Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Viper (coming soon)

Halonmusic
KVRist
 
354 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:30 pm Re: Viper (coming soon)

starflakeprj wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:G-Sonique afaik uses custom code inside SE world. Shame they don't do the final piece with fully c++ or similar..


I thought G-Sonique used SM/FS?


They do.


That's what i though. :)


They use a plugin wrapper with a built-in bit bridge (developed by the guy behind jBridge), in which they place their plugins.


Didnt know that. Thanks.
xbitz
KVRAF
 
1680 posts since 3 Oct, 2013, from Budapest

Postby xbitz; Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:07 pm Re: Viper (coming soon)

any news ? :scared:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat
adamtrance
KVRian
 
513 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Postby adamtrance; Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm Re: Viper (coming soon)

Yes Im hard at work on making the youtube video and finalizing all the sounds. I didnt have any time to work on it on the summer unfortunately so I need a little more time, but its very very close ;)
User avatar
Cyforce
KVRAF
 
2079 posts since 1 Feb, 2009, from Germany

Postby Cyforce; Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:38 pm Re: Viper (coming soon)

adamtrance wrote:... but its very very close ;)


Good to here that news :tu:
Image
v1o
KVRian
 
799 posts since 1 Oct, 2004

Postby v1o; Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:57 am Re: Viper (coming soon)

ENV1 wrote:Another widespread misconception is the belief that there is this big difference between SE and C++. (As if SE plugins were made of some mysterious material that just kinda exists but nobody really knows what it is.) Not surprisingly i say, because there simply is no such thing. As far as i was able to see, practically all of the SE stock modules ARE written in C++ and the same goes for the vast majority of 3rd party modules too. (Ive seen a few modules by one single developer (Christian Budde if i remember correctly) which were written in Delphi but thats it.) So the idea that there should be this big huge difference in quality if only the plugin was converted from 'SE' (you know, the mystery stuff) to C++ is just crazy because in like 99% of the cases the code already is C++ and in the rest of the cases it would probably be Delphi, which of course doesnt sound any different either.


Anyway. Just thought id mention it.

Just because SE is written in C++ doesn't mean that there isn't anyone overhead in using it. There is no one size fits all. Writing your own bespoke code is faster usually if you know what you are doing.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2
LeVzi
KVRAF
 
1692 posts since 7 Jul, 2008, from Cardiff, Wales, UK

Postby LeVzi; Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:15 am Re: Viper (coming soon)

Regarding G-Sonique , from their website :

4. Is it true that your instruments are created using the SM program from Outsim Ltd.?
Yes but actually we do not use the inner modules only. The final product is a combination of SM modules and our own algorithms written using code
module in C++ Alike and Assembler language. This means there's no way to create our products by SM program with using its standard modules only.
Thankful to the SM we are able to use programming environment where we are able to hear the results of our codes and virtual circuits in realtime to catch
the best sound. SM environment is very similar to the analog domain, where we began with sound processing and many of our plugins have a very similar
inner structure as a real analog circuits.
Forward ever, Backward never
Nside
KVRer
 
20 posts since 25 Nov, 2015

Postby Nside; Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:55 pm Re: Viper (coming soon)

Any update Adam, looking forward to hearing some new bits :wink:
adamtrance
KVRian
 
513 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Postby adamtrance; Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:10 am Re: Viper (coming soon)

Yes, as mentioned above I am working very hard on the sound demos and youtube video. I really want to impress everyone so it takes a bit of time to make it just the way I want it, but its very near to be complete.
Elektronisch
KVRAF
 
1661 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Postby Elektronisch; Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:54 am Re: Viper (coming soon)

Cant wait to demo this because my Virus Ti is driving me nuts
User avatar
commodore
KVRist
 
118 posts since 19 Feb, 2013

Postby commodore; Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:43 am Re: Viper (coming soon)

adamtrance wrote:Yes, as mentioned above I am working very hard on the sound demos and youtube video. I really want to impress everyone so it takes a bit of time to make it just the way I want it, but its very near to be complete.


Thanks, I can't wait to try it. I remember this being talked about since last year, and very eager to hear more of it in action. Sorry if this was asked already, but will there be a demo or trial we can download?
adamtrance
KVRian
 
513 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Postby adamtrance; Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:17 am Re: Viper (coming soon)

commodore wrote: Sorry if this was asked already, but will there be a demo or trial we can download?


No problem, yes there will be a demo of course, with the manual uploaded on the site too so everyone can check it out before deciding if its something for them or not.
Halonmusic
KVRist
 
354 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 pm Re: Viper (coming soon)

A bit off topic buy do you have any plans on adding new features to J8p in the future adam?
adamtrance
KVRian
 
513 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Postby adamtrance; Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:40 pm Re: Viper (coming soon)

Halonmusic wrote:A bit off topic buy do you have any plans on adding new features to J8p in the future adam?


You mean JP6K? Yes Ive had some thoughts about that. JP6K was meant to be a tiny project, but if I were to do any new features or updates it would eventually grown into a much bigger synth and the interface and whole design is not suited for that. So I thought I would do a new version JP7K or called something else, and start from scratch. I learned a lot when creating Viper, and I could code much more efficiently now, so if I were to make JP7K I would want to model the whole jp8000, the other waveforms, proper envelopes and filters, chorus and effects, everything. But this is a project for the distant future haha. I also have to see if Viper will become successful or not, because if I wont get any support for my hard work, then there is no point in making the new JP7K.
chk071
KVRAF
 
13211 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:41 pm Re: Viper (coming soon)

Awesome. :)
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
Halonmusic
KVRist
 
354 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm Re: Viper (coming soon)

adamtrance wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:A bit off topic buy do you have any plans on adding new features to J8p in the future adam?


You mean JP6K? Yes Ive had some thoughts about that. JP6K was meant to be a tiny project, but if I were to do any new features or updates it would eventually grown into a much bigger synth and the interface and whole design is not suited for that. So I thought I would do a new version JP7K or called something else, and start from scratch. I learned a lot when creating Viper, and I could code much more efficiently now, so if I were to make JP7K I would want to model the whole jp8000, the other waveforms, proper envelopes and filters, chorus and effects, everything. But this is a project for the distant future haha. I also have to see if Viper will become successful or not, because if I wont get any support for my hard work, then there is no point in making the new JP7K.


Right, JP6K was what i meant. So you've thought about it, cool. Hope Viper gets a lot of love. Will Deffo demo it when its released, maybe even buy it. 8)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamtrance, bob bobwood, Bombadil, CCBot (commoncrawl), EnGee, Ingonator, robotmonkey, wagtunes