Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
User avatar
EnGee
KVRAF
 
3517 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland

Postby EnGee; Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:04 am Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

thecontrolcentre wrote:
EnGee wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:So exactly HOW was I being unfair? I did not complain about any company. I said "if they had been clear none of this would have happened". Is that untrue? Surely NI could have said that the version being auctioned was download only, to avoid this sort of confusion. :?

Why should you or I suppose it is not a download version?!! If they sell it as a download version?!!

I'm completely with you if the product is only a box version (like before), but it is already sold as a download version, what's strange in that?

I didn't make any assumptions, but it seems that the person who made the winning bid did. If it had been made clear it was download only, he has stayed he would not have made his (fairly substantial) winning bid.

It is not NI fault neither Luftrum. Here from the first page:

Native Instruments
Website: http://native-instruments.com
Donating: Native Instruments would love to participate. They are offering 2 x Komplete Ultimate licenses.

Where do you see something indicate a box version? It is the bidder responsibility to ask. Did he ask if the version is download or boxed? So, why it must be NI or Luftrum fault that there is no 'clear' wording about the download?! Why it is not the bidder fault that he didn't check before bidding?!

Usually we ask to be sure of something before bidding, right? Not assuming! (and then blame the others for not being clear!!).

Anyway, this will bring only negative impact on the charity and this is why I'm sad. I'm thinking of next year, will NI be kind and participate?

Good night,
i5 & i7 Windows 10 64bit, Presonus iTwo, PX-5S, Blofeld and Yamaha HS7.
User avatar
ATN69
KVRian
 
985 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:07 am Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

whyterabbyt wrote:
EnGee wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:So exactly HOW was I being unfair? I did not complain about any company. I said "if they had been clear none of this would have happened". Is that untrue? Surely NI could have said that the version being auctioned was download only, to avoid this sort of confusion. :?

Why should you or I suppose it is not a download version?!! If they sell it as a download version?!!

I'm completely with you if the product is only a box version (like before), but it is already sold as a download version, what's strange in that?


Its also sold boxed. Removing potential ambiguity is good, Im not sure why you would have a problem with that.


..or the bidder could have asked? This point can be twisted and turned until the time is coming to an end. Personally I just think both the bidder and Luftrum / NI over looked this point. That's very human :shrug: ..doesn't make anyone wrong or bad.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7, 8Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 12
User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
 
24561 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:10 am Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

ATN69 wrote:..or the bidder could have asked? This point can be twisted and turned until the time is coming to an end. Personally I just think both the bidder and Luftrum / NI over looked this point. That's very human :shrug: ..doesn't make anyone wrong or bad.


Noone said it did.

I dont understand this; a suggestion was made about avoiding issues, but the response was as though it was an attack or criticism. Are we not allowed to make suggestions about how to avoid issues without that becoming an issue?
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
20154 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:16 am Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

8) 8)
EnGee wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
EnGee wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:So exactly HOW was I being unfair? I did not complain about any company. I said "if they had been clear none of this would have happened". Is that untrue? Surely NI could have said that the version being auctioned was download only, to avoid this sort of confusion. :?

Why should you or I suppose it is not a download version?!! If they sell it as a download version?!!

I'm completely with you if the product is only a box version (like before), but it is already sold as a download version, what's strange in that?

I didn't make any assumptions, but it seems that the person who made the winning bid did. If it had been made clear it was download only, he has stayed he would not have made his (fairly substantial) winning bid.

It is not NI fault neither Luftrum. Here from the first page:

Native Instruments
Website: http://native-instruments.com
Donating: Native Instruments would love to participate. They are offering 2 x Komplete Ultimate licenses.

Where do you see something indicate a box version? It is the bidder responsibility to ask. Did he ask if the version is download or boxed? So, why it must be NI or Luftrum fault that there is no 'clear' wording about the download?! Why it is not the bidder fault that he didn't check before bidding?!

Usually we ask to be sure of something before bidding, right? Not assuming! (and then blame the others for not being clear!!).

Anyway, this will bring only negative impact on the charity and this is why I'm sad. I'm thinking of next year, will NI be kind and participate?

Good night,

I did not say anything about anyone being at fault. You are just looking for an argument. :roll:
User avatar
paulmatthew
KVRist
 
84 posts since 30 Mar, 2013, from U.S.A.

Postby paulmatthew; Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:18 am Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

How is it that Komplete was unable to be downloaded in the first place ? I don't recall seeing the other winner reporting an issue with getting their product . Anyone who has Komplete or has looked into it knows how large it is. It just seems a little strange .

I've had good experiences with NI products and their support team . I hope they will overlook this incident and not let this leave a bad taste in their mouth regarding the Call to Arms Charity event. This probably should have been handled with PM direct to Luftrum .

Maybe next year , any products not delivered within the one week timeframe after emails have been sent out should only be dealt with by PM to Luftrum rather than directly on the charity forum . Just a thought .
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
20154 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:21 am Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

paulmatthew wrote:How is it that Komplete was unable to be downloaded in the first place ? I don't recall seeing the other winner reporting an issue with getting their product . Anyone who has Komplete or has looked into it knows how large it is. It just seems a little strange .

I've had good experiences with NI products and their support team . I hope they will overlook this incident and not let this leave a bad taste in their mouth regarding the Call to Arms Charity event. This probably should have been handled with PM direct to Luftrum .

Maybe next year , any products not delivered within the one week timeframe after emails have been sent out should only be dealt with by PM to Luftrum rather than directly on the charity forum . Just a thought .

Everything is explained earlier in the thread (page 131 on). It's all sorted out now anyway. ;)
BBFG#
KVRAF
 
5093 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:08 am Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

:neutral:
Last edited by BBFG# on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zarf
KVRist
 
129 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Postby zarf; Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 pm Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

As one of the non-silent few who may not have helped the situation with NI and BBFG# (and if that was the case, my sincere apologies), a last comment from me:

Big appreciation to NI for both your generous donation and for kindly going the extra mile to fix the situation. Total Respect to you. :hug: :clap:

To BBFG# - your situation was unfortunate with the whole satellite not being useable followed by not having a normal download link that you could use from another computer. I totally understand why you were not happy with that, and your efforts to get it sorted out. You seem to have acted fairly to me - and I'm just glad it has worked out in the end - seems like it's one of those situations in life where it gets complicated and messy despite best intentions all round. :hug:

To all - hey - let's not let this little blip get in the way of celebrating such a successful charity auction :) Great job everyone involved - especially Luftrum of course and all the kind sponsors who donated their work. This awkward situation is minor compared to the good that has been done here and I suggest we all focus on that and look forward to next year's event in good heart! :party: :tu: :)

Peace to you all!
Franvu
KVRist
 
63 posts since 7 Sep, 2014, from Spain

Postby Franvu; Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:34 am Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

I have received Omnisphere yesterday.
Too happy and overwhelmed with the synth!
Cheers.
User avatar
Luftrum
KVRian
 
1380 posts since 3 Jul, 2007, from Denmark

Postby Luftrum; Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:55 am Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

Good news! The charity diploma's arrived today, together with a thank-you note from Jonas Lindholm who is the CEO of Save the Children Denmark. See below. Thanks again to all who contributed and helped me out...

Dear Sponsors of the KVR Charity 2016 via Luftrum,

Allow me to send my warmest thanks to all of you for your kind and generous donations to Charity 2016. You have collectively gathered approx. 30.000 USD – which is an enormous amount for an online charity event for Save the Children Denmark. More importantly, your donations may likely represent the difference between life and death for some of the world’s most deprived, conflict-affected children, namely the 1.5 mio Syrian refugee children who have fled a brutal war and now live a life of unimagineable hardship as a refugee in the neighboring countries of Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq. Every day is struggle for these children. Many children are both physically affected and psychologically traumatized by the loss of their homes, parents, siblings, friends etc. They face everyday risks no child should ever fear such as early marriage, violence, forced conscription into religious rebel groups, hazardous child labour among other things. And a majority of children are not able to attend school and enjoy quality teaching, in large part due to lack of learning centres, teachers and humanitarian funding. All the Syrian refugee children have is hope. Hope to regain some of their childhood which the war in Syria stole from them. Hope for a better life.

This is what your generous donation to Save the Children supports. As the largest children’s organization in Syria and neighboring countries we touch the lives - and change the lives - of many hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugee children. We reunite children with their parents/relatives, ensure medical treatment of wounded children, provide safe centers for the vulnerable, help them cope with their traumas, run child feeding and nutrition interventions and invest in their education. These are all essential programmes that we run at a very large scale across the whole region.

We wish that we could change the course of the conflict in order to bring peace and stability to a whole generation of Syrian children. Unfortunately, we cannot. But we invest all our expertise and resources into these children in order to ensure their survival, protection and empowerment - so one day they can be agents of change in their own life and hopefully take active part in rebuilding their home country. It may take years for the conflict to stop. Save the Children will stand by the Syrian children throughout those years. We will not let them down. That’s our commitment to the Syrian children.

By supporting Save the Children you have just made our job a little bit easier and the everyday life of many Syrian children a lot better.

Sincere thanks

Jonas Keiding Lindholm
CEO, Save the Children Denmark / Red Barnet


Image
Luftrum
Sound Designer
www.luftrum.com
emanuelsj
KVRist
 
250 posts since 22 Dec, 2005

Postby emanuelsj; Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:58 am Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

Dude, you're legend! Thank you for all the good energy you put in motion through this Charity event! :)
User avatar
coincidental
KVRist
 
455 posts since 5 Sep, 2011, from Sussex, UK

Postby coincidental; Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:12 pm Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

emanuelsj wrote:Dude, you're legend! Thank you for all the good energy you put in motion through this Charity event! :)

+1 :tu:
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone
TheKid
KVRian
 
707 posts since 13 Aug, 2012, from Location: Location: Location: Location

Postby TheKid; Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:30 pm Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

Just cool. :)
fl0514n
KVRer
 
8 posts since 15 Sep, 2016

Postby fl0514n; Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:16 pm Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

fantastic! :clap: :tu:
User avatar
Lesha
KVRian
 
1034 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:22 pm Re: Call to Arms: Charity 2016 ($33364 raised.)

Well done :)
It's easy if you know how
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments