Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Hi Guys.

I think, the Viper is also great synth for cinematic music. This is three my sounds programed by me on Viper. Inspired by John Debney music from Passion movie. No external effects. Only Viper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrJBNWK ... e=youtu.be

Nice one Piotr!
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Świetnie Piotrze!

Splendid ! Very close to the kind of atmosphere that I get with Linplug Spectral.

Incredibly good demo, Piotr !

This synth is really a gem !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

+1, very nice !

Purchased Viper last night. No extensive testing yet due to getting completely lost in the arp and reverb....and wow, that reverb :)

Instances seem a little random with cpu usage and it varies each time the a project is reloaded.

Really incredible sounding synth. A future request would be to be able to sync the lfo’s to the song position.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Nice demo Piotr!

The Lfos can be set to clock mode and you can sync it to your host tempo. If you want more control you can set the phase where the Lfo should start.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Yeah, I understand that. Thank you. I am referring to having the lfo synced to tempo and it’s phase position always be relative to a song’s timeline so it stays consistent but note triggering doesn’t retrigger the lfo start....terrible explanation, I know
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Piotr...that was so nice.

Atmosphere reminded me to Edward Artemiev - Stalker - OST.

Thx Guys for the feedback. I thinking about commercial soundset for Adam synth. Maybe I back to the commercial soundesign. My soundsets (for vengeance-sound) was released many, many years ago :)

Ok. this is part.2 Inspired by music from Robert Rich.

100% Viper, no external effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Ix73oKQsg
Last edited by PiotrPochwat on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another winner :tu:

Creating a commercial soundset seems to be a good idea.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I just took 64 bit Viper demo for a spin. Good sound. Cubase 9.0.2 here and a few quirks and maybe bugs. I think a few may have been reported previously.

Missing wav! on a few presets ?
ASIO meter maxes out when switching preset and clicks quite loudly.
Automation does not write when putting track into "W" Write and moving GUI knobs. (But does allow you to pencil it in on automation lane after, seems odd, not sure if that is demo limitation or not)
Also getting bursts of a preset in a buffer jumping out. (I think it was when I was selecting a different track with a Viper loaded, 3 Vipers in a test project with a couple of other synths playing)
I noted quite high ASIO usage (CPU) on a few sounds.

No crashes though so far and no hangs on exit of Cubase.

Personally speaking.. it makes me lose a little bit of confidence in buying right at the moment for reasons above.

(I will re-read previous bug reports in the thread)

Are these small issues being mended ?

Congratulations on the synth though, it is a close emulation of a good chunk of the Virus sound. It might be a little smoother sounding than the actual virus. Filter seems similar but lightly more polite.The effects have been emulated very nicely indeed. There is no doubt this is good and there is not much in VSTi land that gets as close to the VA side of the Virus sound. It is well done. :clap: Other than the small issues I am definitely impressed.

It is warm and smooth, has depth of soundfield (which probably needs narrowing a bit in a mix) and has bite as well, you cannot ask for more. :tu:

I am glad you like the synth! It seems most of your issues are because of the Demo version, the full version does not have these problems.
Missing wav! on a few presets ?
Which presets have this issue?
ASIO meter maxes out when switching preset and clicks quite loudly.
Yes the cpu rises when you change presets, its because my knobs are not the most efficiently programmed and when all of them change at the same time, they eat some cpu for that second. I need to fix this at some point. The clicking is because of the demo version. The demo has to have the noise and there is a timer that activates it every 30 seconds. However I have to keep the signal alive for the timer, so when you change presets sudden parameters will quickly change the sound thats why you hear the click ocassionaly. The full version does not have the noise and therefore I can reset the calculations so you wont hear any clicks because the sound is muted on preset swithing.
Automation does not write when putting track into "W" Write and moving GUI knobs.
Yes this is the side effect of the demo preset saving disabling. The full version does indeed allow you to press Write, then move a knob and it will be recorded.
Also getting bursts of a preset in a buffer jumping out.
I dont really understand what you mean here

Thanks for the replies Adam and clarifying. These were quick replies to small problems I noticed as I was mainly focusing on the track I am making but made a version to test Viper demo in as the crashes experienced by other Cubase users when running other synths in a big project spooked me a bit so I thought I would test it in something that I am working on. Although this is hardly a big session with 7/8 tracks at this moment.

I thought it better than testing it in an isolated project. I did not take note of which presets it was a quick and casual demo and these issues jumped out at me. I thought I read to just put the 64 .dll in the VST plug in folder and that was that. The "preset bursts" was just something I noticed which I was not paying great attention to so could not explain with accuracy, just kept hearing an arp preset playing for a fraction of a second when I selected different Viper tracks in Cubase. Once I purchase the full synth if I get something like this again I will report it accurately, for sure.

However I am going to buy the synth. I trust you, you have invested so much time in this that you will want this running silky smooth.

edit: The demo install info simply says :

"Simply put the "Viper" folder into your Vst plugins location. Once you have loaded up the synth in your DAW, enter your registration details to activate your license."

So of course that is what I did, minus the authorization as it is a demo. So not sure what missing wavs is all about.

Synthman2000 wrote:
edit: The demo install info simply says :

"Simply put the "Viper" folder into your Vst plugins location. Once you have loaded up the synth in your DAW, enter your registration details to activate your license."

So of course that is what I did, minus the authorization as it is a demo. So not sure what missing wavs is all about.
Oops, yes thats a mistake, I put the full version install instruction in the demo zip by mistake. Fixed ;)

Return to “Instruments”