Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3500 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:51 pm Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

adamtrance wrote:I will do that thanks for the encouraging words!

I widely prefer the words of this last sentence !
:tu:

Have a rest, for at least a full week or so.

Everybody will be winner. Believe me.
:hug:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
nix808
KVRAF

3546 posts since 22 Jul, 2006, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby nix808; Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:27 pm Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Adam is a more advanced user than me,
but perhaps I can comment on the x64 FS build and how well it is realised-
I have had no bugs that needed to be fixed after working on 3 essentially completed builds in it.
When I first ran it some Ruby codeboxes reverted to a blank state,
but this ceased after a couple of sessions,
so is hard to nail down.
I have released 2 plugs in x64, and have played them nearly every day for 2 weeks in 5 hosts(FL,DP,Cubase,Reason,Reaper) without a crash.
It is quite mature IMO. With such complicated software, it is sometimes necessary to try things in a different way, ie. mem(RAM) to float array is no longer streaming, where prior it could be cajoled with an event tick. I did it a different way, but could chase RDSP to find out what's happened/how to do it now

edit-thanks for the heads up on Cubase process closing funny. I can't kill it in Task Manager manually. It's either reboot or wait a while(>30 min)
___^O** *a light air is a gas___^O** *
http://www.phonicsaudio.com --- https://soundcloud.com/nix808/tracks
Shiek927
KVRist

423 posts since 13 May, 2014

Postby Shiek927; Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:04 pm Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Ableton suddenly crashed and said Viper is not compatible. It's like I can no longer load any more instances ;__;.

I tried to Jbridge Viper again. The plugin loaded up, but Ableton swiftly crashed again. In fact, I think it's worse because now Ableton can't even get the project opened again.

It's awful, but as-is, I can't recommend anyone using Viper on their tracks. I'm struggling a lot with a new project which I wanted to make ample use of Viper, especially when it changed into a Trance song. I had to start from scratch and now I'm unable to re-launch this new version after a few hours of work. it's not worth the hassle and possibly irretrievably losing your work :(

EDIT: Finally managed to save my project by wiping Viper from my plugin folder and loading up a slightly older version of the song. A shame, but I'm happy I at least don't have to start from scratch again ><.
kmonkey
KVRAF

3869 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Postby kmonkey; Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Congratulation on 64 bit release! Take a breath and good luck with polishing these issues.

This is fantastic plugin and i wish you success.

p.s. yes some instructions for missing .wav files in new bank and where to place them would be cool. I did not know how to make them work until i read here.

Offtopic: this reverb in Viper is so cheesy in amazing way...
Amram
KVRist

481 posts since 12 Jan, 2013, from Foolish Shepherd = God

Postby Amram; Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:36 pm Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

congratulations Adam!
really impressing.
Stefken
KVRist

497 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Postby Stefken; Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:01 pm Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

BlackWinny wrote:
adamtrance wrote:I will do that thanks for the encouraging words!

I widely prefer the words of this last sentence !
:tu:

Have a rest, for at least a full week or so.

Everybody will be winner. Believe me.
:hug:

+1
stamp
KVRist

388 posts since 10 Sep, 2014

Postby stamp; Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:28 am Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Nice work!

Any plans on adding recursive modulation for envelopes like there is in the Virus?

Cheers!
colibri
KVRer

16 posts since 26 Sep, 2013

Postby colibri; Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:40 am Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Adam, this is awesome work - not too many devs are that committed to their product(s). Enjoying every minute of working with Viper. Now you go and have some decent time off :)
adamtrance
KVRian

654 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Postby adamtrance; Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:33 am Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

stamp wrote:Any plans on adding recursive modulation for envelopes like there is in the Virus?

Yes I am thinking about it for the future, but then Viper will use slightly more cpu unfortunately.

I have updated the demo version, I lowered the noise even more, and hopefully I managed to solve the preset switching audio glitch. I also added instructions on how to install the free soundbank by Daniel inside the zip.

Now on to find the major crash bugs :cry:
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music
izonin
KVRian

1140 posts since 27 Oct, 2009

Postby izonin; Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:59 am Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Hey Adam,
Do you think you could add a bypass option in the filters menu? Most other synths let you choose between LP, HP, BP and None (bypass).
It would be a nice addition to the features of this great plug-in.
Last edited by izonin on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
PiotrPochwat
KVRist

57 posts since 27 Sep, 2010, from European Union

Postby PiotrPochwat; Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:15 am Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

In new version, I found some problems wit delay fx.

1.Sometimes, when I turn on delay in fx section, audio input in viper is crashed, and work only one chanel (right or left) (the same issue is in the reverb) or not play right and left channel and I must reload plugin.

2. When delay is turn on, and viper does not play, cpu usage is increases (after some seconds, when viper not play).But when viper play, cpu usage returns to the normal state. When I turn of delay in fx section, problem do not exist. This is completly insane.
adamtrance
KVRian

Postby adamtrance; Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:54 am Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

izonin wrote:Hey Adam,
Do you think you could add a bypass option in the filters menu? Most other synths let you choose between LP, HP, BP and None (bypass).
It would be a nice addition to the features of this great plug-in.

Hmm I am not sure, having the filters is essential in this synth, but if you select LP and have the cutoff all the way up, you get a clean signal and nothing gets filtered.

@PiotrPochwat ok thanks ill check it out again
adamtrance
KVRian

Postby adamtrance; Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:12 am Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

PiotrPochwat wrote:In new version, I found some problems wit delay fx.

1.Sometimes, when I turn on delay in fx section, audio input in viper is crashed, and work only one chanel (right or left) (the same issue is in the reverb) or not play right and left channel and I must reload plugin.

2. When delay is turn on, and viper does not play, cpu usage is increases (after some seconds, when viper not play).But when viper play, cpu usage returns to the normal state. When I turn of delay in fx section, problem do not exist. This is completly insane.

I need some more information. Are you talking about the full version or the new demo I uploaded? The 32 or 64 bit version? Which daw are you using?
PiotrPochwat
KVRist

Postby PiotrPochwat; Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 am Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

adamtrance wrote:I need some more information. Are you talking about the full version or the new demo I uploaded? The 32 or 64 bit version? Which daw are you using?

32bit full version. I use Cubase. In previous Viper version problem not exist. The problem occurs in new 1.0.2 version. So, this no DAW problem. This is problem with Your synth Adam.
PiotrPochwat
KVRist

Postby PiotrPochwat; Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:10 am Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Here is an example

Cubase project with one instance of Viper (not another synth, effect - only one viper)

1. 2 seconds after Viper finished the play. CPU is ok.

2. Some seconds later (when Viper still not play), CPU spontaneously is increases. When I turn of and turn on the delay (or Viper play the moment and Viper finished the play), CPU usage back to the situation form the point 1- but only for a moment and situation back to the point 2 after some seconds later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PiotrPochwat on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments