Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

11266 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:25 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

v1o wrote:Scientists don’t think humans all see colours the same. What you see as red I might see as blue, we just call them the same name because of what we learned growing up. The problem is it’s impossible to get inside another humans head and see the world from their eyes.

https://www.livescience.com/21275-color ... tists.html

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=719

I mean it like it is explained in answer 4 of your second link:

Colors are defined by wavelengths, and when there is an apple that reflects red light, that is what everyone sees, no matter what they call that color or what it actually "looks like" in their heads.
Obviously the human mind is rather imaginative and converts something as simple as light of a certain wavelength into a concept of color. Add to that all the emotional associations.
One problem in this discussion is that color can mean different things, in the other link for instance it is used both for the perception of wavelengths (what we think we see and refer to with words) and for the wavelengths themselves, i.e. the merely physical definitions.

With hearing things are a bit simpler, I think. For instance, what aspect of sound would people with defect hearing confuse or ignore (like color blind people do)?
wagtunes
KVRAF

11428 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

fluffy_little_something wrote:
v1o wrote:Scientists don’t think humans all see colours the same. What you see as red I might see as blue, we just call them the same name because of what we learned growing up. The problem is it’s impossible to get inside another humans head and see the world from their eyes.

https://www.livescience.com/21275-color ... tists.html

I mean it like it is explained in answer 4 of your second link:

Colors are defined by wavelengths, and when there is an apple that reflects red light, that is what everyone sees, no matter what they call that color or what it actually "looks like" in their heads.
Obviously the human mind is rather imaginative and converts something as simple as light of a certain wavelength into a concept of color. Add to that all the emotional associations.
One problem in this discussion is that color can mean different things, in the other link for instance it is used both for the perception of wavelengths (what we think we see and refer to with words) and for the wavelengths themselves, i.e. the merely physical definitions.

With hearing things are a bit simpler, I think. For instance, what aspect of sound would people with defect hearing confuse or ignore (like color blind people do)?

The most common is upper frequencies because that's the first thing to go. So when I did this one song and somebody said to me "Dude, the cymbals are way too harsh and need to be EQ'd" I didn't hear it because I don't hear upper frequencies. So now I have to make a conscientious effort to simply EQ cymbals even though I can't hear how harsh they are.

None of that, of course, has anything to do with whether or not somebody likes the harsh sound of cymbals.
nichttuntun
KVRist

201 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:51 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

wagtunes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:https://knowledgenuts.com/2016/03/31/why-everyone-hears-the-same-sounds-differently/

..."it has at least something to do with the way our skulls are shaped, and the variations in individual bone structures likely has something to do with why we hear the same noise in a slightly different way".

Saying we all hear the same is like saying we can all run the same speed because we all have legs.

Anyway WTF does this have to with The Legend ?

Oh now I've gone and done it.....I've joined the loony bin....... :dog:

Now you know how I feel.

No One ever will have the slightes chances to know that. I think that position became clear in the discussion :hug: :D :D :D :hug:
Mutant
KVRAF

3300 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:25 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Can we please stop the human perception offtopic now ?

Back to The Legend.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
nichttuntun
KVRist

201 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:01 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Mutant wrote:Can we please stop the human perception offtopic now ?

Back to The Legend.

Yes yes. It's possible. Please do go on :hihi:

Beside that off-topic discussion. Maybe some get a feeling now for how obsolete some general discussions about "better than...xyz" and the likes are. It could help to keep threads in KVR a tiny little more direct to the topic in the future.
v1o
KVRian

1016 posts since 1 Oct, 2004

Postby v1o; Tue May 01, 2018 4:02 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Mutant wrote:Can we please stop the human perception offtopic now ?

Back to The Legend.

https://youtu.be/GcgzuXShWTw
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2
Mutant
KVRAF

3300 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Tue May 01, 2018 9:55 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Very nice. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16197 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue May 01, 2018 10:09 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Now THAT is what I call proper return to the topic. :D
Yorrrrrr
KVRian

655 posts since 25 Sep, 2011, from Cartagena - Colombia

Postby Yorrrrrr; Tue May 01, 2018 10:24 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Legend sounds incredible, can't wait for Synapse's Oberheim (OB-Xa) emulation.
Examigan
KVRAF

4392 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 am Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Yorrrrrr wrote:Legend sounds incredible, can't wait for Synapse's Oberheim (OB-Xa) emulation.

Are they really working on that? If so, is there an ETA?
Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF

5313 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Tue May 01, 2018 4:13 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Examigan wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:Legend sounds incredible, can't wait for Synapse's Oberheim (OB-Xa) emulation.

Yes, both a P600 and an OB-Xa are in the works. A MemoryMoog might happen at some point in the future too, but development hasn't started on that one.
Examigan
KVRAF

4392 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Tue May 01, 2018 4:25 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Examigan wrote:

Yes, both a P600 and an OB-Xa are in the works. A MemoryMoog might happen at some point in the future too, but development hasn't started on that one.

That's awesome, thanks for the info. :)
chk071
KVRAF

15549 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue May 01, 2018 4:27 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

So, they're developing Dune 3, a OB-Xa, and a P600. Hell, Richard's gotta be a busy man these days. ;)
zvenx
KVRAF

6192 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Tue May 01, 2018 5:12 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Its two I have on my wish list, the Ob-Xa family and the jupiter 8, hope one day either him or urs get to the jupiter 8
rsp
Stefken
KVRist

414 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Postby Stefken; Tue May 01, 2018 10:45 pm Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Examigan wrote:

Is there an official statement somewhere?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments