Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Examigan wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:Legend sounds incredible, can't wait for Synapse's Oberheim (OB-Xa) emulation.
Are they really working on that? If so, is there an ETA?
Yes, both a P600 and an OB-Xa are in the works. A MemoryMoog might happen at some point in the future too, but development hasn't started on that one.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:Legend sounds incredible, can't wait for Synapse's Oberheim (OB-Xa) emulation.
Yes, both a P600 and an OB-Xa are in the works. A MemoryMoog might happen at some point in the future too, but development hasn't started on that one.
That's awesome, thanks for the info. :)

So, they're developing Dune 3, a OB-Xa, and a P600. Hell, Richard's gotta be a busy man these days. ;)

Its two I have on my wish list, the Ob-Xa family and the jupiter 8, hope one day either him or urs get to the jupiter 8
rsp
sound sculptist

Examigan wrote:
Is there an official statement somewhere?

Richard mentioned it in a post on GS.

Dune3 is first (not even at beta stage yet) , so dont hold your breath for anything else this year.

Examigan wrote:
I hope that P600 doesn't mean Prophet-600... that would be ridiculous, IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

It does mean Prophet-600, but with Gligli mod. Which makes it a really exciting variant of Prophet-5 (it doesn't sound identical to P5).

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... st13267493

EvilDragon wrote:It does mean Prophet-600, but with Gligli mod. Which makes it a really exciting variant of Prophet-5 (it doesn't sound identical to P5).

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... st13267493
I wasn't aware of this mod. Seems to greatly improve the original, but even so, I think that the Prophet-600 will not bring more to the table than what we already have. It's "another" relatively simple subtractive synth - Not my cup of tea.

The OB-Xa, OTOH, may be more interesting if done well. Let's wait and see. Richard just wrote that he was able to recreate the sound well, but he is now working on DUNE 3, so, there is nothing yet except ideas (and maybe some preliminary sketches). Even DUNE is not yet in beta, and that is his current project. Many things may happen in between.

BTW - That GS thread is filled with morons :hihi: Amazing the arrogance and lack of knowledge revealed by some of the posters.
Fernando (FMR)

He did post a couple of P600 comparisons... I can't hear any difference. :)

fmr wrote: BTW - That GS thread is filled with morons :hihi: Amazing the arrogance and lack of knowledge revealed by some of the posters.
I'm pretty floored whenever i get a Google result for a GS thread, whenever i search for something. The peeps there seem to be WAY more emotional, irrational, and unknowledged, compared to KVR. Attendants excluded of course! ;)

The peeps there seem to be WAY more emotional, irrational, and unknowledged, compared to KVR. Attendants excluded of course!
It's not like KVR has ever suffered from the lack of pricks and ingrates. Never with you in sight, the late attendants ;)
unknowledged
funny of you to talk of intelligence of others, when you are so illiterate yourself. "unknowledged" is not the word to use. it has a different meaning. look it up and, actually, educate yourself :hihi: "uneducated" is the word. and that's exactly who you are. you are welcome, for the time and the lesson. dismissed.
I wasn't aware of this mod. Seems to greatly improve the original, but even so, I think that the Prophet-600 will not bring more to the table than what we already have. It's "another" relatively simple subtractive synth - Not my cup of tea.
it's the second time I see you use the word "we", speaking as if you was some collective and not just one guy. I told you, there is no "we". you may not talk for other people. "you don't want, you don't need something" - it's just you. you don't want Minimoog iOS app ported to desktop, you don't want P-600 synth from Synapse Audio... you talk as if the developers were working for you, making only the synthesizers you want. and it's not the case, as we all know. so hold your horses, will ya, and cut the "we" word. there is no "we".

Woah, seems like someone took offense. You are not a Gearslut by chance? ;)

Dullee wrote:
it's the second time I see you use the word "we", speaking as if you was some collective and not just one guy. I told you, there is no "we". you may not talk for other people. "you don't want, you don't need something" - it's just you. you don't want Minimoog iOS app ported to desktop, you don't want P-600 synth from Synapse Audio... you talk as if the developers were working for you, making only the synthesizers you want. and it's not the case, as we all know. so hold your horses, will ya, and cut the "we" word. there is no "we".

Oh the irony :lol:

Return to “Instruments”