Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Stefken
KVRist

251 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Postby Stefken; Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:58 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

So howcome Moog are still in business and Arp are out of business? .

Both Moog and Arp are legends and deserve their place.
But ARP is out of business because of serious mismanagement. Not for technical or musical reasons.
Richard_Synapse
KVRian

807 posts since 19 Dec, 2010

Postby Richard_Synapse; Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:51 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

DuX wrote:This +10 at least. :tu: Just a simple on/off button would be absolutely appreciated. Many of us still use ancient MIDI controllers and the CC74 has always been associated with the filter cutoff which we all like and use quite often. Changing that behaviour is a real no-no. But to keep the Legend compatible with the more contemporary users, have the MPE option available for them. I don't think that's so complicated, eh? :)

CC74 does work like before, the MPE version is only used if the Timbre (CC74) source is used in the Performance matrix on the back panel. So it works automatic.

It it just that the initial v1.2 release had a glitch such that CC74 for MPE was always active. We have already fixed this and replaced the installers.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com
surreal
KVRian

732 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Postby surreal; Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:46 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

And the sustain pedal issue Richard? Is there a fix for that yet,
EvilDragon
KVRAF

15805 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

It's not an issue/bug/fix needed when the feature doesn't exist. It's a feature request. ;)
surreal
KVRian

Postby surreal; Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:48 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

EvilDragon wrote:It's not an issue/bug/fix needed when the feature doesn't exist. It's a feature request. ;)

True but I never referd to it as a bug... it is an enhancement asked... :wink:
surreal
KVRian

Postby surreal; Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:51 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I don't use my sustain pedal when playing Legend patches but a plugin should respond to Sustain Pedal CC#64 for those people who do wish to use their pedals.

I can't believe this was an oversight by Synapse since it's such a common control but I also can't imagine any logical reason for intentionally leaving it out since Legend does include features not found in the hardware. Perhaps there is a technical reason but again I can't imagine what it could be.

It's not a technical reason, just that a Sustain Pedal is not part of the original hardware. Initially we started with just that, a "hardcore" emulation strictly limited to the hardware. During development, quite a few extras were added. And now that we expanded The Legend v1.2 with performance parameters like Aftertouch, Foot, Expression pedal etc, I agree it makes sense to include the sustain pedal as well. :)

Richard

Just a gentle reminder :tu:
surreal
KVRian

Postby surreal; Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:56 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

surreal wrote:And the sustain pedal future request Richard? Is there an implementation for that yet,

Change that just for you ED... now we can all have a nice realaxing Saturday!! :tu: :party: :lol:
Mutant
KVRAF

3288 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:23 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

EvilDragon wrote:It's not an issue/bug/fix needed when the feature doesn't exist. It's a feature request. ;)

Yes and no.
We are talking about a plugin which we expect to respond to MIDI messages.
Would it be JUST a feature request if the plugin didn't respond to ANY MIDI messages including note ons and offs ? :)

"A feature request please: Make the plugin do something when i press keys on my MIDI controller keyboard." ;)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
Richard_Synapse
KVRian

807 posts since 19 Dec, 2010

Postby Richard_Synapse; Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

We updated the registered version of The Legend to v1.21 today, adding support for the Sustain pedal.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com
EvilDragon
KVRAF

15805 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:21 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Thank you!

And thank you for doing it right when playing legato trills with more than one key held down! This dragon is stoked :)
DuX
KVRAF

3587 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:41 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Holy bananas! You and u-he have changed my perception of ITB plugins. :D

I still think my hardware is very useful, but ITB plugins do complement it very well now. Good times! :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

5697 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:25 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Still no word on having the full pitch bend range of the mpe spec? Can’t use in Bitwig without it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
surreal
KVRian

Postby surreal; Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Richard_Synapse wrote:We updated the registered version of The Legend to v1.21 today, adding support for the Sustain pedal.

Richard

Thank you very much Richard 8)
surreal
KVRian

Postby surreal; Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Richard_Synapse wrote:We updated the registered version of The Legend to v1.21 today, adding support for the Sustain pedal.

Richard

Thank you very much Richard 8)
redlester
KVRer

6 posts since 30 Jan, 2018

Postby redlester; Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:28 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

BONES wrote:
v1o wrote:I started going to see bands in 1979 and I have never, ever seen a MiniMoog on stage

I saw Yes at Wembley Arena in 1976 (Going For The One) and 1978 (Tormato), both when Wakeman was still with them, so am guessing I would have been in the presence of a MiniMoog (or two) without realising it at the time. Also, would Kraftwerk have been using them on the Computer World tour (1981)?

(...awaits someone with an equipment list for those tours to pipe up) :hihi:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments