacation, you can turn your attention to this fully with others from your company. It's an inadequate response imo, that doesn't address many of our concerns over the past page or two. As it is, both Avenger and Nexus have taken quite a nosedive in my view, and it seems many others.
Unfortunately the TOS are still not clear and that's what I meant: he can say all things, but what matters is the written form. I pulled my conclusions from the responses and started spreading the awareness about Vengeance and reFX before anyone experiences bad things. Because it now seems the rumors that came up in the gs threads were just true. It's a shame.

Manuel!

In Avenger, could we please have:

****Swing options in the delay

****A "dB reduction amount" attached to the midi kill in the delay. I mean, being able to specify by how much the ringing delay is reduced on midi kill (often you don't want it completely killed, but maybe 18dB down only or something).

****Better Keytrack-to-modulation. So, i mean, being able to have (for example) C3 fully close the filter, while C4 fully opens it. We should be able to specify on which keys the mod is at its minimum or maximum.

aaaaaand.......**** the option to display the mod list in 'the space taken up by the preset browser. The mod section is too small, whilst the preset area is sitting unused most of time.

But apart from all that, love Avenger! I've learnt more in the last month dissecting the presets then i did in the whole year previously.

noiseboyuk wrote:
I may be missing something here Guy but what I get from his response is that the non royalty free section only affects Vengeance construction loop sets, none of which are in Nexus or Avenger, they are a completely separate entity.

Below is the Nexus EULA, it clearly talks about Vengeance SamplePacks. I agree the Avenger/Vengeance EULA needs more clarification as its not totally clear but given Manuels statement I am not sure what the problem is still ? Not trying to be combative, what am I missing ?

Under the Licence you may not and shall not, without Our express written authorization:
own title, or transfer title to the Licenced Materials to another party;
transfer the Licence;
remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Licenced Materials;
distribute, or sublicense or otherwise provide copies of or access to the Licenced Materials to any third party;
pledge, hypothecate, alienate or otherwise encumber the Licenced Materials to any third party;
create derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, modify, copy, bundle, sell, sublicense, export, merge, transfer, adapt, loan, rent, lease, assign, share, outsource, host, publish, make available to any person or otherwise use, either directly or indirectly, the Licenced Materials;
permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of Us or Our licensors;
circumvent, remove, alter or otherwise impair any technological protection measures, digital rights management information, or other copy-protection mechanisms used in or by the Licenced Materials; or
include, use, re-sample, mix, process, isolate or embed any content from the Licenced Library in any virtual instrument, audio sampling system, audio playback system or library of any kind, other than those provided or authorized by Us.
commercially use any compositions, melodies, melody-loops, lyrics, and vocal-samples or parts hereof from any Vengeance SamplePacks. All rights on melodies, musical compositions, lyrics, vocals, and melody-loops included in Vengeance SamplePacks are owned by Us and are reserved.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

noiseboyuk wrote:
I may be missing something here Guy but what I get from his response is that the non royalty free section only affects Vengeance construction loop sets, none of which are in Nexus or Avenger, they are a completely separate entity.

Below is the Nexus EULA, it clearly talks about Vengeance SamplePacks. I agree the Avenger/Vengeance EULA needs more clarification as its not totally clear but given Manuels statement I am not sure what the problem is still ? Not trying to be combative, what am I missing ?

Under the Licence you may not and shall not, without Our express written authorization:
own title, or transfer title to the Licenced Materials to another party;
transfer the Licence;
remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Licenced Materials;
distribute, or sublicense or otherwise provide copies of or access to the Licenced Materials to any third party;
pledge, hypothecate, alienate or otherwise encumber the Licenced Materials to any third party;
create derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, modify, copy, bundle, sell, sublicense, export, merge, transfer, adapt, loan, rent, lease, assign, share, outsource, host, publish, make available to any person or otherwise use, either directly or indirectly, the Licenced Materials;
permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of Us or Our licensors;
circumvent, remove, alter or otherwise impair any technological protection measures, digital rights management information, or other copy-protection mechanisms used in or by the Licenced Materials; or
include, use, re-sample, mix, process, isolate or embed any content from the Licenced Library in any virtual instrument, audio sampling system, audio playback system or library of any kind, other than those provided or authorized by Us.
commercially use any compositions, melodies, melody-loops, lyrics, and vocal-samples or parts hereof from any Vengeance SamplePacks. All rights on melodies, musical compositions, lyrics, vocals, and melody-loops included in Vengeance SamplePacks are owned by Us and are reserved.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

yes you are right, we could eventually remove the "Audio plugin library" from the list, so its more clear this is for samplepacks constr. kits and loops and not ARPs from instruments. Since we sell no samplepacks over VS page, maybe the whole passage is uneccessary, but I have to discuss this when I am back.
****Better Keytrack-to-modulation. So, i mean, being able to have (for example) C3 fully close the filter, while C4 fully opens it. We should be able to specify on which keys the mod is at its minimum or maximum.
thats already possible, take a look at the "zones" page, you can specify the range of the keytrack there freely
****Swing options in the delay
have to discuss this with rene if its possible
****A "dB reduction amount" attached to the midi kill in the delay. I mean, being able to specify by how much the ringing delay is reduced on midi kill (often you don't want it completely killed, but maybe 18dB down only or something).
that is actually a nice idea, worth pursuing!
aaaaaand.......**** the option to display the mod list in 'the space taken up by the preset browser. The mod section is too small, whilst the preset area is sitting unused most of time.
to expand the modmatrix is already on our list

btw the updates of the older plugins have been fixed on the next day regarding the bug on Mac, which was mentioned several pages earlier
But apart from all that, love Avenger! I've learnt more in the last month dissecting the presets then i did in the whole year previously.
thank you, being visually educational was one of our goals :)

Thanks for the reply and info!

I also wanna say i think you're a genius sound designer. That really sets this synth apart from Serum, Zebra, MPowerSynth etc., you can really feel the design and features are fine tuned by someone with many years of experience creating sounds in multiple genres.

msvs wrote:yes you are right, we could eventually remove the "Audio plugin library" from the list, so its more clear this is for samplepacks constr. kits and loops and not ARPs from instruments. Since we sell no samplepacks over VS page, maybe the whole passage is uneccessary, but I have to discuss this when I am back.
Ah, this sounds more like it, thanks Manuel (and thanks Woodsdennis too). In a way, even mentioning arps muddies the issue because it makes me infer that stuff like the vocal samples in Avenger are restricted in their use. So if it only applies to SamplePacks and nothing at all in Nexus / Avenger... happy days.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

msvs wrote:we could eventually remove the "Audio plugin library" from the list, so its more clear this is for samplepacks constr. kits and loops and not ARPs from instruments. Since we sell no samplepacks over VS page, maybe the whole passage is uneccessary, but I have to discuss this when I am back.
It would useful for everyone to have the license agreement reflecting the actual products on the website since apparently the main concerns refer to products that are not even sold through v-s web shop. That's all I was seeking from the begining: clarification.

PS: Enjoying the holidays in a place where they play Apres Ski music? :)

PS: Enjoying the holidays in a place where they play Apres Ski music? :)
haha, no... more like Nexus Hollywood 3 Ethno :clown: Seen enough snow

I think it is time the Rene starts to optimize + stabilize the Avenger's code. The oscillator section causes heavy cpu spikes. Also the plugin crashes regularly in most DAWs. In Bitwig it is so awful, that it crashes almost every second start, and then often on audio export, after closing the gui, etc etc. (VST2 and VST3).

Please make your homework the right way. This state actually is not production ready. And I don't want devalue your product, I agree it's great, maybe the best available from concept. But when it comes to quality control, please start to face reality and address the problems.

Here is a shot of the spikes in Bitwig CPU meter, only produced by Avenger:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-23 um 19.29.15.PNG
This is quite a horrible graph. You realize the spikes, yes? I isolated the OSCs as cause for this (by disabling all units step-by-step).

It actually looks to me just like denormal numbers. You know, very little floating point numbers that will cause the cpu to enter a super slow super accurate mode, which usually should be prevented in audio DSP?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I will forward this to Rene, but it would be better you send him your exact computer specs. Please be aware that you are a rare exception. We have X customers, and people with such heavy problems like you are around 0.01% (if not even less). Which does not mean, we dont want to help you :) Maybe its easy to fix, but for this, he must be able to reconstruct the behaviour.
Last edited by msvs on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

feedbackmachine wrote:the plugin crashes regularly in most DAWs.
Not in Cubase it doesn't. Can't remember it ever crashing. I suspect there is something particular to your rig and Avenger.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

+1, in Cubase 9.5 seems very stable, i think it only crashed once.

Also seems to use about half the CPU as Serum does for a similar sound, so appears to be quite well optimized.

Return to “Instruments”