Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
sircuit
KVRist

261 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:46 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Caine123 wrote:
sircuit wrote:
Caine123 wrote:See he is just ignoring what he doesnt like :D

I still don’t get why you are hanging in this thread as long as you’re not a customer. OK, The license can’t be resold. We get it. There’s no need to remind us in a weekly basis. Gosh, you’re Wagtunes v2.0

Then im wag2. It is sneaky tactics from a dev to not point that clear to customers. And hope that new customers dont miss this info.

Parawave reploed asap when i was interested with soundquestions but with e.g. nfr question he is silent. I hate such sneaky behavior and spread the word.

Look, I personally never sold any plug-in I purchased (and don’t plan to - it’s funny at a pointed I though about selling Avenger as it squeezes my GPU same way as Call of Duty does, but got somehow better after 20 updates) but I know for a fact that different manufacturers have very different policies. Sonnox comes to mind. Now, if someone is frequently selling plugs, I would think he/she would read the Terms and Conditions to see exactly how a license can be transferred - at least this is how I would do. So I believe either on a faq list either in terms you can find this info for Rapid. And if you don’t like the terms, you don’t buy. You say is sneaky tactics - there is no company out there which adds the resale conditions on the first page along the features list. And I can see why: is there anyone in this thread bothered by this aspect except you?
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
chk071
KVRAF

13811 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:54 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

There might be a handful. :hihi: I don't think the vast majority of buyers is bothered by it at all. And, frankly, i don't expect a dev to be here for every and any question there is either. The fact he is here is already a bonus in my book. FWIW.
Good synths don't have a sweet spot. They ARE the sweet spot.
kokotte
KVRian

614 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Postby kokotte; Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:57 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Caine123 wrote:
sircuit wrote:

I still don’t get why you are hanging in this thread as long as you’re not a customer. OK, The license can’t be resold. We get it. There’s no need to remind us in a weekly basis. Gosh, you’re Wagtunes v2.0

Then im wag2. It is sneaky tactics from a dev to not point that clear to customers. And hope that new customers dont miss this info.

Parawave reploed asap when i was interested with soundquestions but with e.g. nfr question he is silent. I hate such sneaky behavior and spread the word.

from the site:
https://parawave-audio.com/terms
anoise
KVRist

76 posts since 1 Jul, 2009

Postby anoise; Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:00 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

When could we expect the new Skins / UI to be implemented?
Any screenshots or previews? :)
re23071998
KVRist

97 posts since 11 Aug, 2016

Postby re23071998; Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:04 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

here's my shitty sketches :hihi:
parawave
KVRist

156 posts since 15 Mar, 2016, from Germany

Postby parawave; Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:30 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Nice try :tu:
Not so easy as one might thing, right? Especially the different tabs and FX.

anoise wrote:When could we expect the new Skins / UI to be implemented?
Any screenshots or previews? :)
Nothing to show yet, although most assets are finished and the general theme system is ready. As always, there is a lot under the hood that users typical don't see. The last step is to finally assemble everything, which takes a while. I was hoping to release it in 2017 but more realistically, with all the holidays coming, it will probably be finished in early 2018.
But it will look nice and there will be a bunch of themes provided by us.
anoise
KVRist

76 posts since 1 Jul, 2009

Postby anoise; Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:34 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Very nice! Thanks for the information.
Mirko R.
KVRist

109 posts since 8 Oct, 2016, from Hagen | Germany

Postby Mirko R.; Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

re23071998 wrote:here's my shitty sketches :hihi:

Not bad. A skin like this would give me new inspiration. :-)

Here is something new I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFjM_YmcpDk
xanthos
KVRist

144 posts since 8 Mar, 2004

Postby xanthos; Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:00 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

sircuit wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
sircuit wrote:

Look, I personally never sold any plug-in I purchased (and don’t plan to - it’s funny at a pointed I though about selling Avenger as it squeezes my GPU same way as Call of Duty does, but got somehow better after 20 updates) but I know for a fact that different manufacturers have very different policies. Sonnox comes to mind. Now, if someone is frequently selling plugs, I would think he/she would read the Terms and Conditions to see exactly how a license can be transferred - at least this is how I would do. So I believe either on a faq list either in terms you can find this info for Rapid. And if you don’t like the terms, you don’t buy. You say is sneaky tactics - there is no company out there which adds the resale conditions on the first page along the features list. And I can see why: is there anyone in this thread bothered by this aspect except you?

Yes I support that, too. The company behind Rapid is shady as hell about their nfr policy.
And in no way I have ever found a company behave so unfriendly and unprofessional if you ask them about plugin transfers. I cannot recommend buying anything from Parawave at all.
sircuit
KVRist

Postby sircuit; Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:55 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

xanthos wrote: The company behind Rapid is shady as hell about their nfr policy.
And in no way I have ever found a company behave so unfriendly and unprofessional if you ask them about plugin transfers.

Let me LOL and show you my iLok account for Slate Digital.

chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:17 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

xanthos wrote:The company behind Rapid is shady as hell about their nfr policy.

TBH, i find a couple of members on this site more shady than any company i've ever come along.

BTW, there's a good workaround, when you have issues with a company's business policy. Don't buy from them! I know, shockingly simple, but, it really works. At least it works ten times better than a thousand words written on an internet forum.
sircuit
KVRist

Postby sircuit; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

I think they're second-hand plug-ins dealers and they get mad every time a company choses to avoid the second hand market. If I'd stay & comment on threads for every software I don't like I will not even have tiem to sleep
Target In Flesh
KVRer

14 posts since 2 Dec, 2017

Postby Target In Flesh; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Parawave's refund policy leaves a lot to be desired.

Taken from their terms and conditions.

Refund of digital products

Because our products are digital goods delivered via Internet Download we generally offer no refunds.

Is that legal?
Or even ethical?
Surely the Digital Purchaser has consumer rights?
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:32 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

"Ethical". :lol:

It's ethical for a business to make money to get food on the table... for them, and their employers. And it's also ethical for consumers to say no, if they don't like a company and their policy. Stop big-mouthing, start acting.

This is agitating in the worst from, time for you to realize that.

And, BTW, welcome to KVR. ;)
frizzbee
KVRist

152 posts since 11 Jan, 2015

Postby frizzbee; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:40 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Target In Flesh wrote:Parawave's refund policy leaves a lot to be desired.

Taken from their terms and conditions.

Refund of digital products

Because our products are digital goods delivered via Internet Download we generally offer no refunds.

Is that legal?
Or even ethical?
Surely the Digital Purchaser has consumer rights?

surely it is legal within some conditions (you can google them). is it a sad move? yes i tihnk so. can't remember such discussions with other companies. but in the end that doesn't explain anything about their motiviation. on the other side i can totally understand every customer that is very sceptical. seems like Avenger won the battle allthough they had some initial problems.

anyways within the eu you could sell the plugin with no hassle. just saying :wink: but yeah just not buying it is the smartest way.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments