Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

My Snow may be buggy at times but its is not critical. That's the only hardware synth I have and I'm using it via Virus Control in Studio One. I freeze it all the time, while it's not that convenient It' s workable, I've made few tracks consisting at 70%-95% of Virus sounds this way.

I do use wavetables a lot, especially the formant complex mode so Viper is far from being a full replacement for me but still I'm happy to own it, it's always easier to load a native plugin than deal with Virus and even despite I have to use Jbridge Viper is much more stable and reliable for me and it indeed sounds quite close and behaves similarly in a mix.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:My Snow may be buggy at times but its is not critical. That's the only hardware synth I have and I'm using it via Virus Control in Studio One. I freeze it all the time, while it's not that convenient It' s workable, I've made few tracks consisting at 70%-95% of Virus sounds this way.

I do use wavetables a lot, especially the formant complex mode so Viper is far from being a full replacement for me but still I'm happy to own it, it's always easier to load a native plugin than deal with Virus and even despite I have to use Jbridge Viper is much more stable and reliable for me and it indeed sounds quite close and behaves similarly in a mix.
I also am using studio one and find weirdly since it's an unsupported access DAW the TI runs better and more stable for me in it than any of the supported daws I've tried.

Guys, I am working on bugs right now, and some people mentioned that the plugin has issues with the sustain pedal. Can someone please explain why it doesnt work and what it shoudl do? Unfortunately I dont have a sustain pedal so I an trying to simulate it, and as far as I know sustain pedal has the midi 64, and it works fine for me here. I hold a chord (with or without the arp it doesnt matter), I enable the sustain pedal, I let go of the keys and the notes are still playing. If I disable the sustain pedal the sound stop. Isnt it how it should be?
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote:Guys, I am working on bugs right now, and some people mentioned that the plugin has issues with the sustain pedal. Can someone please explain why it doesnt work and what it shoudl do? Unfortunately I dont have a sustain pedal so I an trying to simulate it, and as far as I know sustain pedal has the midi 64, and it works fine for me here. I hold a chord (with or without the arp it doesnt matter), I enable the sustain pedal, I let go of the keys and the notes are still playing. If I disable the sustain pedal the sound stop. Isnt it how it should be?
The more expensive piano pedals have two modes - On/Off and Continuous. In the On/Off setting the pedal sends either 0 or 127. And in Continuous it works similar to an expression pedal, sending any value between 0 and 127.

adamtrance wrote:Guys, I am working on bugs right now, and some people mentioned that the plugin has issues with the sustain pedal. Can someone please explain why it doesnt work and what it shoudl do? Unfortunately I dont have a sustain pedal so I an trying to simulate it, and as far as I know sustain pedal has the midi 64, and it works fine for me here. I hold a chord (with or without the arp it doesnt matter), I enable the sustain pedal, I let go of the keys and the notes are still playing. If I disable the sustain pedal the sound stop. Isnt it how it should be?
Yes Adam, should be working that way. But on my system Viper doesn't keep notes playing...
My other plugin synths works correctly instead (I checked if wasn't my sustain went dead...)
Don't know what to say to help more.
No big problem for me however, just made you aware of that.
I'm on Win 7 PRO 64bit, Cubase 6.5 32bit... I use a Proel F55-04 as sustain (for pianos).
We are the true makers of our destiny.

My sustain pedal works fine with the demo.

adamtrance wrote:Guys, I am working on bugs right now, and some people mentioned that the plugin has issues with the sustain pedal. Can someone please explain why it doesnt work and what it shoudl do?
My pedal is sending 127 (pressed) and 0 (de-pressed).

The normal way of implementing is to suspend all note-offs until the pedal is released.
Another way is to lengthen the synth's Release times.

Thank you for your help guys, I can indeed reproduce the bug now, this only happens when the arp is enabled so the bug is in the arp itself. I am working on it for the new update.

I finally got around to make a (crappy) video of the automations not kicking in with Viper.
Adam, I hope you get the idea of my problem with this video.

I run this:
Windows 10, 64 bit, on Asus laptop
Ableton Live 10 Suite, 64bit (Same problem with Live 9, 64 bit as well)
Viper through jBridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIoEsAY ... e=youtu.be

Yes I think i see whats going on, ill look into it.

DanielPersson wrote:I finally got around to make a (crappy) video of the automations not kicking in with Viper.

I run this:
Viper through jBridge

I did some testing (although with the 32 bit Ableton only), and it looks like a FlowStone issue, but it seems to happen with some other plugins as well like z3ta+ and some others. If you click the little wrench icon and go to "configure" you can then move a control you want to automate and it will be added to the parameters list. Now you can automate it. If anyone knows why Ableton does this strange thing and how it can be fixed I can maybe ask the FlowStone developers to see if anything can be done about this.

adamtrance wrote:
DanielPersson wrote:I finally got around to make a (crappy) video of the automations not kicking in with Viper.

I run this:
Viper through jBridge

I did some testing (although with the 32 bit Ableton only), and it looks like a FlowStone issue, but it seems to happen with some other plugins as well like z3ta+ and some others. If you click the little wrench icon and go to "configure" you can then move a control you want to automate and it will be added to the parameters list. Now you can automate it. If anyone knows why Ableton does this strange thing and how it can be fixed I can maybe ask the FlowStone developers to see if anything can be done about this.
This works!
Thanks for the tip Adam.

adamtrance wrote:
DanielPersson wrote: If you click the little wrench icon and go to "configure" you can then move a control you want to automate and it will be added to the parameters list. Now you can automate it.
Ableton 9 32bit Viper Demo 1.0 this metod not working

Also at fl12 need to search automated parameter at list manually , and have not automated search result when i move any knob. for example for sylenth1 ,if i move Cutoff this parameter automatic viewing at list

Sigma994 wrote: Ableton 9 32bit Viper Demo 1.0 this metod not working

Also at fl12 need to search automated parameter at list manually , and have not automated search result when i move any knob. for example for sylenth1 ,if i move Cutoff this parameter automatic viewing at list
Yes I am looking into all of this now, its a complete mess. The next update should hopefully fix all of these in the full and demo version.

adamtrance wrote:
Sigma994 wrote: Ableton 9 32bit Viper Demo 1.0 this metod not working

Yes I am looking into all of this now, its a complete mess. The next update should hopefully fix all of these in the full and demo version.
Also notified difference between Classic and Multisaw oscillatos , classic oscillator sounds less brighter then multisaw.You can see that at attachment

Also notified clicked artefacts, for check it try to make next path: just 1 sine and phase is 0(Free) you can heare click , but if you move phase to value 64 or any other , all sounds greate . This click can sounding at any waveform ,special when make plucky sound whith free phase - cutoff filter full down and filter envelop amount more than 60%.
I think this can be caused by phase...

Thank You for your Greate work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”