The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
ATS
KVRAF

5685 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA
Bansaw wrote:Got hold of Retrowave 80s expansion pack for Avenger a few weeks ago. Been getting to know it and produced four music sketches.

awesome! gonna get this one for sure.

edit: bought your preset bank, well worth it for $20! A+
ATS
KVRAF

5685 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

guy seems really cool. I love the synth too.
hvyen
KVRist

98 posts since 15 Sep, 2008, from Germany

Exactly the same as what I think!
Bansaw
KVRist

310 posts since 19 Aug, 2008
ATS wrote:
Bansaw wrote:Got hold of Retrowave 80s expansion pack for Avenger a few weeks ago. Been getting to know it and produced four music sketches.

awesome! gonna get this one for sure.
edit: bought your preset bank, well worth it for $20! A+

Win10x64, i7-7700k, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD, 2TB, Reaper x64. Albion One, Avenger, Kontakt 5, Motu Ethno. | My feedback | Youtube channel |
My VPS Avenger Sapphire expansion | www.BansawCrown.com | My Freebies
godly
KVRian

775 posts since 22 May, 2013, from Gent, Belgium

can you set it public? only viewable for friends
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj
EnochLight
KVRian

922 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI
godly wrote:

can you set it public? only viewable for friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-udjFKGsw
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.2 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
Trice
KVRer

26 posts since 13 Nov, 2016
I can't open the shape/sample browser either by pressing tab or double clicking the name.. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
godly
KVRian

775 posts since 22 May, 2013, from Gent, Belgium
Trice wrote:I can't open the shape/sample browser either by pressing tab or double clicking the name.. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Works perfect here, version 1.3.6
What version are you on?
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj
Trice
KVRer

26 posts since 13 Nov, 2016
godly wrote:
Trice wrote:I can't open the shape/sample browser either by pressing tab or double clicking the name.. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Works perfect here, version 1.3.6
What version are you on?

Also running 1.3.6.
I'm not entirely sure but I think I pressed the "x" when I last managed to open the browser..

Edit: Solved by removing cache/config.
MasterTuner
KVRer

18 posts since 30 May, 2018
In Avenger, is it possible to have an Arp note trigger a unique drum sample in the Drum Sequencer?

I want to put a long note in my Piano Roll, lets say on the D key, and have an Arp in Avenger transform that into something like D - E - D - G - A - F for example and then feed that to the Drum section.

Basically, what I am looking to do is make creative drum fills via the Arp, and do this by feeding one long note (lets say a bar in length) to the Arp and have the Arp trigger different drum samples in the Drum Seq.
msvs
KVRian

1159 posts since 18 Apr, 2011
no, you have the DrumSQ for that. Play a long note in your DAW and instead of Arp notes, use the DrumSQ notes
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

759 posts since 20 Oct, 2014
Hi msvs,

Avenger 1.36 is a bit more stable than 1.35, but still crashes regularly on macos, on 2 different machines, one mac book pro late 2013 and a core i7 hackintosh.

I many times reported this to Rene, maybe you could force it even more? I mean, your plugin is awesome as you know, but with that "stability" it is a mess, IMHO not production ready.

I am a bit tired about those crashes. I think you need to debug more accurate on macos.

It also is not able to load sometimes, if you reload the same song simply. Something fishy is going on. Please fix it, thanks.
msvs
KVRian

1159 posts since 18 Apr, 2011
Rene said, he didnt hear from you? Could you please send a creash report of 1.3.6 to him? He is not aware of a crash of this kind
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

759 posts since 20 Oct, 2014
msvs wrote:Rene said, he didnt hear from you? Could you please send a creash report of 1.3.6 to him? He is not aware of a crash of this kind

The problem is that there are no logs about the crashes at all in my DAW and also not by the system. The DAW usually just freezes, or suddenly quits with Avenger. So all I could report I already did report to Rene :(

That's why maybe you could test it on more machines, and then do automatic stress tests, like quickly browsing different presets, open and close the gui many times, creating and deleting instances. Because if you then run a debug build with the debugger in the background, you would get very detailed info about the crash and even the code position where it happens. You also could send me a debug build and tell me what to do.

I can say it happens on two machines like every hour in a working session, if I only open/close the gui and working on the sound, and it will happen more often, if I load and delete Avenger instances, e.g. song releasing / loading. Both systems running macos 10.13, but was the same on 10.12.

Also what I know is that the crashes appear in all DAWs here, and Bitwig seems to generate a crash log with some cryptic addresses at least, saved in its config dir. But I still am working with Renoise, which usually generates very pretty logs, only not if it was force quitted.

Last time I also had a preset that randomly emitted loud noise randomly (for the first time) in Avenger, like a copyprotection is kicking in without any cause. Did not happen then again.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments