Sytrus is back!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sytrus

kmonkey wrote:
chk071 wrote:I remember that Scott actually wrote somewhere here that he is "taking a break". Which is open to interpretations. ;)
I do not buy it. He said it likely to calm down a lot of people which hated gol for it's appearance in public. I did not like him but he is coding genius - no doubt.
If you check the IL forums in particular, you will notice that a whole host of things that would "never happen" have suddenly made it on the FL 13 To-Do list.

gol made some wicked plugins and FL is great in most areas, but as posted above, his unwillingness to deal with feature requests/suggestions and inability to understand why people were asking for features (like MIDI support for god's sake) was holding FL back in so many areas. Quite often he simply didn't understand the request, like time signatures; if you remember the mammoth thread, it turned out he didn't know what time signatures were, but dismissed them as "not needed" anyway. It wasn't how he dealt with dumb questions, it was how he dealt with things he didn't understand that sucked.

So for all that gol can be a funny guy and has coded some cool stuff, I think a period of absence can only do FL good.

IMO gol's "taking a break" was probably gol's decision and not Image Line's. I think it may have been caused by working so long at something that he didn't feel was his major interest. There was an interview with him not too long ago dealing with FL Studio's influence on hip hop. To be fair I thought the article was rather biased. I am an FL Studio user though not a hip hop producer, and I thought the article over-rated the influence of hip hop on FL Studio. As I recall back when it was fruity loops the major complaint was thinking FL Studio was only a tool for creating trance or techno mostly. The one thing in the interview that stuck in my mind was that gol indicated that his primary programming interests were in games mostly, music not so much. FL Studio's been around quite a while now and gol had been the sole FL Studio developer for the vast majority of that time. I wonder if he didn't reevaluate where his life's goal's were, and if he didn't "take a break" to follow his dreams? Also, I'm quite sure he's a full Image Line partner. He's still with them even if he's not physically there. This is of course only my guess and not based on any insider knowledge whatsoever.
Last edited by omac on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah I live in hope but IL seem to have lost interest in Mac development.
It was last updated on July 15, 2016:

http://www.flproducer.com/tag/mac/

As for the new Sytrus GUI... My opinion is that it's too dark, low contrast, and flat.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:As for the new Sytrus GUI... My opinion is that it's too dark, low contrast
And I always thought of you as an Industral fan

Although I know and love the synth made Imageline, it feels much the inconveniences of the LFO. :dog:

Numanoid wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:As for the new Sytrus GUI... My opinion is that it's too dark, low contrast
And I always thought of you as an Industral fan
I don't know... I'm more interested in industrial-influenced stuff than outright industrial. I don't see the new design as industrial either. If it was hard core industrial, wouldn't it look all photorealistic broken electronics, heavy machinery, and noisy found objects? :D
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Is it available as an update outside of FL? I have synth with no FL. Thank you.

Astralv wrote:Is it available as an update outside of FL? I have synth with no FL. Thank you.
Not yet

Yea, most visible improvement in 12.3 is Sytrus and I will be using it more now that it looks OK, but I am happy with several of the things they did recently. i.e. midi through

nineofkings wrote:Design in general is moving toward flatter, less shaded looks at least partly because of the variety of devices people are viewing graphics on. It has to make sense and be uncluttered even on a little phone screen.
Just upgraded to Word 2016

Man, does that look flat :(

Oh man are they taking their time with the vst version ..... :(

robotmonkey wrote:It looks absolutely horrible. Like those VST plugins from 1990's with no GUI at all.

yeah but the old one was REALLY bad, this is a HUGE improvement in every sense of the word.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

You can download the beta of the scalable/vectorial VST version of Sytrus here.

Other plugins that received the vectorial treatement (by Miro) are :
  • Autogun
    vocodex
    slicex
    ogun
    maximus
    juicepack
    harmor
    harmless
    grossbeat
    edison
    drumsynthlive
All installers come with our MiniHost so can be run as standalone synths as well :
VectorialVSTs(mini).jpg
Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JMC on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

W00t
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Windows still :(

Return to “Instruments”