RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Hi guys. It's my bday so I'm running a flash sale for 48 hours for all my soundsets. As part of the sale, northern lights can be picked up for $7. :party:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Hi guys. It's my bday so I'm running a flash sale for 48 hours for all my soundsets. As part of the sale, northern lights can be picked up for $7. :party:
:party: Happy birthday! :party:

I don't own Rapid and I can't really justify $270 Canadian for this synth, say compared to its competition.

Regardless, I picked up some of your soundsets!

Touch The Universe wrote:Hi guys. It's my bday so I'm running a flash sale for 48 hours for all my soundsets. As part of the sale, northern lights can be picked up for $7. :party:
Happy Birthday from me too :party: unfortunately I don't own a synth from your list. Rapid is twice expensive as it should be.

Hey, is there ever going to be an actual manual for Rapid? I would think there would be one after all this time. The online user guide seems to have been abandoned.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

It is kinda quiet indeed...

What have you expected? A very small company with one overpriced product and no chance to beat a synth like serum. I think in one year rapid is history.

exmatproton wrote:It is kinda quiet indeed...
Iirc, there was a big update announced a couple of months ago adressing the sample/wavetable import requests, so one can't say that it is completely quiet here. IMO the fact that Parawave doesn't try to turn this forum into his presonal blog like some other devs do shouldn't make him any less credible.
Orbit-50 wrote:Hey, is there ever going to be an actual manual for Rapid? I would think there would be one after all this time. The online user guide seems to have been abandoned.
The online manual seems to be mostly completed (except that I failed to find the explanation of the insert effects, e.g. I'd love to know how the "tone fuzz" actually works)

https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_guide
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I would be willing to have a closer look at this if it wasnt for the NFR. Did that change? If not why not? Most of the big players do license transfers one way or another.

recursive one wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:Hey, is there ever going to be an actual manual for Rapid? I would think there would be one after all this time. The online user guide seems to have been abandoned.
The online manual seems to be mostly completed (except that I failed to find the explanation of the insert effects, e.g. I'd love to know how the "tone fuzz" actually works)

Yeah, there's some stuff there, but I would love to see some arpeggiator/sequencer tutorials, modulation routing hints and tips etc.. Maybe I'm crazy. I don't know, but I like looking at that type of stuff.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Orbit-50 wrote:
recursive one wrote:

Yeah, there's some stuff there, but I would love to see some arpeggiator/sequencer tutorials, modulation routing hints and tips etc.. Maybe I'm crazy. I don't know, but I like looking at that type of stuff.
Indeed, the arpeggiator, sequencer and LFOs are not mentioned anywhere, so it was my mistake to call the manual "mostly completed". Anyway things have progressed a lot since the last time I've checked.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Indeed, the arpeggiator, sequencer and LFOs are not mentioned anywhere, so it was my mistake to call the manual "mostly completed". Anyway things have progressed a lot since the last time I've checked.
I was gonna call you out on that but I refrained. :hihi:

The thing is, is that it is informative as far as what's there, which is only the bare essentials, so your statement was not that far off, but it should include the rest of what Rapid has to offer to make it complete.

Taurus wrote:What have you expected? A very small company with one overpriced product and no chance to beat a synth like serum. I think in one year rapid is history.
Is there a precedent for this?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

The update is almost finished. Just a few minor things and obligatory test runs.

New design of the oscillator source browser, with different tabs for wavetables, multi-samples and import. Support for user libraries!
01_new_source_browser.png
Wavetabe, multi-sample and Resynthesis import ! You can drag multiple files, .wav, .aif and then choose your import method. It's also possible to directly drop files into the oscillator display.
02_import_dialog.png
When creating multi-samples, the mapper detects and automatically lays out all samples from the embedded root key information, or the key within a filename. Velocity layer and round robin samples are also supported.
03_multisample_mapping.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The wavetable importer supports different frame sizes and uses internal resampling. Yes, you can just drop existing Serum tables with a framesize of 2048 samples and use them with directly with Rapid.
04_wavetable_import.png
A "publish" feature, to easily pack your library into a self-contained .zip file. These "user libraries" are quickly installable via "Library > Add..." function.
05_library_export.png
A downloadable PDF manual is in development. Please don't forget, Rapid has a lot of meaningful tooltips for every knob. The stuff that is not explained in them is mostly in the user guide or too obvious for explanation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

looks promising! any good news on the licence transfer policy then too? 8)

Return to “Instruments”