Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Hi

I tested Viper synth after purchased and I found some problems.

1. When I create sound with digital waveforms from ''Factory'' list (or preset) and re-open cubase project with viper, in viper osc section, waveform from ''Factory'' list was not loaded and always was loaded sine waveform (I got info ''Missing wav!''). For example Hypersaw was loaded, but digital wav files waveforms from ''Factory'' list - no.

2. They are jumping cpu consumption when i played chords. These are such quick jumps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PiotrPochwat on Mon May 14, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thank you for the feedback. The first issue will hopefully be solved in the next update, the second is a major issue with FlowStone, I have tried to lower the cpu jumping with but I have to wait until we find a solution.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

@Adam
When are you planning to release the update?

PiotrPochwat wrote:Hi

I tested Viper synth after purchased and I found some problems.

1. When I create sound with digital waveforms from ''Factory'' list (or preset) and re-open cubase project with viper, in viper osc section, waveform from ''Factory'' list was not loaded and always was loaded sine waveform (I got info ''Missing wav!''). For example Hypersaw was loaded, but digital wav files waveforms from ''Factory'' list - no.
I have the same issue in FL Studio.

Adam, some questions: Will the browser get faster in future updates? And any possibility you will add more waveforms to the sub osc (like a saw and sine wave)? And any possibility to make the semitone button a bit easier to use? Like being able to right click on ti and choose how many octaves you wish to move up/down. It would save some time and effort and in general make the VST more user-friendly.

And will you ever make plugins out of the reverb and delay? Both the reverb and delay are very user friendly and sound fantastic. I would to have them as individual FX plugins to load in the mixer and use them on other stuff as well.

FLStudiouser94 wrote:Adam, some questions: Will the browser get faster in future updates? And any possibility you will add more waveforms to the sub osc (like a saw and sine wave)? And any possibility to make the semitone button a bit easier to use? Like being able to right click on ti and choose how many octaves you wish to move up/down. It would save some time and effort and in general make the VST more user-friendly.

And will you ever make plugins out of the reverb and delay? Both the reverb and delay are very user friendly and sound fantastic. I would to have them as individual FX plugins to load in the mixer and use them on other stuff as well.
Thank you for the questions, these are great ideas but I dont have any definite answer to them at this time. I am crunching hard to get the 64 bit version out, thats the most important thing right now.
The faster synth / preset loading, I suspect is because of the interface, it uses too much memory, I have to re write it from the ground up to be more effective thats a huge job for another time. The sub osc is emulating the sub osc found in the Virus, plus I even have a pulse width control for that which the virus doesnt have. It would be a big task the rewrite the sub osc section because its extremely optimized to work the way it does now.
The semitone control I think works fine the way it is, I havent seen any synth that you can right click a knob and select the semitone, but could be a good idea for a future version!

Making the effect separate would also take a lot of work, and then raises the question if I should release the entire fx section separate or only parts of them, and if they should be free or should use a license, then I have to maintain another plugin which is extra work for me.

So yeah lots of thing I dont know yet, only time will tell. If after the 64 bit I see a lot of interest and I get lots of support I could ofcourse spend even more time on development.

Here is my first tone with "Viper" a beginning at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO_rcFMOYEU

Looking forward to more soundsets to Viper.

:D

Cool! are all synth sounds with Viper? That acid line was really nice ;)

adamtrance wrote:
FLStudiouser94 wrote:Adam, some questions: Will the browser get faster in future updates? And any possibility you will add more waveforms to the sub osc (like a saw and sine wave)? And any possibility to make the semitone button a bit easier to use? Like being able to right click on ti and choose how many octaves you wish to move up/down. It would save some time and effort and in general make the VST more user-friendly.

Thank you for the questions, these are great ideas but I dont have any definite answer to them at this time. I am crunching hard to get the 64 bit version out, thats the most important thing right now.
The faster synth / preset loading, I suspect is because of the interface, it uses too much memory, I have to re write it from the ground up to be more effective thats a huge job for another time. The sub osc is emulating the sub osc found in the Virus, plus I even have a pulse width control for that which the virus doesnt have. It would be a big task the rewrite the sub osc section because its extremely optimized to work the way it does now.
The semitone control I think works fine the way it is, I havent seen any synth that you can right click a knob and select the semitone, but could be a good idea for a future version!

Making the effect separate would also take a lot of work, and then raises the question if I should release the entire fx section separate or only parts of them, and if they should be free or should use a license, then I have to maintain another plugin which is extra work for me.

So yeah lots of thing I dont know yet, only time will tell. If after the 64 bit I see a lot of interest and I get lots of support I could ofcourse spend even more time on development.
I see and I understand there is a lot of work. But if any of my requests gets implemented then I'd be very happy. But the choice is of course yours :) If you ever release the reverb at least as a plugin, it should be licensed in my opinion. It's too good to be a free-ware. I rarely use the built-in effects when I use VST synths but I use the Viper reverb a lot simply because it sounds just the way I want the reverb to sound like.

+1, release the reverb standalone plugin. Sale it relative cheap price, like 19€ or something and you get extra income for sure

Virus TI can be used just as FX too :)

I'm guessing it would be a lot less work to make an FX version of Viper and release that with the synth.
It would be an extra argument to buy the synth. :wink:

I've demo-ed the synth extensively and like the character and elements like the arp, reverb.
Probably going to buy it this week-end.

Waiting patiently for 64bit.... :D

Just finishing the factory bank 3 and it should be ready to go ;)

:tu:

2ZrgE wrote:Waiting patiently for 64bit.... :D
next year or even later, depends on the excuses

Return to “Instruments”