The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
kevvvvv
vvvvvvv

2179 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk
Are there any known arp shuffle bugs?

Been getting rasps & buzzes when moving the arp shuffle today.

Have to close S1 each time to make the noise go away.

Don't know if this is a bug or just my song, hence asking if anyone else gets arp swing bugs.
Member 12, Studio One 4, Avenger (Still top), Kontakt (loads), Spitfire Studio Strings, Session Strings Pro 2, Dune, Spire, Shreddage, BFD3, Izotope Neutron & Ozone mixing for idiots like me
Mr D
KVRist

267 posts since 8 May, 2012, from E.U.
Question for all and any AVenger Jedis:

Anyone know if it's possible in Avenger to have pitchbend down apply modulation to a destination (i mean a destination other then normal pitchbend), but pitchbend up to apply no modulation?

I can't seem to work it out!
sircuit
KVRist

475 posts since 15 Jul, 2016
Yes. Map pitch to macro button 1 (negative amount if you want to use PB- or positive amount for PB+). You can map the pitch to both macro buttons so you can have two separate functions for pitch up and pitch down. Then map the button(s) to destination parameter(s). Don't forget to deactivate the PB up/down in Pitch envelope settings.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
Razzia
KVRist

112 posts since 21 May, 2016
kevvvvv wrote:Are there any known arp shuffle bugs?

Been getting rasps & buzzes when moving the arp shuffle today.

Have to close S1 each time to make the noise go away.

Don't know if this is a bug or just my song, hence asking if anyone else gets arp swing bugs.

I had some problems with a recent update where shuffling the sequencer would cause Avenger to stop playing notes back until I re-initialized the plugin. Didn't notice anything with the Arp but the shuffle is global so there might be something there

also - what exactly do the rasps and buzzes sound like? Are you using a noise oscillator in the patch in question? I'm still experiencing problems with the noise oscillator - once every several times I hit a key it plays back as if it were the Static Noise oscillator. That's pretty buzzy sounding
kevvvvv
vvvvvvv

Razzia
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not using the noise osc.
I finally got the shuffle arp to work after completely killing the track off and deleting the Avenger instance.
Then rebuild.
Drastic surgery, but it's worked for now.
If I'd forgotten the name of the Avenger preset it might have been a problem, but I'd saved the tweaked arp preset, so all ended well, and the tune works fine now.
The buzzing sound was unrelated to anything tonal. Just crap stuff.
Thanks again :)
Member 12, Studio One 4, Avenger (Still top), Kontakt (loads), Spitfire Studio Strings, Session Strings Pro 2, Dune, Spire, Shreddage, BFD3, Izotope Neutron & Ozone mixing for idiots like me
kevvvvv
vvvvvvv

A good word for the Effects:EDM expansion :)

I keep using this expansion in the final stage of song design.

eg, I'm happy with the tune structure, etc, but some segments need a bit of a build or an effect to spruce up them up and retain interest.

Effects:EDM is great for this. A regular swiss army knife for the final polish of songs

Good value imo :wink:
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

760 posts since 20 Oct, 2014
Wow these deep house loops sound really amazing, love it from 5:22. Did you make real songs from these?
DJErmac
KVRian

526 posts since 25 Apr, 2009, from France
Sounds GREAT !!!!
hollyWorse
KVRist

65 posts since 23 May, 2017
Just a quick note: Guys@VPS quickly been resetting my activations so the issue is solved.

But I've been wondering: How can I reset an activation myself? In my case it wouldn't have made a difference cause the laptops were broken, but if I can still access it, is there an option?

Or is it possible to bring the licences to an ilok-usb stick?
Razzia
KVRist

112 posts since 21 May, 2016
I don't think there's any way to do it yourself. If that were possible, there'd be no point to VPS putting an activation limit on Avenger. It would be nice if there were a way to deactivate machines individually, but Manuel has said they've been working on a license manager of sorts for Avenger, so maybe that'll be possible in the future. If you write to renee he's always been ridiculously fast to respond in my experience, so I've never worried much about the activation limit.

There's no dongle option for Avenger, but if for some reason they'd opt to put it on dongle protection it'd be eLicenser instead of iLok. I think it's the only VPS plug that's not on eLicenser. IMO they were sensible to ditch the dongle protection. It's a big deterrent for new customers - the eLicenser in particular is likely to discourage people from trying it out because there are a lot fewer reasons to have an eLicenser compared to an iLok. I only have one because of Cubase, but I've avoided a number of very good plugins simply because I don't want an ilok in addition to the dongle that's already on my main machine, and I for one would hate having to move my eLicenser or buy an extra one just to use Avenger on my laptop.
Mr D
KVRist

267 posts since 8 May, 2012, from E.U.
I personally would be much happier with it on a eLicenser dongle so i knew i wouldn't run into any hassle with activation limit. I use Cubase so already have a eLicenser in my machine.

I produce on 3 computers and have already installed 3 times. I presume, if i need to do a fresh install on all 3 computers, i'll have problems.

Also worth noting that Phalanx has never been cracked whereas Avenger is already cracked!
100tifiko
KVRist

105 posts since 28 Jun, 2017
msvs wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5oDK1v5edI

Manuel it would be nice if you did a walkthrough XP like you did for bit era 8 and 16 so we can hear and see all the presets the XP offers :phones:
peke
KVRist

31 posts since 4 Apr, 2005, from Borlänge
What's the best display resolution for avenger? I use 27" 1080p. 70% in avenger size. I want to use it in 100% but 1080p is too small for that
hollyWorse
KVRist

65 posts since 23 May, 2017
Razzia wrote:I don't think there's any way to do it yourself. If that were possible, there'd be no point to VPS putting an activation limit on Avenger. It would be nice if there were a way to deactivate machines individually, but Manuel has said they've been working on a license manager of sorts for Avenger, so maybe that'll be possible in the future. If you write to renee he's always been ridiculously fast to respond in my experience, so I've never worried much about the activation limit.

There's no dongle option for Avenger, but if for some reason they'd opt to put it on dongle protection it'd be eLicenser instead of iLok. I think it's the only VPS plug that's not on eLicenser. IMO they were sensible to ditch the dongle protection. It's a big deterrent for new customers - the eLicenser in particular is likely to discourage people from trying it out because there are a lot fewer reasons to have an eLicenser compared to an iLok. I only have one because of Cubase, but I've avoided a number of very good plugins simply because I don't want an ilok in addition to the dongle that's already on my main machine, and I for one would hate having to move my eLicenser or buy an extra one just to use Avenger on my laptop.

Theoretically we're in the same boat, although on different ends. I always was a big hater of those activation thingis and considered hardware licencers as "holding out the tin cup" - money for nothing. Some people crack, legit customers have to pay, actually twice, with their money and the trouble.

Well on the other hand I'm working in the software development industry myself, even though I never felt the need to put an activation on an app I can 100% understand the need to protect your property, it translates directly into your business, your employees, the bread and butter of your own family, being able to pay the rent.

Now that I've gone through the trouble of (in total over 3,5 month) THREE new laptops / tablet pcs breaking within the first few weeks of use.. I was never happier about a thing than the new ilok I purchased at last. Once all my licences where on it I felt a big releave. This tiny piece of hardware now is worth more money than I ever possessed in my entire life at a single occurence. And I feel free to use any computer I want to make music. Sure, it could break too, but what can you do? The ilok-insurance, ok, well I'm in Germany and ilok is Murica, shipment takes a while. Probably gonna buy a new one the moment I notice something's off.

EDIT: I know what they cold do - give us the abillity to make an activation reset ourselfs. But that would cut iloks need to exists, I guess.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments