Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

starting date after Black Friday (Friday, November 24 Black Friday 2017) don't seem too practical for me ;) , I would choose that one (if it's possible ofc.) with some starting discount/intro price :hyper:
Last edited by xbitz on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

adamtrance wrote:Yes, they are working on the 64 bit FlowStone so I can export native 64 bit plugin. I dont know when that will happen but I will include it for free ofcourse when it happens. I am almost done with the video, and we are working on the website at the same time. I would really like to get this out by the end of November I really dont want to drag it out any longer.
Where's the "Like" button when you need it! :clap:

adamtrance wrote:Yes, they are working on the 64 bit FlowStone so I can export native 64 bit plugin. I dont know when that will happen but I will include it for free ofcourse when it happens. I am almost done with the video, and we are working on the website at the same time. I would really like to get this out by the end of November I really dont want to drag it out any longer.
That is really positive news xbitz. In case you are in doubt Adam, it would be massively preferable if that (64bit) happened soon.

Test are being done in the Flowstone FB group. The 64 bit version of FS is in alpha stage but so far so good, the test synth I tried worked perfectly well in Windows 10.
Last edited by SampleScience on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

More good news, the sooner Viper is 64 bit native the better for all.

Synthman2000 said:

"More good news, the sooner Viper is 64 bit native the better for all."

I don't mean any offense, but it bothers me when others speak for me, and I don't feel the same way. I'm still very happy with 32 bit. Thank you.

I disagree with the word "all"

omac wrote:Synthman2000 said:

I don't mean any offense, but it bothers me when others speak for me, and I don't feel the same way. I'm still very happy with 32 bit. Thank you.

One good thing about it being 64-bit (and 32-bit) is that he probably will get more people to buy it, as some people will not purchase if it isn't available as 64-bit. More sales usually mean more development and improvements down the road.

I also would love if it was 64-bit but it's not a show stopper for me if it is only 32-bit. At least there seems to be some hope for the future. I have the JP6K and it is 32-bit only. It is also one of the few 32-bit plugins that never made the IL-bridge crash in FL Studio. As long as Viper is just as good friend with the IL-bridge, then I am happy.

It would be nice to see some love for JP6K in the future if/when flowstone become 64-bit. Super saws are lovely in JP6K and it's so easy to work with, which is perfect when want to get things from your brain into the DAW
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

JP6K will be turned into 64 bit ofcourse when FlowStone gets that new update! ;)
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

omac wrote:Synthman2000 said:

Fair enough omac, I don't have an argument for that. I suppose I am disappointed at heart (and I won't be alone). I won't buy 32 bit Viper cause system stability is significantly more important than to have a VSTi which is 1/2 of the synth I already own and I doubt I am the only person to choose that. Just a big shame the technology used to build the synth is behind the times. Life goes on.

I will purchase it immediately when it is 64 bit.

Synthman2000 wrote: which is 1/2 of the synth I already own
Don't underestimate Viper, its a more than 1/2 haha

Upcoming battle of the synths -ANA2 vs VIPER...any bets :):):)

Only my personal view having become very accustomed to the Virus TI, moreso in the last 2 months of use. I think missing 100 original WT's with Formant Complex WT position, F-Shift and F-Spread in themselves are more than 50pct of the synthesis capacity of the Virus. And arguably the most unique aspect of its capability over and above any other 3 oscillator VA.

The filter and effects are important without doubt. Although the filter has lost my love somewhat, it's ok but not great. It has its own character which is what it is and you need to work around its sweet and poor spots much like any other synth. It is quite agressive, a tad unpredictable depending on what is going into it and can be very raw and gritty. A stark contrast to anything nicely analogue modelled today.
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synthman2000 wrote:Only my personal view having become very accustomed to the Virus TI. I think missing 100 original WT's with Formant Complex WT position, F-Shift and F-Spread in themselves are more than 50pct of the synthesis capacity of the Virus. And arguably the most unique aspect of its capability over and above any other 3 oscillator VA.
Well, Viper is more like the Virus C + Hypersaw, but as I mentioned more features will be added along the line (more osc types, more fx, etc...), but I had to draw the line somewhere for version 1.0. I could spend 2 more years adding features I wanted but then it would never be complete. Also keep in mind in Viper you can use your own wavetables where as in Virus you cant, so there is that :P

I sincerely hope 64 bit release is more of a priority over and above other new featues.

Return to “Instruments”