Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Touch The Universe
KVRAF

2986 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby Touch The Universe; Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:04 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

Indeed, rapid is an amazing synth, capable of just about any sound, and doing it relatively quickly and intuitively.

Congrats on getting Lush-101!. It is another amazing synth, especially for your type of music. I'm not sure what smth stands for, but if you mean a soundset, yes I do. Check out cloud layers, it bundles up all 3 of them in one ;) You can check out the demos on my site. Theres a lot there, and should definetely let you hear some of its potential.
High Quality Soundsets with a generous amount of presets. The Latest: Nimbus Soundset for Largo.
http://www.touch-the-universe.com/
recursive one
KVRAF

2855 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:11 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

yes, I meant the soundset, now listening to the democlips from your site.

It's goa time! :)
It's not all about how close something is to the bleeding edge of technology or how long the feature list is. If it sounds good to you, it sounds good to you, full stop. (C) Vectorman
Touch The Universe
KVRAF

Postby Touch The Universe; Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:12 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

Here is a link to the lush-101 soundset I mentioned. It has 880 presets, perfect for the type of music you make. Feel free to listen to the audio demo's, and a videos, showcasing some of the sounds. Lush-101 is amazing for goa trance/ psy type of sounds for sure, especially since it is based on the sh-101, which itself is iconic to the early days of goa.

http://touch-the-universe.com/luSH-101- ... tches.html

Feel free to pick it up if you want. You can use them as starting off points and save yourself months of time, or see how they were constructed. If you have any questions on how to use lush-101 or how to get a certain type of sound, what works best, let me know and I'll be glad help. I love lush-101 and talking about sound design in general. Peace 8)

Edit* Oops, looks like you beat me too it :D :tu:
High Quality Soundsets with a generous amount of presets. The Latest: Nimbus Soundset for Largo.
Touch The Universe
KVRAF

Postby Touch The Universe; Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:21 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

A cross between a synthesized cello sound and a choir type sound, using heavy reverb and an ensemble. There are a total of 3 layers used, each with there own gate. I cycle through the macros and tweak the dry/wet on the gate of the layers. It is a live improvisation in one sitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISDgFuuhrX4&t=2s

Price Update : 20$ instead of 24$ (Save nearly 20%)
e-musician
KVRer

13 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby e-musician; Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:48 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

I purchased Rapid some time ago and I must say that I am pretty happy with it.

However, I have got some questions aiming at getting to know the synth better, and I wondered if somebody could help me out.

1) On the website it says about the installation process (which I, of course, have gone through successfully):

“Download and execute the following installation files.
Rapid.1.x.x.Setup.Win.exe
Rapid.Factory.Sounds.1.0.0.Setup.Win.zip”

In fact, when I downloaded the synth, I got a third file called “PW Factory Sounds Drums”. What am I supposed to do with this one or where am I supposed to put it? The installer did not ask for it.

2) One of the factory patches is called “Noise Riser (Uplifter 4bars)”, which was programmed by Mirko Ruta and which can be found in the “Effects” category. How does this one work, or, to be precise: What parameters must I change so it could be adapted to any numbers of bars, say, 1 bar, 2 bars or 8 bars? I am aware that this might also be a question about programming sounds in general (and you will notice that I am not so experienced here, so please, have mercy…).

3) Another factory patch I have a question about is simply called “Pattern 1” (sound category “Drum Loops”, programmed by René Sander). It showcases how midi patterns can be used to trigger the arpeggiator.
Is it correct that I cannot edit this MIDI pattern inside the arp window of Rapid and that, for editing, I would have to drag and drop it into my DAW?
So I d&d the 1 bar MIDI sequence into Cubase, worked fine. When I started Cubase, though, the sequence triggered only the first beat of the 1 bar sequence. In Rapid’s arp window you can see how the marker jumps back again after one beat only (which in this case means that the snare cannot be heard, it only comes on the second beat). What have I done wrong here?
woodsdenis
KVRian

1365 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby woodsdenis; Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:42 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

The PW factory drum sounds are the drum sounds in Wav files for you to use separately . Not needed for the install you could use them in other samplers for example
Mac Pro
10.12.4 Digi 96 io
Cubase 9, Ableton Live 9.7, Bitwig 1.3
twal
KVRist

130 posts since 10 Feb, 2017

Postby twal; Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:19 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

Touch The Universe wrote:Here is a link to the lush-101 soundset I mentioned. It has 880 presets, perfect for the type of music you make. Feel free to listen to the audio demo's, and a videos, showcasing some of the sounds. Lush-101 is amazing for goa trance/ psy type of sounds for sure, especially since it is based on the sh-101, which itself is iconic to the early days of goa.

Feel free to pick it up if you want. You can use them as starting off points and save yourself months of time, or see how they were constructed. If you have any questions on how to use lush-101 or how to get a certain type of sound, what works best, let me know and I'll be glad help. I love lush-101 and talking about sound design in general. Peace 8)

Hey, thanks for showing love I have listened to your soundsets and I am very interested in picking up some for LuSH-101 in the near future. There aren't very many who have made them for this synth and I will definitely have questions for you down the line if you are open to any.
parawave
KVRist

142 posts since 15 Mar, 2016, from Germany

Postby parawave; Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:17 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

e-musician wrote:2) One of the factory patches is called “Noise Riser (Uplifter 4bars)”, which was programmed by Mirko Ruta and which can be found in the “Effects” category. How does this one work, or, to be precise: What parameters must I change so it could be adapted to any numbers of bars, say, 1 bar, 2 bars or 8 bars? I am aware that this might also be a question about programming sounds in general (and you will notice that I am not so experienced here, so please, have mercy…).
In this patch, the filter cutoff is modulated via SEQ A. It's the R1 routing entry in the matrix at the bottom. Look at the shape of the sequence, it's a simple ramp. How fast the ramp rises can be set with RATE. It's set on 2/1. This means it takes 2 bars, for 1 sequencer step. So in sum, 4 bars for two ramp steps.

e-musician wrote:Is it correct that I cannot edit this MIDI pattern inside the arp window of Rapid and that, for editing, I would have to drag and drop it into my DAW?So I d&d the 1 bar MIDI sequence into Cubase, worked fine. When I started Cubase, though, the sequence triggered only the first beat of the 1 bar sequence. In Rapid’s arp window you can see how the marker jumps back again after one beat only (which in this case means that the snare cannot be heard, it only comes on the second beat). What have I done wrong here?
You can drag the MIDI sequence into your DAWs note editor, edit it, and drag it back to Rapid. Can't imagine exactly how your sequence looks, just make sure that the MIDI you drag in is really the complete sequence. And if you play it back, the note that plays/triggers the ARP MIDI sequence has to be hold down the entire sequence!
e-musician
KVRer

13 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby e-musician; Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:24 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

@woodsdenis and parawave
Thank you very much, guys! All problems solved, all questions answered. You're awesome!

In the case of the "Noise Riser" patch I have also found that the rate of Sequence B (which modulates the volume of Osc A) must be changed as well. So parawave, you are a good teacher (and obviously I am a good learner :wink: ).
Touch The Universe
KVRAF

Postby Touch The Universe; Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:06 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

twal wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:Here is a link to the lush-101 soundset I mentioned. It has 880 presets, perfect for the type of music you make. Feel free to listen to the audio demo's, and a videos, showcasing some of the sounds. Lush-101 is amazing for goa trance/ psy type of sounds for sure, especially since it is based on the sh-101, which itself is iconic to the early days of goa.

Hey, thanks for showing love I have listened to your soundsets and I am very interested in picking up some for LuSH-101 in the near future. There aren't very many who have made them for this synth and I will definitely have questions for you down the line if you are open to any.

Hey man :) It really is my pleasure, by all means ask away and I'll be happy to help :D I've spent many pleasurable months day in and day out with the synth and have learned some really neat tricks and where it shines best. If you even have any specific sound design questions, I'd be happy to make a video tutorial for you. Same thing goes with Rapid guys :)
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Touch The Universe
KVRAF

Postby Touch The Universe; Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:33 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

Here's another video :D This time showcasing a vocal like pad using some additive wavetables blended in. It also has a reversed pad type quality to it. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZrI_AictnI
parawave
KVRist

142 posts since 15 Mar, 2016, from Germany

Postby parawave; Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:24 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

New RAPID Version 1.0.4

Additions:
- Sustain Pedal Hold.
- Aftertouch & Channel Pressure.
- Midi CC Learn/Unlearn.
- VST/AU Parameter recording.

Changes:
- Named MIDI CC.
- Master Mixer faders now also use a context menu.
- Preset info box now disappears after a few seconds.

Fixes:
- Poly note now retriggers sustained note.
- Rare note off miss in arpeggiator patterns.
Touch The Universe
KVRAF

Postby Touch The Universe; Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:39 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

Awesome. I received the email a bit ago and was wondering when you were going to share this here. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with the sustain pedal :)
recursive one
KVRAF

2855 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:44 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

parawave wrote:- Aftertouch & Channel Pressure.

:tu:

Just tried to find it yesterday in the mod sources :)
It's not all about how close something is to the bleeding edge of technology or how long the feature list is. If it sounds good to you, it sounds good to you, full stop. (C) Vectorman
Examigan
KVRAF

4026 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:11 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW also for MacOS X !

parawave wrote:New RAPID Version 1.0.4

Additions:
- Sustain Pedal Hold.
- Aftertouch & Channel Pressure.
- Midi CC Learn/Unlearn.
- VST/AU Parameter recording.

Changes:
- Named MIDI CC.
- Master Mixer faders now also use a context menu.
- Preset info box now disappears after a few seconds.

Fixes:
- Poly note now retriggers sustained note.
- Rare note off miss in arpeggiator patterns.

:party:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments