Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Radio : Air. Play.

Use Radio as a plugin within your DAW when you are feeling creative. Radio records the last 30 seconds of any streamed material. Once you hear something you like, select it, save it and drag it into your DAW. Finding new samples to inspire your music has never been done like this before!

The onboard FX section lends Radio the authentic air of real consumer equipment, with 24 processors to make your feed sound like it's coming through a genuine tube radio speaker, car stereo, phone or another device.

Radio stations focus on diversity, which will keep you coming back for new inspirational material.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
Dullee
KVRist

49 posts since 9 Mar, 2018

Postby Dullee; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:04 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Couple of vintage synth emulations

Just one. Legend was the firstborn from that "couple". Now we need to find out who's the junior :D
Dullee
KVRist

Postby Dullee; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Ah, so I found that Gearslutz thread. And I read this

Memorymoog is unlikely to be next, because the MIDI kit still needs to be installed, and probably some other minor work needs to be done.

Anyway we have an OB-Xa here now, fully recapped/refurbished, sounds really amazing

Richard

Yes, yes, yes! OB-Xa. Richard, do it. I'm like, I already bought it :)
Last edited by Dullee on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnX
KVRAF

2553 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:13 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Actually yes, thats quite likely. They already put an obie filter in the last D2 update, xpander i think.
recursive one
KVRAF

3310 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:33 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Aren't there at least three alternative emulations of this hardware, one of them being free?
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...
Dullee
KVRist

Postby Dullee; Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:35 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

That said pretty much those synths, i.e. the Memorymoog, Jupiter-8, Elka Synthex, Oberheim OB-XA and Prophet-600 (with the Gligli upgrade) are our favorites for future emulations. CS-80 too, though its weight, scarcity and complexity makes it less likely and less practical to emulate.

Richard

FWIW, my money is where you future emulation favorites lie.

Especially CS-80, Synthex and OB-Xa considerations. Considering The Legend quality, no brainer.

Aren't there at least three alternative emulations of this hardware, one of them being free?

None that could match Synapse quality, I imagine.
AnX
KVRAF

Postby AnX; Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:35 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

recursive one wrote:Aren't there at least three alternative emulations of this hardware, one of them being free?

I think they are OB X, not OB Xa.
AnX
KVRAF

Postby AnX; Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:41 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

chk071
KVRAF

15141 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:41 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

An Oberheim emu would be great. :tu: Thought Richard mentioned once that it wouldn't happen though. I could be wrong.
recursive one
KVRAF

3310 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:46 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

AnX wrote:
recursive one wrote:Aren't there at least three alternative emulations of this hardware, one of them being free?

I think they are OB X, not OB Xa.

I see. Never owned either of them, for me the differences between OB-X and OB-Xa seem minor but I guess they may be important for those who aculally own or have owned the original synths.
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...
Dullee
KVRist

Postby Dullee; Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:54 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

the differences between OB-X and OB-Xa seem minor

Richard mentioned it

I took a closer look at both, I'd expect them to sound rather similar, in certain aspects identical (both use the same env chips for instance). The interface is almost identical as well. At a quick glance it seems the OB-X has the extra XMOD whereas the OB-XA has the 4-pole filter in addition to the 2-pole filter, both useful.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

11081 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:16 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

nichttuntun wrote:Hi. interesting positions. Maybe I share my experience as a person who is practicing meditation for several years.

I experienced that the only thing the eye is able to see is form and colour. The only thing the ear is able to hear is sonic waves. Everything else is made up by the mind based on trained concepts. To make it simple. It's all an illusion. :D Due to this fact nearly no-one is able to see and hear thins as they really are. We see and hear concepts and we decide whether we like or dislike them on the base of preferences.

Indeed, at the end of the day it is about the - not seldom emotional - interpretation of boring, physical waves, be it light or sound.
Still, since humans are basically the same inside, they hear and see things in almost identical ways (despite exceptions such as color-blindness). And it's important because human society would be chaos without those unwritten biological standards, communication would be severely limited. It would be as if everyone would attribute a different meaning to the same word. Nobody would know what someone else actually wants to say, despite using known words.
olikana
KVRian

865 posts since 26 Jul, 2009

Postby olikana; Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

instead of a new synth I'd like a Legend XL.

adding:

PW/PWM
Sync
dedicated LFO
Pitch ENV (or OSC 1/2/3 to Filter ENV)
HP filter
Ring Mod

and maybe a couple more FX and ARP.
EnGee
KVRAF

4407 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from NZ

Postby EnGee; Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:51 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

OBXa is a great choice :tu:

I also think of Korg MS-20! The hardware Is affordable and there is no a proper emulation for it (Korg's one is nice sounding but not very near to the real one). Korg, it seems, won't update the current one (not the GUI or sound), so an emulation by SA is going to be a hit :)

Win 10 Ryzen 5 1600x PC with Reason 10, Cubase 9 Pro, FL Studio 12 & Reaper 5, nektar P4, Casio PX-5S, AudioBox iTwo and Yamaha HS7
nichttuntun
KVRist

184 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:23 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

olikana wrote:instead of a new synth I'd like a Legend XL.

adding:

PW/PWM
Sync
dedicated LFO
Pitch ENV (or OSC 1/2/3 to Filter ENV)
HP filter
Ring Mod

and maybe a couple more FX and ARP.

Yes...than you would have something like a WALDORF PULSE :hihi:
Yes...totally agree :hug: That would be great!

EnGee wrote:OBXa is a great choice :tu:

I also think of Korg MS-20! The hardware Is affordable and there is no a proper emulation for it (Korg's one is nice sounding but not very near to the real one). Korg, it seems, won't update the current one (not the GUI or sound), so an emulation by SA is going to be a hit :)

I got the MS-20 (mini) Hardware version and it is great. I also got DIVA and the emulation of the MS-20 is nowwhere near the original unit. BUT exactly that is the great thing about DIVA here because it sounds totally special...a kind of its own and it screws further towards a very own style of sound-design. Love this machine and all the combination options.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16015 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:26 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Diva's MS-20 is pretty darn good, but you don't get the patch points.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments