Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Elektronisch wrote:
DanielPersson wrote:I don't seem to be able to add automations to Viper.
Is it just me, or?

I'm using:

Windows 10
Ableton Live 9.7.5
Bug?

In fls 12.5 automation works fine. Maybe specific parameters?
I'm not able to add automation to anything in Viper.
I'm using jBridge 1.74 if it matters

I have checked with other 32bit VSTs that I have bridged and they seem to work just fine.

Automation works for me in FL Studio 12 but it's seems to be a little bit buggy. In FL Studio I automate "last tweaked" which in my case was the filter cutoff. If I adjust the automation at the same time as I am running play the automation doesn't seem to take effect. I have to press stop, adjust the automation curve, then press play. I am using FL Studio 64-bit and Viper is running in bridged mode.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

DanielPersson wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
Is it just me, or?

I'm using:

Windows 10
Ableton Live 9.7.5
Bug?

I have checked with other 32bit VSTs that I have bridged and they seem to work just fine.
Automation is disabled in demo mode right?

Cannot map any parameter in Ableton, but that would be a big bug if in retail version.

2ZrgE wrote:
DanielPersson wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
Is it just me, or?

I'm using:

Windows 10
Ableton Live 9.7.5
Bug?

Cannot map any parameter in Ableton, but that would be a big bug if in retail version.

I'm not in demo mode, so it's the retail version.
No on else seems to be experiencing this problem so it could just be something weird on my end.

I definitely need a video of what you are doing, its hard to help like this.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote:I definitely need a video of what you are doing, its hard to help like this.
Hi Adam,

This may or may not fall under the same category but I've run into a bug where the parameters lock up and I'm unable to move any knob or switch options on the gui.

I'm running a registered jbridged version of Viper in both Maschine v2.7.1 x64 and in Cubase 9.5 x64. The bug happens in both. Not sure if anyone else has reported this issue but hopefully there is a fix or at the very least can be added to the list of things that need to be fixed in the next revision. Thanks! - J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmtqDTYVPm4

2ZrgE wrote:
DanielPersson wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
Is it just me, or?

I'm using:

Windows 10
Ableton Live 9.7.5
Bug?

Automation in the "Bitwig way" is disabled too.
Like moving a knob in Viper -> selecting the modulation target in Bitwig.
If this would be getting fixed, I´m gonna get the Viper Virus (though I ´ve got a Virus KC@ home).
The average bored guy

aymat wrote:
Hi Adam,

This may or may not fall under the same category but I've run into a bug where the parameters lock up and I'm unable to move any knob or switch options on the gui.

I'm running a registered jbridged version of Viper in both Maschine v2.7.1 x64 and in Cubase 9.5 x64. The bug happens in both. Not sure if anyone else has reported this issue but hopefully there is a fix or at the very least can be added to the list of things that need to be fixed in the next revision. Thanks! - J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmtqDTYVPm4
Hi Joel,

Thank you very much for the bug report, this is exactly the videos I would need to be able to fix these issues. I am glad you like the synth and hopefully I will be able to track down the issue. Just one question, does the lock only happen when you press the link controls buttons? Or it happens anytime you press a midi playing and everything locks up regardless?

adamtrance wrote:I definitely need a video of what you are doing, its hard to help like this.
When mapping a paramter in Ableton for automation, that is the normal behavior:

You just click on configure and then on any synth control and it will be mapped (green boxes).

With Viper, nothing happens here... :?

I'm on the demo version though, but there has to be a way to map paramaters for automation right?

Can you tell me which ableton version and os you are using?

I noticed you can't do it with the demo, but it works with the paid version.

adamtrance wrote:Can you tell me which ableton version and os you are using?
Live 9, 64bit with Jbridge, Windows 7.

Maybe it's just a demo limitation?

In Studio One 3.5 and VIP 3.0 automation works just fine.

In FL the automation was disabled in demo version. Just bought and everything works fine now including automation.

Viper sounds very good! Thanks Adam for this emulation! :)
When I can I'll try to import manually some patches from my Virus B and use them ITB.

Found a few bugs though I guess, can someone confirm them?
1) The MIDI Learn on knobs behaves a bit erratic: sometimes works fine, then stops receiving the CCs you try to assign.
Closing the plugin and restarting seems to reset fine and gets it back to work.
2) Sustain pedal doesn't work, it isn't recognized... as with arpegiator on as off (example with pads sounds).

I'm using it in Cubase 6.5 32bit version on Windows Pro 64bit... so native 32bit DAW and not using any jBridge.
Found them in demo version as in the full purchased version.
We are the true makers of our destiny.

Return to “Instruments”