Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Ok, i tried it out of interest and just went thru the two banks... (32bit worked fine in 32bit host/64bit OS)

I didnt hear anything that cant be done in Dune2, Zebra, Spire etc etc. Not a virus/edm fan, so its not aimed at me, but really, if you own a decent synth, you've already got it covered.

Without appearing rude, and im honestly not being horrible for the sake of it, i think Adam would have been better off making a couple of banks for those synths than being stressed for 3 years making something that already exists.

Sorry, but not impressed. :(

Hi,
Sustain Pedal not working properly with ARP sounds.

Example: Patch 079 Gated Love:

1) Hold a chord, then press Sustain -> the sound changes

2) Hold Sustain, release the keys -> ARP stops.

AnX wrote:I didnt hear anything that cant be done in Dune2, Zebra, Spire etc etc. Not a virus/edm fan, so its not aimed at me, but really, if you own a decent synth, you've already got it covered.
If you have a Hex Editor you can make any sound you want, why bother with plugins at all?

Get the point I'm trying to make?

AnX wrote:Ok, i tried it out of interest and just went thru the two banks... (32bit worked fine in 32bit host/64bit OS)

I didnt hear anything that cant be done in Dune2, Zebra, Spire etc etc. Not a virus/edm fan, so its not aimed at me, but really, if you own a decent synth, you've already got it covered.

Without appearing rude, and im honestly not being horrible for the sake of it, i think Adam would have been better off making a couple of banks for those synths than being stressed for 3 years making something that already exists.

And you are right and also wrong :) when it comes to more complex sounds, due to "weird" assigments you cannot get those more complex virus sounds anywhere else. Sure it doesnt matter that much but in certain genres you can get "that" sound only with Virus and its very hard-nearly impossible to mimic same sound in other synths :)
Last edited by Elektronisch on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Distorted Horizon wrote:
2ZrgE wrote:The arp is great stuff, always wanted sth like that..
Btw Szabo if you find some extra time at some point, I'd really like to see that arp as an own plugin.. Could get alot of usage with my other synths :D

For a small fee of course.. 10€? 15€?
I think he didn't code the arp.

I tried the demo, I loved it, and I purchased it. Some of those presets are breathtaking. I find the UI is set up very nicely. Quick and easy access to everything, and it sounds amazing! This thing really can sound like a virus! Cuts through the mix.. I could go on. I'm glad this baby is finally out. Amazing work!

AnX wrote:Ok, i tried it out of interest and just went thru the two banks... (32bit worked fine in 32bit host/64bit OS)

I personally disagree, but I guess it's like you said that you're not a fan of the Virus :). While it's true that there's nothing you literally couldn't do with any other two or three OSC VA synth, the Virus is still very popular and well-known because of it's unique character. So many other synths have tried to either emulate or be inspired by it (Reveal Sound Spire being a notable one), but you need to own one to really get the real deal. It's arguably THE synth behind modern dance music. Even Atn68's short track just now sounds fantastic.

It's not to say that other synths should be thrown away, it's limited to just dance music, or it's perfect at everything. But it's got a character like no other and it's a real treat that Viper finally enables everybody to finally have it in their DAW :phones: .

Wow. I played with the demo for several days and was just blown away. Please...patch makers...make me patch.

This is just a great synth. PLEASE 64 bit native. JBridge works great, but would love to see this thing native 64...I know I know I know, Flowstone and all.

Great work Adam. This might be the product of the year. It is so close to the real deal it makes me want to cry. Some of the filters are iffy, but no one in the "real world" would ever notice.

Just multi-kudos. Now I need to look at your other products. Somehow I missed the Roland thingy. Rock on brother.

Thanks everyone who gave some nice comments about the quick little demo I made. Viper sounds very nice and it's kind to the CPU as well. Some of the sounds that I can make with Viper I could also make with Spire, but with a higher CPU load as a result.

The sounds I used are existing presets that I tweaked (some more and some less) in order to get the sounds I wanted. It's easy to work with Viper. The GUI and workflow is logical.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

thejonsolo wrote:
This is just a great synth. PLEASE 64 bit native. JBridge works great, but would love to see this thing native 64...I know I know I know, Flowstone and all.
What do you call someone who calls other idiots for bringing up the bit thing over and over. Then derails a thread specific about the bit thing.

And then starts derailing this thread again about the bit thing.

A grand idiot?

And no, i don't want to talk about the bit thing again.
This was a post about hypocrisy.

nm

ATN69 wrote:It's easy to work with Viper. The GUI and workflow is logical.
Is there a resize-option for the GUI? It's a bit small on my HD screen....

Concerning the comparison video Virus vs. Viper: Have the patches been converted by hand or is there a converter existing?

Chris-S wrote:

Concerning the comparison video Virus vs. Viper: Have the patches been converted by hand or is there a converter existing?
Agreed - the main thing stopping me buying this right now is the screen size - it's way too small to read comfortably. Adam, please prioritize this over working on a 64bit version. There's a perfectly workable solution for 64bit (JBridge) but nothing to fix the interface being too hard to read on a modern UHD/4K screen.

Chris-S wrote:

There's no way to patch convert between them. It's not a clone, yet its very similar.

Chris-S wrote:

I don't think it has any resize option. I consider it to be acceptable in size and especially compared to Korg legacy, some AIR plugins, etc.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Return to “Instruments”