Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
kiezum
KVRist

418 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby kiezum; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

To view this in another perspective:

Yes, the idea is that companies who are not benificial to the society will not survive. The problem is that some business are not playing fair. For example, large companies we all buy from, who are dumping waste in third world countries. Or let people work long hours in unhealthy factories for almost no money.

Luckely, music software companies can't do much harm. Let us direct our anger to the companies who are really harming people. And be careful what we buy from them.
kiezum
KVRist

Postby kiezum; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:48 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

frizzbee wrote:anyways within the eu you could sell the plugin with no hassle. just saying :wink: but yeah just not buying it is the smartest way.

Yes, but many european companies don't give the option to transfer licenses (Image Line). In europe you can also send a product back within 2 weeks. But when you buy a digital product you always have to agree that you can't return a digital product.

Well, the european laws don't seem to be effective.
chk071
KVRAF

13811 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:48 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Well, even the companies you're talking about don't consist solely of bosses and managers, they consist of many, many "normal" employees.

But, i wouldn't know how such an example fits here anyway. Parawave, AFAIC, is a 2 man business, or so. And people are already crying unfair and unethical... i really wonder nowadays, the morals are completely messed up, especially when you're at the same time agitating on an internet forum, messing up threads, instead of directing your concerns towards the company (after all, there's the contact forms and email addresses on the site for such cases). WTF is wrong with the people these days.
Good synths don't have a sweet spot. They ARE the sweet spot.
kiezum
KVRist

Postby kiezum; Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:58 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

chk071 wrote:Well, even the companies you're talking about don't consist solely of bosses and managers, they consist of many, many "normal" employees.

But, i wouldn't know how such an example fits here anyway. Parawave, AFAIC, is a 2 man business, or so. And people are already crying unfair and unethical... i really wonder nowadays, the morals are completely messed up, especially when you're at the same time agitating on an internet forum, messing up threads, instead of directing your concerns towards the company (after all, there's the contact forms and email addresses on the site for such cases). WTF is wrong with the people these days.

Just getting things in perspective. I'm in that kind of mood. Sorry, I was not trying to mess up the tread.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

I didn't mean you in particular, sorry if it came over that way. I mean the people screaming for blood on the last page. I just don't get it. Why not email the developers, why take the dirty laundry here, even trying to influence other people's decisions, as if the devs murdered someone. Really, people have too much time on their hand, to get obsessed about something, and to agitate all day long.

And why even bother about resale policies? Do you buy something with the thought in mind that you will end up selling it anyway? Especially for the recent discount price of 100 €, i don't even see much of a point in being able to resell it. Jeez. It's not like you bought a car for 10.000 €.
tl
KVRist

423 posts since 7 May, 2002, from ... , germany

Postby tl; Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

chk071 wrote:I didn't mean you in particular, sorry if it came over that way. I mean the people screaming for blood on the last page. I just don't get it. Why not email the developers, why take the dirty laundry here, even trying to influence other people's decisions, as if the devs murdered someone. Really, people have too much time on their hand, to get obsessed about something, and to agitate all day long.

And why even bother about resale policies? Do you buy something with the thought in mind that you will end up selling it anyway? Especially for the recent discount price of 100 €, i don't even see much of a point in being able to resell it. Jeez. It's not like you bought a car for 10.000 €.

+1

I tried to go through this over hundred pages long thread to gather some useful information and read about user experiences but it's hard and exhausting... rants and pseudo political statements concerning the pricing and resale policy, bitching about the GUI and strange competitive comparisons with other instruments...
Even some plain statements concerning the feature set were made with a unsettling word choice here and there. This seems to be a continuous growing instrument... if you miss something make a grounded and respectful feature request.
There's a demo version, there's a product page with a stated price and easy to read terms & conditions. Read up on it, testride it and then take it or leave it.
And if you're in a certain special mood please create a new thread... maybe in 'everything else', 'off topic' or even 'hyde park'...

Cheers,
tl.
Target In Flesh
KVRer

14 posts since 2 Dec, 2017

Postby Target In Flesh; Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Well there's a cut down demo that won't allow the user to test all the features. Variously capped in ways I cannot understand.
And then there's the NO Refund policy coupled with the no Resale. Great for those who have unlimited budgets.
I can't reconcile the contradiction and therefore choose to give this Synth a wide birth.

And before anyone accuses me of being an agitant just because I point out what looks like bad business practices I say "live and let live"
I'll not return to this thread and leave the happy to be happy.
tl
KVRist

423 posts since 7 May, 2002, from ... , germany

Postby tl; Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

I bought RAPID during the black friday sale.
It wasn't a airy or careless purchase... I checked the feature reduced demo, searched this thread with certain keywords, read some webreview, watched several youtube videos and compared the instrument with other products before making a decision. After all there was enough gatherable information to make a imo well-thought-out decision.
Although being a rather skeptical and careful person I think there are greater issues that require vigilance than seemingly bad business practices of a small virtual instrument and soundware producing company.
As a not EDM or tarnce producing hobbyist with a tight budget, a foolish experimenter, I'm happy with it, with its good sounding wavetable morph, its rather flexible modulation features, its low processor load and the ability to import wavetables and smaples.

So lets modulate some morphs!

Cheers,
tl.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:54 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Target In Flesh wrote:Well there's a cut down demo that won't allow the user to test all the features. Variously capped in ways I cannot understand.
And then there's the NO Refund policy coupled with the no Resale. Great for those who have unlimited budgets.
I can't reconcile the contradiction and therefore choose to give this Synth a wide birth.

And before anyone accuses me of being an agitant just because I point out what looks like bad business practices I say "live and let live"
I'll not return to this thread and leave the happy to be happy.

I admit that the "agitant" was a bit over the top, sorry for that, you seem like a decent person anyway. It's just that i always wonder why people make such a political issue about the lack of ability to resell the software. See, i still know the times where you got thrown out of a supermarket when you brought the milk back when it was sour. I don't argue that that is the right thing to do, and i'm happy that i can bring certain products back. But, the terms of the company isn't hidden in this case, it's all stated on their website, and everyone can read it, if he is interested in the topic. And, you also have to see the other side. A second hand sale is no profit for the company. It means work, and likely support you'll have to provide two times for the same thing. And then the copy gets sold a second time, and you'll have to provide all of that again. I only can imagine the work being involved, and it might not be much for a single copy, but, if you sell a couple of thousand copies, there's probably a few hundred which get resold.

And, the thing is, if you feel like the terms of the company are not legal, you'd have to take it to court, and face the financial and personal consequences, and, maybe the court will oblige the company to change their terms in the process. On the other hand, if you can't be arsed, what i can well understand, the alternative is not to buy. I don't think that's such a hassle, because i go past loads of products in an electronic market too, when i don't like the price, i don't like the product, or i heard bad things about the manufacturer. Of course, you can also feel free to continue posting about it, it's not my forum, and who am i to tell you what to do anyway. Just, maybe, to provide a different perspective.
db3
KVRAF

1636 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Postby db3; Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:59 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Discussion in this thread is simply raising awareness on a potential pitfall. Parawave are in the minority, as most companies offer license transfer. For a EU company it's now more of an expectation.
-dthree-
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:14 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Still no need to bring up a political discussion about this issue for the 100th time. Why is everything made a political issue these days? Why do people not just refrain from buying if they don't like? Don't get it, frankly.

Anyway, for the sake of peace, i'll just leave at this point. Still felt the need to point this out. Also for the 100th time.
kiezum
KVRist

Postby kiezum; Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:32 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

Fortunately, there is plenty of choice when it comes to synths.
kokotte
KVRian

614 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Postby kokotte; Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:48 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

kiezum wrote:Fortunately, there is plenty of choice when it comes to synths.

For sure, and Rapid is one of the best with some exclusive features,
my budget is non unlimited, it's why, before buying something, i try the demo and see if it could fit my sound, my workflow,my need;
every time i sell a synth, i regret it :dog: , it's really rare when i regret buying something.
:hug:
parawave
KVRist

156 posts since 15 Mar, 2016, from Germany

Postby parawave; Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:19 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

We started our XMAS / HOLIDAY SALE.

35% on everything.

If you were skeptical about the full 49,99€ per Extension, now here's your chance to check out one.
As soon as the new Trance XT will be released, it will also be available for the discounted price.

Just a reminder - An extension not only contains at least 128 carefully designed presets, it also provides new handcrafted wavetables and multi-samples. The melodies from the demo showcase are also included as presets. All drums are additionally provided as WAV files. This is more than just a typical sound set, give it a chance ;)
zeph
KVRer

14 posts since 27 Nov, 2006

Postby zeph; Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:03 pm Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

parawave wrote:Image

We started our XMAS / HOLIDAY SALE.

35% on everything.

If you were skeptical about the full 49,99€ per Extension, now here's your chance to check out one.
As soon as the new Trance XT will be released, it will also be available for the discounted price.

Just a reminder - An extension not only contains at least 128 carefully designed presets, it also provides new handcrafted wavetables and multi-samples. The melodies from the demo showcase are also included as presets. All drums are additionally provided as WAV files. This is more than just a typical sound set, give it a chance ;)

THANKS Parawave. :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: Looking forward to Trance XT. How soon to be released???? :? :? :? :?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments