Softube Heartbeat

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't care how old it is or other threads, tried to find one that wasn't rubbish....thread-find fail.

Ok, so two things:

-Is it just me or is this amazing sounding?

but more important....

-OUCH! Let go of my CPU!!!!!!!!!

For me I'm using FL studio 12.3.beta :hihi: . The VST3 is a no-go for some reason (will ask them) and the 2.4 is a pretty high amount.

incubus wrote:I don't care how old it is or other threads, tried to find one that wasn't rubbish....thread-find fail.

Ok, so two things:

-Is it just me or is this amazing sounding?

but more important....

-OUCH! Let go of my CPU!!!!!!!!!

For me I'm using FL studio 12.3.beta :hihi: . The VST3 is a no-go for some reason (will ask them) and the 2.4 is a pretty high amount.
1- Yes. It sounds bloody amazing.
2- Haven't noticed too much CPU hit here in Logic on a 6core Mac Pro. Whether that is a software thing, or the fact I never really run tons of plug ins I can't be sure.

Hmmmmmm, thanks.

I'll contact them.

Yep, great product sound and usability wise. Still can't understand why it gets so little love?

It isn't a lightweight on CPU that's for sure but on my quad core i7 3rd gen laptop I'm not particularly suffering when running two instances in Live on windows 10. My recently replaced dual core i7 would run 2 instances happily but could take a fair chunk of cpu making projects with other cpu hungry plugins an issue.

Are you struggling running one instance on your setup? Is it a fairly modern machine?

Does it have mono outs? How many?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

kenobi77 wrote:Yep, great product sound and usability wise. Still can't understand why it gets so little love?

It isn't a lightweight on CPU that's for sure but on my quad core i7 3rd gen laptop I'm not particularly suffering when running two instances in Live on windows 10. My recently replaced dual core i7 would run 2 instances happily but could take a fair chunk of cpu making projects with other cpu hungry plugins an issue.

Are you struggling running one instance on your setup? Is it a fairly modern machine?
Two instances is about all I get but my template is pretty high. FL studio is just like every other host, a mystery in how it distributes things :hihi:

I dunno about anyone else, but the reason I'm even considering this is that I can make quick nice sounding messes that don't have me spending 2 hours trying to figure out what f**king sound I want ;) That's a first for me.

Pretty magical indeed. Easily my favorite drum software.

It gets a bit CPU hungry here for sure. I'm on Win 9 in Live. It isn't terrible or crippling or anything, but it's certainly notable. Worth it for me in this case.

Very underrated imo. It sounds great!

Not that light on the CPU, but not that bad either.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

It's very nice for straightforward analog drum machine sounds. The built in effects also rock super hard. The fx are the CPU hog in my experience. Even running the same softube plug as a plugin outside of heartbeat is slightly more efficient . It's less convenient but noticeably better on the CPU usage. Also slightly more flexible mix-wise. It is pretty great though. If nothing else it's an awesome tool to grab when softube does a sale.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Some people think Heartbeat sounds amazing, while others are completely unimpressed. I am one of the former. I suppose the lack of a sequencer puts some people off. I prefer to use my DAWs sequencer anyway. Also the integration of this into Softube Modular makes it a way more versatile product.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Dammit you people stop tryina sell me more stuff I don't need! :lol: :cry:

Ah_Dziz wrote:It's very nice for straightforward analog drum machine sounds. The built in effects also rock super hard. The fx are the CPU hog in my experience. Even running the same softube plug as a plugin outside of heartbeat is slightly more efficient . It's less convenient but noticeably better on the CPU usage. Also slightly more flexible mix-wise. It is pretty great though. If nothing else it's an awesome tool to grab when softube does a sale.

JJ
I think that is part of it, even if you have the dynamite off. I haven't dug deep, so not sure if you can kill some of that. I also believe that the EQ is part of it, pretty good.

Has anyone had the "error" in FL studio for vst3? I've seen that some other people have had similar ones with vst3 in FL studio. Shit like this always bugs me even thought the vst2 is fine.

deastman wrote:Some people think Heartbeat sounds amazing, while others are completely unimpressed. I am one of the former. I suppose the lack of a sequencer puts some people off. I prefer to use my DAWs sequencer anyway. Also the integration of this into Softube Modular makes it a way more versatile product.
One gas crisis at a time, PLEASE! :hihi:

I dunno how to explain the sound. I like nerve, but got bored with it because it was too deep at times. I just about despise everything else in that category because like I said, I spend more time futzing around instead of just getting that one good bong-hit :hihi:

It sounds great, even if limited in it sound scope, the interface is not that bad. I would personally like a version with out the effectsnad the shuffle section to simplify the GUI.

With modular it becomes more interesting, being able to modulate the different parts.
dedication to flying

While Heartbeat has become my preferred choice for a lot of drums, I should mention that I'm now often pairing it up with D16 PunchBox for my kick sounds. That thing sounds absolutely amazing IMHO.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Instruments”