Accusonus Regroover installation??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Regroover Pro

Hi all

We have just updated Regroover to v1.0.1. This hotfix solves a nasty bug the messed up MIDI looping for warped Layers. Also take a look at our our first tutorials:
Getting started:
https://youtu.be/KRI7PL_9O7Y
Guiding the SPLIT process
https://youtu.be/nEG7gjxIoQg

Cheers
Alex

I bought Regroover Pro.
Downloaded Essential 1.01, installed and activated on MacBook Pro.
Downloaded and installed 1.01 on Win10, but can not activate, account says 1 of 3 activations in use.

Why is Regroover not seen by for example Kore2, Vienna Ensemble Pro, neither x86 nor x64?? The .dll is definitely located in these Hosts scan path...

Not much talk about this plug in the forum.

But is it like ReCycle in a VST plug ?

Numanoid wrote:Not much talk about this plug in the forum.

But is it like ReCycle in a VST plug ?
Nope, look at the YT vids 3 posts up for an explanation.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

To install Regroover Essential a Registration code is necessary that has to be redeemed to get a license code. Unfortunately when I do that I do not get the license code and its easy to miss that a license code should have been sent via email. I understand the need to protect a products code but whatever system a software company uses needs to work. Contacting support staff to get a product to work because a code is missing or invalid is not acceptable. I generally do not deal with software companies that can't get their products to work without several detailed emails and the time required to create them.

alex@accusonus wrote:Drag'n'drop is supported for importing files, but not for exporting files yet. For the moment, there's the export menu that you can use for this.
sbj wrote: I like what it does, would like to see some improvements (for example drag and drop the layers to DAW directly; currently one can only save them as WAV files) but overall I am rather impressed! :)
Did they remove that feature in the Essentials version? Export is grayed out and I don't see anywhere the option to save individual wave files other than saving the whole thing as a Regroover project, which obviously isn't the same thing. I use the MIDI notes to bounce it to audio since that's the only way I could find.

It looks to me like Regroover Essential does not allow a layer to be saved as an individual file and for me its function is too limited. The Pro vesion has a save capability. Regroover is a one trick pony audio split utility that seems to be a performance related VST and not a real audio editor. For the cost, I think a person should get a drum machine like Geist2. Audacity is free, however Regroover isn't supported in Audacity. If they sold the Regroover Pro version for 29.95 then it might be worth it.

I use S1 so it's pretty easy to just make a MIDI region (the size of the drum region), place a MIDI note at C3 to trigger Regroover, bounce it, then move the MIDI note up to C#3, etc. and repeat. Or do all 4 MIDI regions and bounce. Goes pretty quickly but I would prefer dragging the layers into the DAW or at the very least, export them from Regroover. As an alternative you could also record them back into the DAW.

I don't feel the upgrade price is worth it for just that export feature, since I would never be using the other Pro features (pads, creating kit, etc).

Installed Essentials on Live, the program is listed in win explorer but can't get it to appear in my plugs list even after a forced rescan.

Have tried installing it to my chosen folder, nothing visible, tried the default install path and then moved to vst folder but nothing showing.

Any ideas as to how to get this working?

shonky,

I had this issue when I initially installed just the 64 bit vst version and not the aax file too. So, I tried again, installing both, and Regroover now shows in my Plug-ins list.

brijawi wrote:shonky,

I had this issue when I initially installed just the 64 bit vst version and not the aax file too. So, I tried again, installing both, and Regroover now shows in my Plug-ins list.
Thanks, will give that a try

oravendi wrote:It looks to me like Regroover Essential does not allow a layer to be saved as an individual file and for me its function is too limited. The Pro vesion has a save capability. Regroover is a one trick pony audio split utility that seems to be a performance related VST and not a real audio editor. For the cost, I think a person should get a drum machine like Geist2. Audacity is free, however Regroover isn't supported in Audacity. If they sold the Regroover Pro version for 29.95 then it might be worth it.
It does not. If you really need to split parts out you can just mute the layers that you don't want and record into your DAW. It's not convenient, but not impossible.

For me, this would be much more useful as a feature in my DAW and I expect that will happen in the not too distant future as there has been a lot of research on source separation in the last few years. I just want to right click a loop and select "separate sources to new tracks" and be done. It's awkward as a plugin and, for me at least, not the right vehicle to work with source separation, but probably the right vehicle to monetize it, hence, the free teaser software with the $100 upgrade cost.

Return to “Instruments”