K Brown Synth Bundle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Link to a folder of all the synths that have had their parameters named to make them DAW-automation friendly. I'll add to it as they get done.
Thanks to KnobTwiddler and bluesmoke for their help!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g6m0z81ie05f ... wt3ja?dl=0

Pad patch for the Rolend JP680. https://db.tt/vB9pgke0
:tu: All is good

A new one just added to the folder mentioned above:

tonus Explorer II, after the ARP Explorer - an obscure, limited, but fun little bugger.
tonus Exporer II.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, is there a download location which contains just the tested and working 'K Brown VSTi' or are they all still in development? Thanks ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Hi, is there a download location which contains just the tested and working 'K Brown VSTi' or are they all still in development? Thanks ...
See the post at the top of this page, there is a link there to the tested synths :wink:
:tu: All is good

DrewDale wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Hi, is there a download location which contains just the tested and working 'K Brown VSTi' or are they all still in development? Thanks ...
See the post at the top of this page, there is a link there to the tested synths :wink:
:dog: :dog: :dog:

Just added to the folder that will from now on contain all the new and/or param-named versions as they are done:

Insoniq EZQ-FM, based on the Ensoniq ESQ-1/SQ80, but with FM oscillators instead of the wavetable sets.
Insoniq EZQ-FM_copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

And here one that will fool absolutely nobody that's actually heard the real thing: Polly, based on the Polymoog. The Poly had such a unique sound, I only bothered with this because the Resonators were interesting and it had cool modulations.
Polly_copy.jpg

Since I'm still basically bed-ridden with a horrible cold I caught on the east coast:

Chorg 770DV, a dual-voice version of the odd little Korg 770.
Chorg 770DV_copy.jpg
Last edited by kevin brown on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malwarebytes says that this file has a flu virus. :P

Joke. Get well soon. :party:

Daft as it may seem, this time one based on another softy, not vintage hardware: Fuzzpilz Oatmeal.
I wanted to make something inspired by it's basic voice and modulation structure, but greatly simplified - without all the effects, arp, etc. Also with a filter based on the CS-80, rather than the one in Oatmeal, which always had me referring back to the manual to get to grips with how it's dual elements interacted. Because of it's greatly stripped-down nature it's called cutOats.
The oscillators use my three-knob mixable waveforms idea.

cutOats
cutOats_myOsc_copy.jpg

I'll probably get flamed for this one, but I did this from a place of great respect and admiration for Urs Heckman and his terrific creations. Unfortunately, my humble PCs could barely handle many of his synths. Since I'm a big fan of both the Roland System 101M and the ARP 2600 (both of which inspired the u-he ACE), I did an approximation of ACE with less CPU-intensive drop-down patching, and of course a less powerful internal synth engine. I just liked the concept, design and feature-set of ACE, so I created Joker. I threw in a couple of little tricks that ACE doesn't have, in partial compensation for the fact that the humble SM oscillators and filters can't hold a candle to u-he's custom coded stuff.

Be sure to click the 'Info' button at bottom-right for info on the 'hidden' functions, etc.
Joker_copy.jpg

these look great,thanks a lot.:)

I know that on this forum I am generally disliked and I am on the top of everyone's foe list,but I take some solace in the fact that I was the OP on this thread. It seems customary to thank posters for turning on the community to a link. I don't expect that to happen and it hasn't. I'm glad in some small way I helped K Brown's work get the attention it deserves.Mr.Brown thank you for your superlative work.

Thanks for starting the thread. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”