Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Super duper !

Besides the 64 bit I'm also very happy with the midi out of the arp.

Awesome job! Running fine so far!
Thanks for the update!
Can it be, that the huge cpu spike between preset switching is gone? :clap: :clap:

Tested demo again. Damn that demo noise is still too loud.. Good sounding synth but:

1. Load Viper
2. Hit midi keyboard (any note) on default preset, while sound is playing hit menu -> factory bank 2 or 3 and boom. It will click and sound goes only left ear. Clearly bug on FL as it doesn't seems to happen on any other DAW. Or at least it happens all the time here in FL 20.

Feature requests:

1. More voices, you ran out of them pretty damn quickly.
2. Release that reverb as a standalone VST. It's damn fakin good sounding reverb. PLEASE ADAM! :pray:

Thank you for the feedback, yes I just noticed the bug in the demo version, this only happens in the demo though not the full version. You can avoid this issue if you only switch presets when the sound is not playing. The demo is a bit different, but again the full version does not have this and you can change presets while the sound is playing.

More voices are planned for a future update indeed! I dont know about the reverb yet, ill see what I can do!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adam! got one nasty bug - when I try to load a track with viper on cubase 9.5.30 on a huge trance project (like 80 tracks already there...) - cubase crashes... everytime.
When i load another vst (avenger, spire...) its loading fine....
can you check this on your side? how can i help you here?

Unfortunately I dont have Cubase so I cannot test directly, but can you try to install the c++ redistributeable thats in the installation instructions text file, and see if that helps? also does it only crash with lots of vsts in there, or also crash if you load up a fresh project and add a single Viper?

I haven't had crashes with plugins in Cubase, but it's kind of weird how it (Cubase) doesn't like certain plugins and will blacklist them (it happened with a few plugins for me). But then in another DAW it will load those same plugins and they work ok. :?

adamtrance wrote:Unfortunately I dont have Cubase so I cannot test directly, but can you try to install the c++ redistributeable thats in the installation instructions text file, and see if that helps? also does it only crash with lots of vsts in there, or also crash if you load up a fresh project and add a single Viper?
its only crashing when lots of vsts in there!

trying now other DAWs...to see if its the same

xanthos wrote:
adamtrance wrote:Unfortunately I dont have Cubase so I cannot test directly, but can you try to install the c++ redistributeable thats in the installation instructions text file, and see if that helps? also does it only crash with lots of vsts in there, or also crash if you load up a fresh project and add a single Viper?
its only crashing when lots of vsts in there!

trying now other DAWs...to see if its the same
same with studio one 4... crashing when loading around 20 other instrument vsts... and then viper.

Wow, I so rarely use that many Vsts, maybe once every couple of years - because the VST instruments I do use are going to hog more CPU than would allow for that kind of use. Windows makes it so difficult to be a programmer. But anyway, really interesting bug - thank goodness I don't have to worry about it.

moonchunk wrote:Wow, I so rarely use that many Vsts, maybe once every couple of years - because the VST instruments I do use are going to hog more CPU than would allow for that kind of use. Windows makes it so difficult to be a programmer. But anyway, really interesting bug - thank goodness I don't have to worry about it.
I wonder does he mean 20 separate/varied VSTs, or are they many of the same plugin...and just many instances? I don't think I have used 20 different synth/sampler plugins all at once. For the many KVR OSCs I have participated in, I have (of course) used many instances of one synth plugin.

crashes also happening in Ableton 10.
(error message: plugin is not compatible with...)

but loads fine in a fresh project.

Just a shot in the dark but perhaps this is a problem with FLS (fiber local storage)? Running out of FLS slots should not lead to crashes but who knows. You can download a checking tool that shows the number of available FLS slots here:
http://planetnine.jp/wp/2018/03/25/fls-checker/

The corresponding thread in the Steinberg forums is:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=134715

Some more info in FLS can be found here:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123768

With the following steps you can find out:
  1. How many FLS slots are available in you DAW.
  2. How many FLS slots Viper acquires.
  3. How many slots are left in the big project.
Follow these steps:
  • Start a fresh session.
  • Load an instance of the FLS checker and check how many slots you have available. This is the maximum number of slots your DAW makes available.
  • Load an instance of Viper.
  • Update the slot count in FLS checker. The difference between the initial number of slots and the current one is the number of slots that Viper allocates.
  • Load the big fat project that already uses many VSTs.
  • Load the FLS checker and check how many slots are still available.
If the number of available slots in the big project is smaller than the number of slots that Viper acquires then that's likely the problem.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

xanthos, I am sorry for your troubles, since I cant replicate the problem over here it is very hard to figure out how to fix this. I need to know a lot more information like which windows you have exactly version number etc, your daws version numbers also. Then how many plugins you have and which ones in the project. I have never heard of this Fiber Local Storage before, indeed it would be great if you could try it and see if thats the problem. It might be an issue with FlowStone, so I have to forward any results to them, since the 64 bit is still in baby shoes, it takes time until everything is ironed out.

Thanks Adam for this great update!

Not only is there a new Factory Bank 3 but also that Daniel Craighead Trance Access soundset.

Question: Some of the presets in the Daniel Craighead bank give me the "missing .wav" message. Where am I supposed to put the waveforms that come with this soundset, in order for the presets to find them? In the Waveforms/Factory or the Waveforms/User folder? As single wav-files or inside the "Daniel Craighead - Trance Access Vol. 1" folder?

Return to “Instruments”