Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

I'm absolutely loving this synth, but I just wanted to chime in that I'd sure love it if Synapse added a clock sync to OSC 3 when it was in "lo" mode (and to be greedy, a second dedicated LFO ala the Model D reissue) and the ability to sync at least one of the OSCs like Diva's Model D module does.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:I'm absolutely loving this synth, but I just wanted to chime in that I'd sure love it if Synapse added a clock sync to OSC 3 when it was in "lo" mode (and to be greedy, a second dedicated LFO ala the Model D reissue) and the ability to sync at least one of the OSCs like Diva's Model D module does.
I think those features would be doable (except the dedicated LFO, which would require a GUI rework and there are limitations in this aspect in the RE version, and, you know, the VST and RE versions should remain the same).

Using The Legend is an absolute dream with Bigwig 2....25 different types of modulator (much more than just LFO!) that can be very simply applied to just about anything :-) Give it a go, there is a free demo, too much fun!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yorrrrrr wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:I'm absolutely loving this synth, but I just wanted to chime in that I'd sure love it if Synapse added a clock sync to OSC 3 when it was in "lo" mode (and to be greedy, a second dedicated LFO ala the Model D reissue) and the ability to sync at least one of the OSCs like Diva's Model D module does.
I think those features would be doable (except the dedicated LFO, which would require a GUI rework and there are limitations in this aspect in the RE version, and, you know, the VST and RE versions should remain the same).
True, though you might get away with hiding it on the "back" screen to save UI rework, and just have some sort of small "light-knob" next to parameters to let you enable it. The light could vary intensity based on how it was changing the selected parameter. There's plenty of space in the UI for that. I'd tuck it right in the upper left corner next to the knobs.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I'm playing with the demo in Ableton but can't get any of the controls to show up in my Push screen. Can't map them using ctrl-m and clicking on a parameter. I have no issues mapping the controls with other demos like Monark. And the mapping works with all my VSTs that I own.

Does Legend not support this or is it just a demo issue?

It seems the plugin(demo version) doesn't receive Midi CC32 from my Novation MKII Sl. And it's not a Midi Learn issue, because the red light midi indicator doesn't fire when I send cc32 to plugin.

You mean Bank Select LSB? That CC# is not implemented concerning the Implementation Chart in the manual.

If you're meaning CC64 (sustain), this is also NOT implemented.

Chris-S wrote:You mean Bank Select LSB? That CC# is not implemented concerning the Implementation Chart in the manual.
Thank you, I haven't read the manual yet.)

Great post Yor'

Now just waiting on the Behringer MiniMoog Model D shootouts ;)

Sorry, I didn't follow this synth so far, but I own DUNE and DUNE 2 and love 'em.

They switched from simple serial activation to C/R for The Legend as the manual says?

Still so impressed by the Monark and Legend. I consider Diva a bit of a different kind of synth. Not strictly an emulation, but more of a frankensynth with modules which "come close".

e@rs wrote:Sorry, I didn't follow this synth so far, but I own DUNE and DUNE 2 and love 'em.

They switched from simple serial activation to C/R for The Legend as the manual says?

The login seems different little bit?! I remember there are two activations for the Legend I already did but can't find them now. It asks me for the challenge code for the offline activation! I don't have such challenge code! I only have the serial number that I registered of course some time ago to be able to authorize the Legend ..etc. Maybe when I activate online the Legend (from within my DAW), it gave me a challenge code that I ignored?

I don't know! It is better to ask the support I think. The Legend still works normally on my two machines, so I won't be bothered till they stop working, or I need to deactivate/activate old/new machine.

^ :lol: You managed to confuse me even more...

:lol:

I thought to answer (2) activations only, but I went to login to be sure, and then became confused when I saw the 'offline activation' and its challenge code! Maybe it is a new thing!

Anyway, I bought it full price on my birthday (5th Feb). I know how to get a gift for myself! :hihi: So, it is about 2 months ago. I still love it and it is on the same level with RePro~1 for me. Those two are the best I heard in analog emulations and I'm very happy to have them both.

Buy it! Don't think a second about it!

Return to “Instruments”