How do I make wavetables for Dune2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Thank you everyone for the input much appreciated!

Regards

Surreal

Audio-Term's wavetable editor was made for Komplexer years ago. This means it's limited to Komplexer's sort of wavetables. I can't imagine that this is of any use for newer wt synths. The export formats only exist in case that someone switches from Komplexer to another wt synth and want's to reuse his old wavetables. But it's will not work as converter, which has technical and legal reasons.

Thanks for the Clarification! I still think your Audio Term is cool... whish for a version 2 of it though!

Regards

I tried Audio Term and it can do only 64 partials wavetable. Means - no possible to make waves with lot of high end content. It's has kinda shallow range of harmonics. You'll have to mix it with some other stuff which will add high end. The good wavetable needs 512 or more partials.

But it's still can be used for manipulation with like "low/mid" range of the wave. So if you can do layered instruments it's worthy to try. For example create unique movement in the lows/mids for the pads.
Subscribe me. I need folowers.
SoundCloud / Youtube / some music

I need a clear video tutorial how to use audio term to make dune2 wavetables. I saw a video once but it isnt so clear. Can someone make a step by step?

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

<delete>

<delete>

Mark from the Synapse forums made a waveform/wavetable creator for DUNE 2 that works really well. He's probably the best person to discuss D2 Wavetables. There is also a tool from Synapse that allows you to stitch wavs together to make a table but I don't think it was ever officially released. Perhaps with a little encouragement they could be persuaded to release the tool.

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =3&t=12108
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

They wont release it, its too basic. D3 will come with a WT editor.

Marks one is limted to X number of wavs iirc, i never got round to trying it tho as i have the other one. I think you can create your own waveforms from scratch tho, which is useful.

Teksonik wrote:Mark from the Synapse forums made a waveform/wavetable creator for DUNE 2 that works really well.

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =3&t=12108
That link is for his WTs, not the app.

Its here

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=436540&start=90

AnX wrote:They wont release it, its too basic. D3 will come with a WT editor.
You don't speak for Synapse. Can't hurt to ask since D3 is still a long way off....... :wink:
AnX wrote:i never got round to trying it tho
I have and it's a great tool for creating wave and tables. Certainly worth a mention if someone finds Waveterm too complicated.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
AnX wrote:They wont release it, its too basic. D3 will come with a WT editor.
You don't speak for Synapse. Can't hurt to ask since D3 is still a long way off....... :wink:
I can actually, as i have asked Rich several times and he gave the same answer i did. (and its win only right now) Ask him yourself if you're in any doubt.

I think I figured it out form the video. thanks.

Return to “Instruments”