Next updates to u-he Bazille

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote:Module presets for ... Sequencer ... copy/paste
Wow that would be cool!

I never use the presets personally, but I remember thinking some of the sequences are awesome. The ability to carry them over to custom patches and freely route would be sweet!

when you buy a uhe product, just like NI or fxpansion, be sure you like it the way it is cause it may take months/years to be updated with new features.

bazille i just wish for a even higher quality settings that can be set just when rendering if needed to save cpu and modularity on the fx, this would have expended this synth so much.
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Synthetic Wav wrote:when you buy a uhe product, just like NI or fxpansion, be sure you like it the way it is cause it may take months/years to be updated with new features.
Hehe, sorry, but that's probably true for any software company. Implementing new features is quite the act, and it admittedly gets worse once a certain, hmmm, size (?) is reached :clown:

We have so much stuff that's "nearly finished", but we can't just put it out because once you move past the 10000 customers mark it needs to be *perfect*. Releasing something that was implemented in a haste (read: has possible defects, insufficient documentation whtsoever) can paralyse a company for a month, drowning it in support requests. So we need to make sure, once the newsletter hits the street, it'll just work.

I do have definite plans for some Make Noise and Mutable Instruments inspired West Coast stuff for Bazille. Which might mean opening up our modular mechanics for trigger signals. That however isn't done overnite - but if it happens it'll be good right from the start (can't wait till Repro-1 is out so I can boot my Shared System again).

Urs wrote:
Synthetic Wav wrote:when you buy a uhe product, just like NI or fxpansion, be sure you like it the way it is cause it may take months/years to be updated with new features.
Hehe, sorry, but that's probably true for any software company. Implementing new features is quite the act, and it admittedly gets worse once a certain, hmmm, size (?) is reached :clown:

We have so much stuff that's "nearly finished", but we can't just put it out because once you move past the 10000 customers mark it needs to be *perfect*. Releasing something that was implemented in a haste (read: has possible defects, insufficient documentation whtsoever) can paralyse a company for a month, drowning it in support requests. So we need to make sure, once the newsletter hits the street, it'll just work.

I do have definite plans for some Make Noise and Mutable Instruments inspired West Coast stuff for Bazille. Which might mean opening up our modular mechanics for trigger signals. That however isn't done overnite - but if it happens it'll be good right from the start (can't wait till Repro-1 is out so I can boot my Shared System again).
I wish more companies were like this. Have all your synths except Hive. Just never found a need for another Sylenth killer. LOL.

Anyway, keep up the great work.

Urs wrote:We have so much stuff that's "nearly finished", but we can't just put it out because once you move past the 10000 customers mark it needs to be *perfect*. Releasing something that was implemented in a haste (read: has possible defects, insufficient documentation whtsoever) can paralyse a company for a month, drowning it in support requests. So we need to make sure, once the newsletter hits the street, it'll just work.
All good points. Most customers probably never consider the issue from that perspective. My post wasn't accusing u-he of being a sloth, just simply asking whether any updates were in the offing in the near-term.
Urs wrote:Which might mean opening up our modular mechanics for trigger signals.
Yessssssss!
Urs wrote:but if it happens it'll be good right from the start
Yessssssss!

Btw, thank you Urs for personally participating in these threads. It's always a pleasure to hear from the lead dev him/herself for any beloved piece of software.

Synthetic Wav wrote:i just wish for a even higher quality settings
You must have one hell of a CPU...

themagicalkamja wrote:

What I don't get is why so many people that make music on their computer DON'T have one hell of a CPU, yet they spend a fortune on plugins.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

themagicalkamja wrote:
I don't... and I often run Bazille at 96khz

themagicalkamja wrote:
top i7 from 2 years old, maybe it s not that great for today i don t know..but i don t even how much bazille take cpu..so it s probably light comapred to the most cpu hungry plugins i have as bazille didn t disturb me yet on this computer, ( i bounce a lot too..)
but yeah a max quality setting that can also be set for non real time bounce just like diva could be a good feature even if bazille sound good already, in some case it might be slighty better.

Urs mentionned adding more east cost touch but it made me think it would be great to add this touch in Z3 , imagine if z3 could be a platerform with a similar workflow to z2 but where uhe could add modules, some new osc, filter ex..maybe not for free..and you could customize your Z3 the way you want it, that way..some would buy the supersaw osc, some the complex osc ect, some new filters....it would become the dream synth as you could customize it to your taste juste like a modular
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Synthetic Wav wrote:
themagicalkamja wrote:
top i7 from 2 years old, maybe it s not that great for today i don t know..but i don t even how much bazille take cpu..so it s probably light comapred to the most cpu hungry plugins i have as bazille didn t disturb me yet on this computer, ( i bounce a lot too..)
but yeah a max quality setting that can also be set for non real time bounce just like diva could be a good feature even if bazille sound good already, in some case it might be slighty better.

Urs mentionned adding more east cost touch but it made me think it would be great to add this touch in Z3 , imagine if z3 could be a platerform with a similar workflow to z2 but where uhe could add modules, some new osc, filter ex..maybe not for free..and you could customize your Z3 the way you want it, that way..some would buy the supersaw osc, some the complex osc ect, some new filters....it would become the dream synth as you could customize it to your taste juste like a modular

The top i7 from two years ago is a hell of a CPU :)
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Bazille is probably the most beautiful and pure soft synth ever made but it's right on the hairy edge of too much for an I5 intel already. Not sure what else it could possibly need. It would be nice to nail down the phantom cpu spikes that haunt the high quality settings and multi cpu settings in the u he stuff. That would be a blessing. Doesn't seem to bother the I7 crowd though. If it gets too much more It will be strictly a dedicated tower instrument.

Urs wrote: We have so much stuff that's "nearly finished", but we can't just put it out because once you move past the 10000 customers mark it needs to be *perfect*. Releasing something that was implemented in a haste (read: has possible defects, insufficient documentation whatsoever) can paralyse a company for a month, drowning it in support requests. So we need to make sure, once the newsletter hits the street, it'll just work.
Wisdom borne of pain, pays off, when it is not, repeated. ;) :tu:
Urs wrote:I do have definite plans for some Make Noise and Mutable Instruments inspired West Coast stuff for Bazille. Which might mean opening up our modular mechanics for trigger signals..
Brilliant... :hyper: "West Coast ~ inspired" 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Dasheesh wrote:Bazille is probably the most beautiful and pure soft synth ever made but it's right on the hairy edge of too much for an I5 intel already. Not sure what else it could possibly need.
Be interesting to have a second filter model... other than that, just some refinements for ease of use

I'd like to be able to enable a 'link' mode like Hive has... So Osc 1 & 2 plus filter 1 are mirrored on Osc 3 & 4 and filter 2

Also, copy paste of Osc's and presets for the ModMappers and Sequencer.

I spend a lot of time duplicating and redoing the modmappers and sequencer. The sequencer has 128 steps (16x8) so it takes a lot of time to duplicate a setup I like.

The sequencer could use an option to snap to 12 increments for modulating pitch.

One other small thing... I'd also like a tiny switch next to each of the 4 sequencer outputs that enabled/disabled rotate for that output.

pdxindy wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:Bazille is probably the most beautiful and pure soft synth ever made but it's right on the hairy edge of too much for an I5 intel already. Not sure what else it could possibly need.
Be interesting to have a second filter model... other than that, just some refinements for ease of use

I'd like to be able to enable a 'link' mode like Hive has... So Osc 1 & 2 plus filter 1 are mirrored on Osc 3 & 4 and filter 2

I spend a lot of time duplicating and redoing the modmappers and sequencer. The sequencer has 128 steps (16x8) so it takes a lot of time to duplicate a setup I like.

The sequencer could use an option to snap to 12 increments for modulating pitch.

One other small thing... I'd also like a tiny switch next to each of the 4 sequencer outputs that enabled/disabled rotate for that output.

I agree with all these. :tu: I am just cautious about messing with a good thing. In the words of dave smith "you can take these things as for as you want." In other words, define the instrument.

Dasheesh wrote:
pdxindy wrote: Be interesting to have a second filter model... other than that, just some refinements for ease of use

I agree with all these. :tu:
As do I, all cool ideas.

To the people who keep saying "What more could you possibly want from Bazille?": See? Anything can be improved upon with a little creativity :o :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”