Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Anyway, i observed clicks are audible only when using more than 6 voices of unisono.

Roman Wisniak wrote:Do you plan to make 128 voice polyphony update?
Yes its in plan at some point
Roman Wisniak wrote:Anyway, i observed clicks are audible only when using more than 6 voices of unisono.
Do you think you could post an audio demo because I need to hear whats going on, which preset etc..
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Hi Adam, I've noticed a bug (or me doing something wrong?) when I am saving presets in my bank. It's the LFO that is bugging:

On the first image, it's on. When I jump from the "Eyezer HardstyleLead2" preset to another preset in my bank and then go back to "Eyezer HardstyleLead2" preset, the LFO is reset. I updated Viper to 1.0.3 but the issue still remains. Sometimes it works as intended (the LFO remains set instead of reset) but eventually it starts to malfunction. I can't finish off my bank with this problem :(

Hmm, i thought I fixed this problem, I would need to have a copy of your bank to check it. What you can do for now is to disable the LFO OSC link button, (and any other control link buttons if there is a problem) and move the knobs individually and it should be fixed.

adamtrance wrote:Hmm, i thought I fixed this problem, I would need to have a copy of your bank to check it. What you can do for now is to disable the LFO OSC link button, (and any other control link buttons if there is a problem) and move the knobs individually and it should be fixed.
It works now when I did what you said. Thanks. I will PM you a link to my bank.

Is the site down? I am getting an Internal Server Error when I go to the website.
Last edited by Examigan on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hmm, it works fine over here for me

adamtrance wrote:Hmm, it works fine over here for me
OK, just checked again and now it's working. :)

adamtrance wrote:Hmm, it works fine over here for me
OK, just checked again and now it's working. :)

Delta Sign wrote:Hey!

I just downloaded the demo out of curiosity and noticed a small bug.

The INIT preset thingy doesn't work right. I think it simply doesn't reset all the parameters, because it sounds different depending on which preset was loaded before using the INIT thingy.

I was too lazy to check which parameters are affected, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
Hey mate, do you think you can help me out a bit? I am trying to press "Init Preset" from the menu in the demo on many different presets, but they all revert to the standard saw sound, I cannot make the bug appear. Would you be able to tell me which parameters do not init correctly? Thank you!

adamtrance wrote:
Delta Sign wrote:Hey!

I just downloaded the demo out of curiosity and noticed a small bug.

The INIT preset thingy doesn't work right. I think it simply doesn't reset all the parameters, because it sounds different depending on which preset was loaded before using the INIT thingy.

I was too lazy to check which parameters are affected, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
Hey mate, do you think you can help me out a bit? I am trying to press "Init Preset" from the menu in the demo on many different presets, but they all revert to the standard saw sound, I cannot make the bug appear. Would you be able to tell me which parameters do not init correctly? Thank you!
Strange. I just redownloaded the demo to investigate this further. It works perfectly fine in Renoise, but doesn't in Ableton Live 9. I'm using the 64bit version on Windows 8.1.
I'm going to try to find out which parameters are effected later asap.

hi,
I'm downsizing my live rig and Viper can handle everything I use my TI2 for in that scenario.

I have a question - I'm using GigPerformer. When I save the .gig file Viper was playing a particular patch. When I reload that .gig file Viper reverts to the first patch in the bank.

How can I ensure that Viper remembers the patch being played please?

Thanks,
Roger

hi,
I'm downsizing my live rig and Viper can handle everything I use my TI2 for in that scenario.

I have a question - I'm using GigPerformer. When I save the .gig file Viper was playing a particular patch. When I reload that .gig file Viper reverts to the first patch in the bank.

How can I ensure that Viper remembers the patch being played please?

Thanks,
Roger

I found a workaround. If I save the preset, then load the empty soundbank and load the preset into the first slot GigPerformer recalls everything as expected. It's possible to do this for multiple instances of Viper in the same set so solves the problem.

Interestingly Viper doesn't do this in Cubase 9.5, it bring up the patch selected when the project was saved. Other synths bring up the correct patch in GigPerformer so it appears to be a quirk of Viper in GigPerformer.

I noticed an issue somewhat similar to what was mentioned above in Bitwig. Bitwig allows you to save a default starting patch when you load any plugin. Basically saving a default state within Bitwig. When I did this for Viper it did load the patch as I saved it to the default however as soon as I tweaked a parameter, it reverted to the first patch in the bank. This was on Windows. I haven’t tried in a while but thought I’d mention it.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”