RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

SampleScience wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:
HcDoom wrote:
keel wrote:Yeah, sounds superb. Too bad it's not 64bit :(
Yes, its a deal breaker... :(
Bitwig runs 32bit plugins easily so not a dealbreaker for me.
LMMS runs 32 bit plugins very well in its 64 bit version too. And it's free.
LMMS is ugly as sh*t though, and who is replacing the DAW just to be able to run 32-bit plugins? Better investing in a bit bridge or just don't buy the 32-bit plugin in that case.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:LMMS is ugly as sh*t though, and who is replacing the DAW just to be able to run 32-bit plugins? Better investing in a bit bridge or just don't buy the 32-bit plugin in that case.
There's a lot of very cool skins for LMMS, it's far from being ugly. Here's one example:

It's free and you can hook it up via virtual MIDI cables to your DAW. This is what the bridges does anyways. Savihost might be a better solution for this use though.

Also, who's talking about replacing? I use at least 3 DAWs for music production (and more for plugin testing). In my case: FL Studio 12 (to create long loops), Reaper (for mixing) & Ableton Live (for detailed sample manipulation).

Same thing for graphic design too, I use multiple programs as some have strength others don't.

I don't like to limit myself. :wink:

Yeah, that one doesn't look too bad to be honest, maybe I should check it out again. I have wanted a free full "featured" DAW where I can focus just on music and sound design with free plugins only, so that my other DAWs get less bloated (combining both free and purchased plugins).

Ok, have to agree with you there. I'm running several DAWs myself (as indicated above). For me it's Studio One (workflow, my go-to), Reason (for fun and for its modularity), FL Studio (I don't really know, bought it in last year's Call to Arms), Reaper (for CPU heavy plugins/sound design), Renoise (nostalgia), Bitwig 1.x (bought it for the same reason as Reason, don't know if I should sell it or upgrade it).
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

How's the CPU overhead compared to, say, Spire or Serum?

fdigl wrote:How's the CPU overhead compared to, say, Spire or Serum?
Its hard to say, it can be everything in between. It can be as low as Sylenth1, but if you use 64 polyphony with long release times, with 8 Unison and all the effects and crazy modulations the CPU can get high on older computers. I went really far and spent a lot of time to optimize it as much as I possibly can, but generally it will use very low CPU for 90% of the sounds.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

AnX wrote:
izonin wrote:Now if someone could write a Virus-to-Viper patch translator... :)
I dont think viper contains enough of the virus for that to work.
Maybe Adam could add here a features comparison list, Viper vs Virus Ti latest OS?

izonin wrote:
AnX wrote:
Maybe Adam could add here a features comparison list, Viper vs Virus Ti latest OS?
None of the wavetable oscillators will be present in the first version, character is only "analog boost" (said by Adam himself), also I don't see the "analog mode" switch for the filters in the sreenshots. Also I guess the "spectral waveforms" in the classic oscillator will be different (though you will be able load your own, e.g., sampled from Virus).

I never owned any pre-TI model so I don't know in detail when all the above things were added to Virus but its seems that Viper is going to be basically Virus A/B + hypersaw.
Last edited by recursive one on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

adamtrance wrote:
fdigl wrote:How's the CPU overhead compared to, say, Spire or Serum?
Its hard to say, it can be everything in between. It can be as low as Sylenth1, but if you use 64 polyphony with long release times, with 8 Unison and all the effects and crazy modulations the CPU can get high on older computers. I went really far and spent a lot of time to optimize it as much as I possibly can, but generally it will use very low CPU for 90% of the sounds.
That sounds wonderful. This will probably be going to the top of my favorites list in my FL plugin database. Not only is that lower, optimized CPU usage great for drafting in sound design, but it's great for a quick patch placeholder as well. On top of that, from what I've heard so far the Viper sounds absolutely beautiful so it's fully capable of becoming my go-to all-in-one synth.

The demo sounds very promising.

Are we there yet :hyper:

e8723c9bf21a57f188efcfc822207b7b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Any news?

Im working my ass of on the youtube demo and all marketing materials, I plan to finish that by the end of october. Then if my contact does not finish giving me a hand with my wordpress webshop, I will have to do that myself as well, which could take a few weeks until I figure it out.
Last edited by adamszabo on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

izonin wrote:
AnX wrote:
How come people still using synthedit?

It's not SynthEdit, it's Flowstone.

Return to “Instruments”