Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
hvyen
KVRist

85 posts since 15 Sep, 2008, from Germany

Postby hvyen; Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:36 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

:tu:
enCiphered
KVRist

63 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Postby enCiphered; Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:01 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

Hi,

when I first launch Avenger, I have to install the factory content.
A huge pop-up windows appears with the info "MISSING FACTORY LIBRARY", click next to proceed or use V-Manager to download the content.

When I click "next", a new window pops up with the message: download the factory content from http://www.vengeance-sound.com
This link (there is no hyperlink at all..) leads me directly to the main page of vengeance where there is absolutely no factory content to download.

There is another way to get to the content by selecting "use V-Manager to download the factory content.
I click on it and the next page shows a gear icon with a download option on the right side. When pressing this icon, avenger starts to download the content it seems.
But where???
There is no way to select the path where the content should be stored, nothing.
After waiting until the download finished, I searched my entire computer for this files but can´t find them.
I read the manual but couldn´t find any information about this issue.

In their FAQs I found the following information:
when you first start Avenger
...it asks me for the content file, right? No... VPS Avenger asks several questions, the first is, if you previously installed Avenger on this machine, and if the content is maybe installed already. If this is your first time, running VPS Avenger, this is not the case. Please press "next" for the Question, where your downloaded factory content file is located. Then VPS Avenger will start importing the factory library. It can be located anywhere on your drives.

Yes, indeed. It could be anywhere and it is.
Where?!
I hope soweone can help, I´ve never seen such weird behaviour for downloading a synth´s factory content.
Last edited by enCiphered on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
enCiphered
KVRist

Postby enCiphered; Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:01 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

I forgot to mention that I am on a windows machine, thanks.
sircuit
KVRist

459 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:39 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

Go to vps-avenger.com, log in (same user/pass as you used in V-manager), download the content and license file and follow the on-screen instruction.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
enCiphered
KVRist

Postby enCiphered; Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:53 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

Thanks, I will do that.
Do you have any idea where the V-manager could have downloaded the files as I stated above? I didn´t select a location but the files were downloaded
sircuit
KVRist

459 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:34 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

No, never used it. It was buggy when first released and I never used it since.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
hvyen
KVRist

85 posts since 15 Sep, 2008, from Germany

Postby hvyen; Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:42 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

Try searching for factory.avxp
msvs
KVRian

1132 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby msvs; Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:51 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

it downloads all data (factory content, expansions) on the correct location (Avengers Content Folder, as path it set and shown on the SYS Page)
100tifiko
KVRist

97 posts since 28 Jun, 2017

Postby 100tifiko; Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

Question any tips on how to do a random velocity on the drums.
jmg8
KVRAF

1631 posts since 8 Jul, 2015, from UK

Postby jmg8; Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

100tifiko wrote:Question any tips on how to do a random velocity on the drums.

It's not possible I don't think.
However, velocity normally modulates volume. So you would get the same effect by attaching a random modulator to the volume parameter in the drum mixer.
i7/16gb/win10,64bit/Live9/MTotal. + Surface Pro 4 (i5)
enCiphered
KVRist

Postby enCiphered; Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:01 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

I have to report two issues I found after playing the first days with avenger and hope that someone can help to fix them.

I´m working on some projects with chord progressions and I programm the step sequencer to play a groove. I loop some regions to adjust and audition the rhythm and after a while, the sequence starts to change and is out of time. I close the project, re-start and everything is fine again. After a while, the same thing happens. The step sequencer is extremely unstable, I didn´t try the arpeggiator yet.

The second thing is, that avenger goes out of tune after a few playbacks in my DAW.
I don´t know what happens, but the chord progressions in the projects are completely off pitch (after some time).
When I close and reopen the project everything is fine but the issue comes back again.

I am on a windows 10, 64bit pc working with the latest Cubase Pro 9 version.
First I thought it might be a problem within my DAW and replaced all the tracks of avenger with several other synths, without the slightest issue.

I hope you guys can help me find out whats going on there.. thanks
msvs
KVRian

1132 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby msvs; Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:39 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

there are no such problems reported. And I did not encounter them either. Please send us a preset with the description which note to press and how long
enCiphered
KVRist

Postby enCiphered; Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

msvs wrote:there are no such problems reported. And I did not encounter them either. Please send us a preset with the description which note to press and how long

Hello,
thanks for your reply.
I sent you a video which showcases every issue in my post and included the preset I used in the project.
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

2330 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:04 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.3.5 update with new features

80's Synthwave... lovely to hear something (mostly) non EDM. The drums in particular sound great for that 1983-1987 sort of period. Feel morally obliged to buy this one!

As and when a new analogue filter gets added, would be great to do a 80's Synthwave 2 which can focus more on the earlier analogue sounds, and throw in some of those great early analogue drum machines too. But this definitely sounds like a very-nice-to-have.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments