What hardware are you missing in software?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another one of those crap hardware-will-always-be-better-than-software threads :dog: :x

It's like being unable to come to terms with that your team has lost.

Get over it, software is better :borg:

I've honestly been wanting for a decent "west-coast" complex oscillator with triangle-core operation, soft sync, and a good analog-modeled wavefolder to run it through. Thankfully, Softube Modular with the Rubicon, mu-Fold and Korgasmatron is really living up to the promise of a true software version. It's not just a good, perfect sound without digital artifacts, it has all of the analog artifacts as well.

So right now I'm not really wanting of anything.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:I've honestly been wanting for a decent "west-coast" complex oscillator with triangle-core operation, soft sync, and a good analog-modeled wavefolder to run it through.
What happened to wanting the MT-32 ?

FTR I don't think everyone who argues there's something missing in software is saying hardware is better.

It's just that, while analog hardware has behavior that's unique and elusive, there's gonna be a market for another emulation.

These are synths that I previously owned and would love to get software versions of:

Roland Alpha Juno... there is a unique sound character to it.

Alesis Andromeda... I loved this beast when I had it.

Yamaha EX5 (that could load the original's patch libraries)... still have the EX5r, but it is such a pain to work with. There are tons of free sound libraries available.

Yamaha AN1x (that could load the original's patch libraries)... it had a lovely and unique sound.

Waldorf Microwave XT (that could load the original's patch libraries)... wonderful unique sound

Waldorf Q (that could load the original's patch libraries)...

Roland JP8080 (that could load the original's patch libraries)...

I sold off most of these synths when I quit creating music about 10 years go and still have tons of patches for them.

Going with the original question:

1) my Virus TI2 (just the best thing ever for pads IMO)
2) My DS tetra (identical engine to mophoX4) Has a sound to it i have never heard with any of my soft synths
3) The Alesis Andromeda (wish i could afford one)

Numanoid wrote:
Sendy wrote:I've honestly been wanting for a decent "west-coast" complex oscillator with triangle-core operation, soft sync, and a good analog-modeled wavefolder to run it through.
What happened to wanting the MT-32 ?
I'd completely forgotten about it, but I would be totally down for that, it had a really weird sound. I remember getting a lot of weird artifacts out of it, messing around with extreme pitches, vibrato, reverb, and the "soundtrack" preset is one of my favourite presets ever.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

SayersWeb wrote:These are synths that I previously owned and would love to get software versions of:

For this, there's ReDominator.
Image Image Image Image

I miss the extreme innovation of hardware, ITB offers limitless levels of ability, yet nothing besides the DAW itself and maybe Melodynes DNA has innovated hugely in the mainstream.
Think of the impact FM/PD had or the impact of Sampling or wavesequencing.
We need more forward thinking and less "Lets redo that"
Duh

sprnva wrote:
SayersWeb wrote:These are synths that I previously owned and would love to get software versions of:

Thank you! I will check it out... hoping the chorus sounds like the original.

8)
Last edited by goldenanalog on Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Korg Z1

sprnva wrote:

Yep - the ReDominator does a really good emulation of the Alpha Juno.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Sendy wrote:I've honestly been wanting for a decent "west-coast" complex oscillator with triangle-core operation, soft sync, and a good analog-modeled wavefolder to run it through. Thankfully, Softube Modular with the Rubicon, mu-Fold and Korgasmatron is really living up to the promise of a true software version. It's not just a good, perfect sound without digital artifacts, it has all of the analog artifacts as well.

So right now I'm not really wanting of anything.

really ? now i have to try it but i have doubts it will stop my lust for the real deal :D
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Return to “Instruments”